Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #481
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: Week 17 Discussion and Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
so that was Romo's fault?...not JPP being good?...or Doug Free sucking?

it is all about QBs with you?
Did you watch the games or do you just read the paper the next day? There were several sacks where Romo instead of throwing the ball away or trying to move just dove to the floor. In the 2nd half Dallas has a nice pass rush too, which Eli did a nice job of handling.

I'm not saying Romo sucks, but i don't want him over Eli. No ****ing way. Before the injury our lines were similar quality, you have better receivers and better running backs. I'd trade all those but i want NO part of Romo.

I love how the fact when we match up Romo cracks down the stretch and Eli makes all the plays is not as important as interception stats. Welcome to 2012 and internet fans.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #482
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Laughably dumb.
it is very dumb to rank QBs on rings...yes
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #483
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Eli's got a ring. Had nothing to do with Marino. You threw his name into the discussion.

You don't have to keep using the emoticon. Everyone here is fully aware of your confusion.
Eli beat the cowboys that year. During the playoff game, Eli drove us down the field and put us ahead. Then ROmo tried and did not.

It's a total microcosm of their careers. Eli is by no means the greatest QB ever. But he's very similar talent wise to Romo but he has much better intangibles. THat's not even arguable.

QB's should not be ranked on Super Bowl wins. But WINNING in general needs to be a large part of the equation. And Eli wins bigger games than Romo. He performs better in bigger games in Romo. And he shits on him head to head.

I'll take ELi. YOu take Romo. We play a game. I love my chances.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #484
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Did you watch the games or do you just read the paper the next day? There were several sacks where Romo instead of throwing the ball away or trying to move just dove to the floor. In the 2nd half Dallas has a nice pass rush too, which Eli did a nice job of handling.

I'm not saying Romo sucks, but i don't want him over Eli. No ****ing way. Before the injury our lines were similar quality, you have better receivers and better running backs. I'd trade all those but i want NO part of Romo.

I love how the fact when we match up Romo cracks down the stretch and Eli makes all the plays is not as important as interception stats. Welcome to 2012 and internet fans.
Romo didn't CRACK down the stretch, our D did

did YOU watch the game?

Romo was 106.0 last night
Old 01-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #485
SCY
Put yr guns up

Last night was one of the few games Osi and Tuck were playing together + healthy so I have to imagine NYG's defense was much better than they had been the rest of the season. Not sure what my point is here but felt like stating it.

Romo and Eli is a close call, don't think anyone should be lambasted for picking either guy. Part of the statistic gap can be explained by Eli simply having to throw more and take more chances as they trailed in more games. Eli's certainly been more clutch but other than the DET game I'm not sure just how much blame Romo deserves for all of Dallas's absurd come from ahead losses. I do know that every year Dallas is supposed to be great and they're not, and Romo is going to take some flack for that deserved or not.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #486
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Romo didn't CRACK down the stretch, our D did

did YOU watch the game?

Romo was 106.0 last night
He got picked off in a big spot. He was doing the Mark Sanchez high rated thing early on, easy passes, high completion pct, not moving the ball. He played well when Giants went to this terrified prevent where they wanted the game over. And in almost all the big spots, Eli made a huge play.

Romo was better? REALLY? whatever makes you sleep at night.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #487
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Last night was one of the few games Osi and Tuck were playing together + healthy so I have to imagine NYG's defense was much better than they had been the rest of the season. Not sure what my point is here but felt like stating it.

Romo and Eli is a close call, don't think anyone should be lambasted for picking either guy. Part of the statistic gap can be explained by Eli simply having to throw more and take more chances as they trailed in more games. Eli's certainly been more clutch but other than the DET game I'm not sure just how much blame Romo deserves for all of Dallas's absurd come from ahead losses. I do know that every year Dallas is supposed to be great and they're not, and Romo is going to take some flack for that deserved or not.
When it's close you take
1) The guy who wins more
2) The guy who wins the head to head matchups
3) The guy who makes more plays down the stretch.

If it's purely statisical, then you can discuss without me, because i'm a football fan, i watch games, i don't look at the box score and make decisions on who played well and poorly. And nitpicking and deciding Eli was worse than Romo in a game that he outplayed him by a large margin and won 31-14 is stupid.

I'm done talking to you, Dallas is gone for the year. As per usual....
Old 01-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #488
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Eli has ONE more win...likely less career wins, I don't know.
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #489
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

It hurts for Dallas fans to admit, but Eli is better than Romo. Period. Not heads and shoulders better. Not significantly better. But he IS better.

Thats not an indictment on Romo as he himself is a very good QB, a 2nd tier QB but Eli is just better. Watch the games and stop relying 100% on stats.

Stats are great, but they matter IN CONTEXT.

Sure, Romo may be better stats-wise by the end of the year but Eli's stats are very good and for a while he was a legit MVP candidate. Eli's thrown for significantly more yards/big plays than Romo has and he's had to do it with the burden of having the worst running game in the league, and a defense plagued with injuries.

But the one thing that defines Eli's position as better than Romo? He is CLUTCH.

Thats about it.

Both guys are pretty much 2nd tier QBs but Eli's best has clearly been 1st tier while Romo has never reached that peak yet.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #490
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Garrett doesn't ice his own kicker and Romo would have been benched last night so he could rest for the playoffs...that's what sucks

Giant's fans should thank Garrett
Old 01-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #491
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Garrett doesn't ice his own kicker and Romo would have been benched last night so he could rest for the playoffs...that's what sucks

Giant's fans should thank Garrett

If Plaxico doesn't bring a gun to a club, Eli likely has 2 Super Bowls.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #492
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
If Plaxico doesn't bring a gun to a club, Eli likely has 2 Super Bowls.
no way...that isn't safe to assume at all
Old 01-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #493
jazz873
College star

This is the only thing our defense could stop yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K40I...ayer_embedded#!
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #494
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
no way...that isn't safe to assume at all
But it's an ok assumption that if Romo had a better team he'd be more succesful than Eli, right? Because every post of yours assumes that.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #495
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
alright whatever...Dallas has a bad ass defense and a much better team than the Giants...It was just that Eli was SOOO much better than Romo it was enough for the Giants to get by

Dallas has a below average defense. They have some good parts but when I think of bad ass defenses I think of teams like Baltimore, Pittsburgh and other top 5 defenses. Eli is not that much better than Romo, but I think when he is on [as another poster said] he vaults into the elite category. Just for some reason he can't sustain that level.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: