Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2007, 10:24 PM   #1
Pandaemonaeon
I hit open layups
 
Pandaemonaeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 95
Default Avery: "Devin Harris is the best defensive PG in the West"

This was a quote last week by Avery. Do you agree with him? Looking at the West, I think he has a point (no pun intended). Billups, Hinrich and Kidd are all in the East.
Pandaemonaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:25 PM   #2
hotsizzle
Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WINNING!
Posts: 9,851
Default

well the PGs in the west arent all that on defense...nash, parker, paul, smush
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:26 PM   #3
miles berg
MFFL
 
miles berg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dublin TX
Posts: 2,880
Default

Im bias but I think he is.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:31 PM   #4
Howard5Dirk41
Banned
 
Howard5Dirk41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: aka Nowitzki41MFFL
Posts: 1,601
Default

hes great at staying in front of people and taking charges.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:31 PM   #5
Howard5Dirk41
Banned
 
Howard5Dirk41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: aka Nowitzki41MFFL
Posts: 1,601
Default

hes great at staying in front of people and taking charges.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:42 PM   #6
FabCasablancas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,803
Default

I think it's interesting that you never really hear Avery complimenting Dirk about anything, but then he says something like this about Devin.. this is the exact same kind of nonsense you hear from mavs homers constantly too.. "the Mavs are the deepest team in the league"... "Josh Howard is an all-star player and an MVP candidate".. "Dampier is the second best center in the league"..

They are desperately trying to hide the fact that the Mavs are a one-man-team. It's all fool's gold.. because when we get in the playoffs there will be five defenders on Dirk and the rest of the Mavs playing like complete crap missing all their outside shots.. remember all that talk about how Devin was a great perimeter shooter from shooting all summer before the season started.. then he couldn't hit an outside shot and Avery said Harris didn't really need to shoot.. haha

It's like this deal where Josh played well against bad teams for a couple weeks and now he is an all-star and an MVP cadidate..

Finley used to put up HUGE numbers next to Dirk all the time.. and he stinks.. he's certianly not an all-star calibre player. And he was playing better han Josh.. so how can Josh be an all-star calibre player if we dumped Finley and pay him to be on another team?

Last edited by FabCasablancas : 01-03-2007 at 10:49 PM.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:44 PM   #7
reppy
Apparently likes anime
 
reppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,174
Default



Jarrett Jack!
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:47 PM   #8
Howard5Dirk41
Banned
 
Howard5Dirk41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: aka Nowitzki41MFFL
Posts: 1,601
Default

wow you're an idiot.

2 posters above me.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:55 PM   #9
Pandaemonaeon
I hit open layups
 
Pandaemonaeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
"Dampier is the second best center in the league"

It's too bad you didn't go to class yesterday because they were teaching sarcasm, gerunds and dysentery.
Pandaemonaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:56 PM   #10
Blackened
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
I think it's interesting that you never really hear Avery complimenting Dirk about anything, but then he says something like this about Devin.. this is the exact same kind of nonsense you hear from mavs homers constantly too.. "the Mavs are the deepest team in the league"... "Josh Howard is an all-star player and an MVP candidate".. "Dampier is the second best center in the league"..

They are desperately trying to hide the fact that the Mavs are a one-man-team. It's all fool's gold.. because whnen we get in the playoffs there will be five defenders on Dirk and the rest of the Mavs playing like complete crap missing all their outside shots.. remember all that talk about how Devin was a great perimeter shooter from shooting all summer.. then he couldn't hit an outside shot and Avery said Harris didn't really need to shoot.. haha

It's like this deal where Josh played well against bad teams for a couple weeks and now he is an all-star and an MVP cadidate..

Finley used to put up HUGE numbers next to Dirk all the time.. and he stinks.. he's certianly not an all-star claibre player. And he's was playing better han Josh.. so how can Josh be an all-star calibre player if we dumped Finley and pay him to be on another team?
Wow. You couldnt be more more wrong buddy.

In his last 10 games, Dirk has led the Mavs in scoring only TWICE. And thats a fact. Dont talk outta your ass next time.
Blackened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:56 PM   #11
FabCasablancas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,803
Default

The fact is that the Mavs are a well balanced and decently put together team.. but all the players individually are pretty mediocre. and they would be bad offensively if it wasn't for Dirk's offensive greatness. That's Dirk's true gift.. he makes all the inefficient scorers around him efficient. His perimter game also allows the Mavs frontcourt to rebound very well. Other than that our team is very average.

The only thing the Mavs really have going for them is their chemistry.. and that is due to Dirk's unselfishness. He is what makes this team of poor wannabe scorers fit together so well. Dirk is as unselfish as Nahs but better than Nash. He makes the players around him better. Nash is equally as unselfish as Dirk but has better players around him.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:58 PM   #12
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever
 
A Roc 23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,380
Default

Fab how do you explain the fact that their record is sick despite Dirk not scoring 30+ points since mid-November?

Or the fact that Josh Howard has been their best scorer the past 10 games (that I know of)?
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:59 PM   #13
FabCasablancas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackened
Wow. You couldnt be more more wrong buddy.

In his last 10 games, Dirk has led the Mavs in scoring only TWICE. And thats a fact. Dont talk outta your ass next time.


Yeah.. and look at the teams it was against too.. Avery probably told Dirk to take it easy right now.. and Dirk has been injured. Dirk did the exact same thing during a big stretch last season too.. then the competition got tougher and Dirk had to take over again.. he is trying to let Josh be the man because it's the right thing to do for his development..
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:00 PM   #14
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.
 
wang4three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,447
Default

Deron, Jack, and Shaun Livingston are up there.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:00 PM   #15
Blackened
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
The fact is that the Mavs are a well balanced and decently put together team.. but all the players individually are pretty mediocre. and they would be bad offensively if it wasn't for Dirk's offensive greatness. That's Dirk's true gift.. he makes all the inefficient scorers around him efficient. His perimter game also allows the Mavs frontcourt to rebound very well. Other than that our team is very average.

The only thing the Mavs really have going for them is their chemistry.. and that is due to Dirk's unselfishness. He is what makes this team of poor wannabe scorers fit together so well. Dirk is as unselfish as Nahs but better than Nash. He makes the players around him better. Nash is equally as unselfish as Dirk but has better players around him.
Then how do you explain Mavs win against the Nuggets without Dirk in the lineup? How did all these "poor wannabe scorers" win without the all-mighty Dirk?
Blackened is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:43 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy