Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-29-2011, 09:05 AM   #16
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Toney Douglas

Bibby absolutely sucks...but he's a better pg than Douglas. He CLEARLY looked more comfortable out there. Toney Douglas has found a way t oget WORSE this year. Before, he was clearly not a pg, but he was good for a couple of baskets and some defensive stops. In college he was a really good defender. Now, he doesn't even do that. He's TERRIBLE on defense now. Ishe Smith, Monta Ellis, Charles Jenkins were all blowing past him. Furthermore, he is completely scared out there now. He's hesitant every time he goes in the lane and the only time he shoots with confidence is when he is hoisting up an illadvised 3.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:06 AM   #17
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
That's why Lakers won 2 championships in a row just a few years ago ?

Please don't say that Fisher is above average because I don't know if he's even average.
damn clutch you on me today huh?!! I would take fisher a hundred times outta hundred over douglas.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:16 AM   #18
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
That's why Lakers won 2 championships in a row just a few years ago ?

Please don't say that Fisher is above average because I don't know if he's even average.
The Triangle offense isnt based on PG play. So you can get away with Fisher just bringing up the pill. The main reason why they will miss Odom for a while.

I cant understand why people are down on TD he is a spark plug of offense off the bench (as Knickcity already stated.)
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:23 AM   #19
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
damn clutch you on me today huh?!! I would take fisher a hundred times outta hundred over douglas.
I'm just pissed because of our performance last night.I wasn't even mad last night but I woke up angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
The Triangle offense isnt based on PG play. So you can get away with Fisher just bringing up the pill. The main reason why they will miss Odom for a while.

I cant understand why people are down on TD he is a spark plug of offense off the bench (as Knickcity already stated.)
I'm happy with him being a scorer off the bench but he simply isn't a starting point guard on a good team.
Heck,he isn't even a starting point guard on a bad team.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #20
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Only problem is....He's our STARTING POINT GUARD!!! Furthermore, I don't buy that "spark off the bench" shit. Your job as a backup is to fill in when the starter goes down. If our starter went down,he's clearly shown he cant get the job done.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:39 PM   #21
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Only problem is....He's our STARTING POINT GUARD!!! Furthermore, I don't buy that "spark off the bench" shit. Your job as a backup is to fill in when the starter goes down. If our starter went down,he's clearly shown he cant get the job done.
His body is warm and we are trying to make a square peg fit a round hole.

He probably could have done it if the Knicks didnt have 2 high priced players that need the ball. When all the players were on equal footing he was fine.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:18 PM   #22
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

That's not the role of a 6th man, which Toney is best suited as.

Whether you like the term or not, most 6th men are "spark plugs" off the bench.

And they stabilize the second unit to provide relief to the starting unit, normally providing scoring, and if done right the seamlessly fit in.

Toney could fit that bill.

Kinda of why I really wanted Jamal Crawford back, and if it took Toney to do it, by bye TD.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:56 PM   #23
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

It has nothin to do with me liking the term. Douglas is not a playmaker.last year,i thought he was just a bad pg.now im convinced hes just a bad player.the player u described is jamal crawford or jason terry or james harden.funny how every1 was against gettin nate but support douglas.nate is clearly a better "spark" in terms of bench scoring. Just as im typing this, douglas just missed a layup then bricked a three
Old 12-30-2011, 06:32 AM   #24
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nate is a complete headcase and really an immature, stupid basketball player.

Pretty much sums why he isn't in the NBA.

If two contenders can't have use for you, I don't want you either.

He only made the NBA because he has a high vertical, and is quick.

But his brain negates all that.

You guys knows my loyalty is to the team, and I would move anyone off of it to win it all.

Toney would have been included to get Crawford, when the chance was there.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:16 AM   #25
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Im not fan of Nate. Im sure if you dig up the archives, you'll find plenty posts of me ripping him. Howver,the exact thing Toney Douglas supporters say is his "strength", Nate Robinson does better than him. If you're saying Douglas' strength is scoring off the bench, you can't say Nate isn't better at that than him. Nate was getting almost 18 a game off the pine when he was here. And your argument for who's in the league and who's not is invalid. There are plenty of players in the league who don't belong and plenty of players not in the league that could be strong contributors. Al Thornton says hi!

p.s. SIGN AL THORNTON!!!!
Old 12-30-2011, 09:45 AM   #26
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Why are you hell bent on getting Al Thornton?

I understood Sebastian Telfair but I dont get this in the slightest.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:07 AM   #27
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Why are you hell bent on getting Al Thornton?

I understood Sebastian Telfair but I dont get this in the slightest.

Because he can score and we need bench scoring. I can't understand why he's not in the league yet Jared Jeffries and Josh Harrelson have a job. Plus, he plays defense. He has long arms and can defend the 3 and sometimes 4 position.He's like a less selfish version of Al Harrington with defense.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:10 AM   #28
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Because he can score and we need bench scoring. I can't understand why he's not in the league yet Jared Jeffries and Josh Harrelson have a job. Plus, he plays defense. He has long arms and can defend the 3 and sometimes 4 position.He's like a less selfish version of Al Harrington with defense.
He cant create his own shot or score efficiently and he has limited offensive ability. Cant play defense. Pretty low basketball IQ. This is why he isnt signed. He cant bring nothing to an NBA team.

I remember he was decent about 3 or 4 years ago in LA but the flaws were very telling.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:32 PM   #29
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
He cant create his own shot or score efficiently and he has limited offensive ability. Cant play defense. Pretty low basketball IQ. This is why he isnt signed. He cant bring nothing to an NBA team.

I remember he was decent about 3 or 4 years ago in LA but the flaws were very telling.

He avg 16 ppg in 08 09. Are you saying stuff just to disagree with me or do you really watch him play? He avg 11 ppg over his career in less than 30 minutes a game. I hate when ppl play the "he's not in the league so he sucks" card. Obviously that's not true because he's better than everyone on our bench. If you don't think we need him cool but c'mon man. Actin like he's a bum when our starting PG just dropped 5 and 5 in 33 minutes of play gets you a "C'mon son".

Old 12-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #30
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

There is a reason why Thornton is not in the NBA.

Personally I dont want the Knicks going against the grain.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: