Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Better Player: Donovan McNabb or Steve "Air" McNair

McNabb

167 Games
234 TD's
117 INT's
85.6 QB Rating
59% Completion
37,276 Pass Yards
3,459 Rush Yards
29 Rush TD's
98-62-1 Win/Loss Record (lol at the tie)

6x Pro Bowler
1x NFC Offensive Player of the Year
0x All Pro

McNair

161 Games
174 TD's
119 INT's
82.8 QB rating
60.1 % Completion
31,304 Pass Yards
3,590 Rush Yards
37 Rush TD's
91-62 Win/Loss Record

3x Pro Bowler
1x NFL MVP
1X All Pro

Keep in mind the talent they had around them, personal accolades, throwing ability, running ability and athleticism, durability, team success (due to them).

Think of what McNabb would have done on the Titans or McNair on those same Eagles teams? About the same? Worse? Better?

Who was the better player?
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Better Player: Donovan McNabb or Steve "Air" McNair

I would say McNair was the better player if we are talking about both these guys at their best. For some reason it took a long time for the Oilers/Titans to trust the offense and open it up for Steve "Air" McNair but the transition from Houston to middle Tennessee probably impacted his progression. I think what separates these 2 are the leadership qualities and intangibles. You could count on McNair to play through nearly anything and still remain productive.

As for the talent that they were surrounded with I think McNair has the edge; Mason, Bennett, Sanders, and Wycheck are better than anything the Eagles had during most of McNabb's career and I didn't mention that McNair had a pro bowl RB behind him most years as well as a solid to good defense.

Overall I would go with McNair.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:13 PM   #3
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation here

I don't know. Very good comparison of players. Similarly skilled.

I wouldn't know who to take. If it's for a playoff run to the Championship I would take McNair. For Regular Season success they are both very similar.

It would probably be a no brainer had McNair gotten that 1 yard in the Super Bowl.

...........................Gun to my head, gimme "Air" McNair.
ballinhun8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
simcjt
The bodyguard

simcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd go with McNair but I'm beyond bias.

Don't forget that Brian Westbrook was not garbage so though Eddie George was nice in his own right Donovan had support too.

Bennet was a nice wr but was never dominate.
simcjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:05 AM   #5
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcjt
I'd go with McNair but I'm beyond bias.

Don't forget that Brian Westbrook was not garbage so though Eddie George was nice in his own right Donovan had support too.

Bennet was a nice wr but was never dominate.

I still can't believe the drop he had vs. NE in the playoffs on a 4th down play.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:18 PM   #6
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

I doubt McNair would have lost to both the Buccaneers AND the Panthers in those consecutive conference championship games, even considering the fact that Westbrook got hurt in one of them and Philly's crappy receiving core. McNair would have gotten it done.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:52 AM   #7
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Elvis Grbac
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:12 AM   #8
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Easily Donovan.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: