Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2011, 08:04 PM   #16
KG215
NBA Legend
 
KG215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,293
Default Re: Pro Bowl rosters announced

Romo: 102.2 rating, 317/485 (65.4%), 3,895 yds, 29 TD, 9 INT
Stafford: 96.6 rating, 385/604 (63.7%), 4,518 yards, 36 TD, 14 INT
Manning: 90.3 rating, 355/556 (60.3%), 4,587 yards, 26 TD, 16 INT

The main argument I can see for Manning over Romo and Stafford is maybe because he's had to deal with injuries to key offensive weapons? I don't know, though, Romo has had to deal with the same thing to an extent. Outside of Rodgers, Brees, and Brady, there was a good stretch of football where Eli was the MVP of the league probably, so maybe that's what he's got going for him too.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #17
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox
 
ballinhun8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ehhhh, BANDWAGON BOSTON
Posts: 3,418
Default Re: Pro Bowl rosters announced

5 Bears make it......and a ST did and IT WASN'T HESTER!


Peterson had a nice year returning. Had one more TD. But Hester has been hurt since the Philly game.


Glad to see Forte and Peanut Tillman get their due. Now pay the man Angelo!!!
ballinhun8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:16 PM   #18
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,897
Default Re: Pro Bowl rosters announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Romo: 102.2 rating, 317/485 (65.4%), 3,895 yds, 29 TD, 9 INT
Stafford: 96.6 rating, 385/604 (63.7%), 4,518 yards, 36 TD, 14 INT
Manning: 90.3 rating, 355/556 (60.3%), 4,587 yards, 26 TD, 16 INT

The main argument I can see for Manning over Romo and Stafford is maybe because he's had to deal with injuries to key offensive weapons? I don't know, though, Romo has had to deal with the same thing to an extent. Outside of Rodgers, Brees, and Brady, there was a good stretch of football where Eli was the MVP of the league probably, so maybe that's what he's got going for him too.
I think it is just that people dislike Romo...honestly

I don't see anyone can make a case for Eli over Romo with those numbers...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #19
irondarts
.
 
irondarts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,031
Default Re: Pro Bowl rosters announced

So who are the alternates, because half of these players won't even go, nobody even likes to go to the Pro Bowl.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:51 PM   #20
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,730
Default Re: Pro Bowl rosters announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
So who are the alternates, because half of these players won't even go, nobody even likes to go to the Pro Bowl.

Do people even watch? I dont. Plus who got snubbed/who made it imo isnt that big of a deal. I take hearing Pro bowlers with a grain of salt.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:53 PM   #21
JMT
NBA lottery pick
 
JMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,690
Default Re: Pro Bowl rosters announced

It'll be so exciting when 5 or 6 of those guys actually play in the game!

Biggest joke of all the ridiculous all star games.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #22
Derrick
The Dragon
 
Derrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tucson
Posts: 1,312
Default Re: Pro Bowl rosters announced

Peterson

Last edited by Derrick : 12-27-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #23
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star
 
InspiredLebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birthplace of basketball
Posts: 26,277
Default Re: Pro Bowl rosters announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
It'll be so exciting when 5 or 6 of those guys actually play in the game!

Biggest joke of all the ridiculous all star games.
The worst part is that the guys that replace all the "injured" guys that pull out are still called Pro Bowlers. I mean, semantically i suppose it's true, but it's just dumb.

They need to just end the thing. The "well it helps the Hawaii economy and it's a cool vacation" excuse used to be OK, but starting next year (right?) they're playing it in the same city as the Super Bowl. No one even watches it, watching two hand touch football is not fun.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #24
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity
 
GatorKid117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Shenzhen China
Posts: 3,371
Default Re: Pro Bowl rosters announced

Newton's 1st Alt so he'll be going.

Jay Ratliff, meh. I'd put in Mebane.

Have to think one of the Texans O-line would get in considering they're the best in the league imo.

Derrick Johnson well deserved. Ray Lewis, meh. I don't think he or for that matter Reed deserves it either. Reed has been invisible the 2nd half of the year.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #25
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan
 
UtahJazzFan88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 6,068
Default Re: Pro Bowl rosters announced

Romo should be on the Pro Bowl over Eli, Stafford. But honestly who gives a shit about the Pro Bowl anyways? These guys can easily book their trip to Hawaii anyways.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:23 PM   #26
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,140
Default Re: Pro Bowl rosters announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
looks decent to me actually

-there are 2-3 QBs with numbers better than Eli...Romo has him beat in every catagory

-I guess Nnamdi has lost his rep...wow

-did Ed Reed earn that? he has been quiet this year

I'm sorry but Eli is a pro-bowl QB, he has been great this year and he's probably the 4th best QB right now behind Rodgers, Brady and Brees.

He has single handily carried the Giants this year with alot of clutch drives. It would be a crime to have him snubbed in favor of Romo.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:23 PM   #27
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-
 
-playmaker-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 10,239
Default Re: Pro Bowl rosters announced

Of coarse no one cares about the actual game, they just care about their guys getting repped.
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:27 PM   #28
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan
 
UtahJazzFan88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 6,068
Default Re: Pro Bowl rosters announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I'm sorry but Eli is a pro-bowl QB, he has been great this year and he's probably the 4th best QB right now behind Rodgers, Brady and Brees.

He has single handily carried the Giants this year with alot of clutch drives. It would be a crime to have him snubbed in favor of Romo.

So has Romo... and before people mention the Jets and the Lions. Eli pretty well choked away a game at home against Seattle, and played extremely poor (Romo INT style) against the Deadskins twice. Romo makes a case for carrying that team and making comeback drives and driving them down field for should have or did make game winning FG's, TD's.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:32 PM   #29
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-
 
-playmaker-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 10,239
Default Re: Pro Bowl rosters announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I'm sorry but Eli is a pro-bowl QB, he has been great this year and he's probably the 4th best QB right now behind Rodgers, Brady and Brees.

He has single handily carried the Giants this year with alot of clutch drives. It would be a crime to have him snubbed in favor of Romo.
They have lost 5 of the last 7 games...only reason they are in the picture is because Dallas iced thier own kicker lol.

Romo has been way better...not even close

Maybe week 6 Eli was better...but not right now
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #30
JMT
NBA lottery pick
 
JMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,690
Default Re: Pro Bowl rosters announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
The worst part is that the guys that replace all the "injured" guys that pull out are still called Pro Bowlers. I mean, semantically i suppose it's true, but it's just dumb.

They need to just end the thing. The "well it helps the Hawaii economy and it's a cool vacation" excuse used to be OK, but starting next year (right?) they're playing it in the same city as the Super Bowl. No one even watches it, watching two hand touch football is not fun.

NFL fan since the 60's. The next minute of Pro Bowl I watch will be the first.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:25 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy