Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-26-2011, 01:57 AM   #1
percolator
I brick open layups

percolator has decent reputation
Thumbs down Iman Shumpert injury

Out 2-4 weeks

With Bibby already nursing a bad back and Baron Davis nowhere close to playing this leaves us dangerously thin in the backcourt.

Toney, Landry, Bill Walker.....not a point guard in the bunch. If Toney gets in foul trouble we're really screwed. Heck, I was worried about that in today's game before Shumpert even got hurt. If Bibby comes back early and we have to rely on him too much.....not a good situation either.

Do we bring in a veteran to try and weather the storm, or stand pat and really push our luck with the Melo: Point Forward experiment?

Other than Nate Robinson I don't even know what's left out there. Anthony Carter signed with Toronto, Carlos Arroyo is playing in Turkey. There's Eddie House I guess, but he's not really a PG either.
percolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:32 AM   #2
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Iman Shumpert injury

iman played like he was in the league for 8 years, and amare played like the rookie

and i am not comfortable watching douglas out there for so long.

i was watching the clipper game and chris paul was amazing in the 4th...its a shame we had no chance to get him here
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:08 AM   #3
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This injury will make Shump a better player.

He needs to learn his role
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:19 AM   #4
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
This injury will make Shump a better player.

He needs to learn his role
He was playing out of control.When Iman Shumpert and Toney Douglas combine for more shots than Amare and Melo then you know something is wrong.
But we need all the help we can get so I hope he will heal soon.
He can be a very good player in this league if he can control his shot attempts.Rookie attempting 13 shots while having Amare and Melo on his team.Come on son.

Last edited by Clutch : 12-26-2011 at 05:37 AM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:23 AM   #5
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

felt like amare was soft all game, hes becoming a jump shooter which is not good...he needs to be more of an inside guy
Old 12-26-2011, 05:23 AM   #6
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
felt like amare was soft all game, hes becoming a jump shooter which is not good...he needs to be more of an inside guy

He didnt have anyone out there to put him in positions to finish around the basket. With the thought of Melo handling Point Forward duties like this, its no way he'll be able to play effectively off of a "temporary" Point Forward.

Hes never been a guy who sets up shop down low. We need someone out there who can penetrate and run the pick & roll so he can get those easy baskets. I respect his mid-range game, but we dont need him playing like Bosh Spice.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:25 AM   #7
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As far as Shumpert's injury goes.

Im guessing that means more time for Bill Walker. For better or worse.

I think Bill wakes up each morning and doesn't know what the hell hes going to do each day, but knows its going to attempting some long 3 pointers.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:59 AM   #8
bluechox2
#knickstape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
As far as Shumpert's injury goes.

Im guessing that means more time for Bill Walker. For better or worse.

I think Bill wakes up each morning and doesn't know what the hell hes going to do each day, but knows its going to attempting some long 3 pointers.
and expect a offensive foul to be called somewhere along the game
Old 12-26-2011, 06:21 AM   #9
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
and expect a offensive foul to be called somewhere along the game
Old 12-26-2011, 07:18 AM   #10
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
He was playing out of control.When Iman Shumpert and Toney Douglas combine for more shots than Amare and Melo then you know something is wrong.
But we need all the help we can get so I hope he will heal soon.
He can be a very good player in this league if he can control his shot attempts.Rookie attempting 13 shots while having Amare and Melo on his team.Come on son.
TD shot quite a few when Melo sat in the third.

But when It's crunch time, everyone got out of Melo's way, and let him ball, as they should.

Shump will be fine, got to finish those layups for sure.

He found Melo for that one assist.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:38 AM   #11
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

I dont know about you guys, but i liked the rookie's aggressiveness. It's been a long time coming were we show fight, to me you guys wanna limit him. We didnt no what to expect out of blake after his injury, and the clippers just turned him loose. I say turn him loose!! Besides i was sick to my stomach, watchin amare let all those uncontested layups go, cuz he was SCARED to get another foul.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:25 AM   #12
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
I dont know about you guys, but i liked the rookie's aggressiveness. It's been a long time coming were we show fight, to me you guys wanna limit him. We didnt no what to expect out of blake after his injury, and the clippers just turned him loose. I say turn him loose!! Besides i was sick to my stomach, watchin amare let all those uncontested layups go, cuz he was SCARED to get another foul.
He can be aggressive without taking 15 shots per game.

I just want him to play smart and under control.
Every his touch with the ball ends up with a shot and he should change that.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #13
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

Utterly ridiculous that Melo being considered as a point forward they better find a PG ASAP.I guess the front office didn't watch the game.

This team was lucky to win Sunday without a PG. They better trade for one ASAP! .
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #14
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Utterly ridiculous that Melo being considered as a point forward they better find a PG ASAP.I guess the front office didn't watch the game.

This team was lucky to win Sunday without a PG. They better trade for one ASAP! .

If anything, it just shows how damn talented our top 3 guys are.

Imagine if we had a pg, and a quality bench.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:57 PM   #15
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
If anything, it just shows how damn talented our top 3 guys are.

Imagine if we had a pg, and a quality bench.
Really? Really? Majide (Seriously? in Japanese)

Bro Boston lost that game more than we won it. They had 2 chances to win tha game without arguably their best clutch player.

You realize we didnt run any offensive sets that game...

No the Knicks need to find a PG we wont be this lucky too often!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: