Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 12-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #1
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board
Default Rage (best first person shooter of 2011)

How is this game not getting that much love? It has a Metacritic score of 80. That's not a bad score but I'd say it's like a 9.5 type of game. The best first person shooter of 2011. Seriously guys, try this game out. I have nothing but good things to say about it.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rage (best first person shooter of 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
How is this game not getting that much love? It has a Metacritic score of 80. That's not a bad score but I'd say it's like a 9.5 type of game. The best first person shooter of 2011. Seriously guys, try this game out. I have nothing but good things to say about it.

What about the ending? I mean I liked the game but that was kinda bullshit.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:53 PM   #3
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
What about the ending? I mean I liked the game but that was kinda bullshit.

I haven't finished it yet. I'm about 7 and a half hours in.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:41 AM   #4
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I agree with both of you. I really enjoyed Rage. It sounded awesome with my new gaming headset and I really got into it. I loved some of the erratic attack patterns the enemies used. Yes, the ending was too abrupt. It needed more.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:47 PM   #5
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
I agree with both of you. I really enjoyed Rage. It sounded awesome with my new gaming headset and I really got into it. I loved some of the erratic attack patterns the enemies used. Yes, the ending was too abrupt. It needed more.

Dead City was intense as hell with head phones on. They did a really great job with the sound design.

And it's hard to believe the game runs at 60 frames per second considering how good the graphics are.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #6
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Dead City was intense as hell with head phones on. They did a really great job with the sound design.

And it's hard to believe the game runs at 60 frames per second considering how good the graphics are.

Yeah Dead City sounded creepy and intense. The combat shotgun had a nice BOOM! It is a beautiful game, but I had it on the ps3. It had texture pop-in which I didn't notice after awhile....got used to it.

I was telling my friends that Rage was underrated. I even bought some copies for my nephews and they think it's sick.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:20 AM   #7
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

how's online?
Draz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:50 PM   #8
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
how's online?

Haven't played it online and probably never will. I bought it for the sole purpose of the single player campaign.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #9
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Just finished it. Most abrupt and lame ending I've ever seen. The 1st disk was definitely stronger than the 2nd disk.

I loved the game though. The gameplay, graphics, and sound design were just top-notch. Story could have been better. It wasn't bad, I just feel like they didn't put a whole lot of effort into the plot. But at least the characters were somewhat interesting.

9/10 overall.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: