Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-04-2007, 01:42 PM   #61
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Ok, lebrons shot ANYBODY could make that.

Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:01 PM   #62
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

I still don't see how a 25 footer is more impressive than a 80 foot heave.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:03 PM   #63
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Ok, lebrons shot ANYBODY couldv'e been lucky enough to make that. It is not like because Lebron made that he is a better player. Not everyone couldve made the shot that gilbert made. Actually, looking at lebron's history on clutch plays, I doubt lebron couldve done the same gil did.
Yeah... LeBron wouldn't know anything about 'being clutch'... especially when comparing him to a Washington Wizard. Man.... some people have short memories.

I remember a certain player hitting two game-winning shots in the PLAYOFFS last year and setting up a teammate for the series ending 3 pointer. I also remember this same player whispering something in the ear of a player on the opposing team while he was at the free throw line... said player then missed two free throws that led to the series ending shot.

Wait, wait, wait.... who is anti-clutch again?

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 01-04-2007 at 02:06 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:10 PM   #64
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I still don't see how a 25 footer is more impressive than a 80 foot heave.

I'll list reasons why.

1. Bron did it at the end of a 3rd quarter, Gilbert did it to win the game
2. The distance of the heave was great and impressive but the signicance doesnt rival Gilbert walkin away soon as he released the shot giving the crowd a "I'm THAT niiiiiiiiiice!" with his fingers doing sign language for "Quality shot". He did all this before the shot fell. His antics > Bron antics (really did none). Didnt hurt he calmly walked the ball up before he pulled his antics.

This is why people find it impressive. A game winning shot is already something that moves the crowd. But a game winning shots the way Gilbert did it? It will always be more impressive. So now you see...its not 80 > 25, its the signicance, impact and how the shots were taken that seperates the two in the impressive/more impressive catergory. Got it?
Old 01-04-2007, 02:19 PM   #65
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

So I should be impressed because of the timing and ignore the fact that it was a normal deep three-ball? I never been overly impressed by game-winners as highlites so I'm the wrong guy for this conversation I guess.

The funniest part in all this to me is that people bring up the quality/bad shots thing as though it was a quality shot from Arenas.

Gilbert is starting to make his way into the "Can do no wrong" group Tim Duncan and rookie Chris Pau enjoyed being members of.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:25 PM   #66
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Quote:
So I should be impressed because of the timing and ignore the fact that it was a normal deep three-ball? I never been overly impressed by game-winners as highlites so I'm the wrong guy for this conversation I guess.

The funniest part in all this to me is that people bring up the quality/bad shots thing as though it was a quality shot from Arenas.

Gilbert is starting to make his way into the "Can do no wrong" group Tim Duncan and rookie Chris Pau enjoyed being members of.

Well no wonder you dont find the shot more impressive or understand why others do. You've never been that impressed with game winners in general. You had the answer to your own damn question.

I dont know if that shot was a quality shot...but i often will throw it out there as one because its funny to hear the story behind it. How he was hitting shots and calling them quality in a game. Thats hilarious. So i just take the word and label any silly shot that goes in quality. I'd call Lebron 80 footer a quality shot. The quality shot thing is just funny to me.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:32 PM   #67
Da KO King

I was hoping it was something other than the timing of the shot. To me a jumper is a jumper regardless of the time it was hit. Unless it was part of an interesting sequence of events a game-winning three doesn't move me.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:48 PM   #68
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I was hoping it was something other than the timing of the shot. To me a jumper is a jumper regardless of the time it was hit. Unless it was part of an interesting sequence of events a game-winning three doesn't move me.
ok....i dont really know how to explain this to you because you have already shown you are a idiot just by saying a jump shot to win the game is on the same level with a jump shot made in the first quarter...ill try though

A jump shot to win the game is more exciting because the game comes down to that one shot....the shooter is also under alot of pressure making the shot harder(look at game winning shot %)
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:57 PM   #69
Da KO King

This jackass really think I don't understand the importance of a game-winner?!?

Unless I'm mistaken at the intent of this thread and its not about what is a better highlite it is in fact just a jumpshot.

Regardless of impact a jumper to me is not a better highlite than a 80 foot bomb.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:02 PM   #70
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

To me, a 30 foot 3 point shot is more impressive then getting LUCKY on a hail mary shot from LeBron...c'mon did LeBron face the same pressure as Gilbert?

Some of the weaker players got similar baskets, you can't say you getting lucky on a shot is more impressive then hitting a game winner from 30 feet...you just can't, makes no freaking sense...if LeBron hit that shot with 2 seconds left on the clock in the 4th for the win, then it would have been more impressive...he simply didn't face the same pressure as Gilbert.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:12 PM   #71
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

....I can't believe that people are still arguing over this.

Why can't we just enjoy the shots for what they were? Why is it always "yeah... it was ok, but this was better.." ?

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 01-04-2007 at 06:50 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: