Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 12-30-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation here
Default Dumb moves you made so far

This can include anything from dumb draft picks, players you cut that other teams immediately snatched up, or forgetting to set your roster for the day.

I did the latter. Forgot to set it, and left Howard and Lowry on my bench. They proceed to combine for 32 points, 35 rebounds, 11 assists, 6 steals, 3 blocks and only 4 turnovers. Now in h2h, I'm down 7 assists, 5 steals, 1 block. God damn.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
MochaUdoka
Serious playground baller

MochaUdoka has a terrific reputationMochaUdoka has a terrific reputationMochaUdoka has a terrific reputationMochaUdoka has a terrific reputationMochaUdoka has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Dumb moves you made so far

I think I take the cake for dumb moves. I've played Lamar Odom all 3 games

My reasoning was that even a lost/unmotivated Odom would still produce reasonable stats (I have a pretty solid team and so I'm ok with a subpar Odom). I was thinking somewhere along the lines of 9pts, 7rbs and an occasional 3pt, stl, and blk.

Odom's stats after 3 games : 4-27 FG (1-11 3PT), 4.7 PPG, 4.3 RPG
MochaUdoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:44 PM   #3
LiLharvard
I see GREEN people..

LiLharvard has an OK reputation so far

Traded Scola, Terry and Nash for Beasley and Gordon.. trade has not been processed yet so I hold out hope that it gets vetoed
LiLharvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLharvard
Traded Scola, Terry and Nash for Beasley and Gordon.. trade has not been processed yet so I hold out hope that it gets vetoed
Dumb as spit!
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #5
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

I traded Rondo Okafor for Deron... after DWilliams 38pt effort hasnt worked out yet.

Before the season I traded Dwight Reddick for Al Jeff, Maggette, Blatche hasnt worked out yet.

It hasnt been a full week yet so I hope long term they work out.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
LiLharvard
I see GREEN people..

LiLharvard has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Dumb as spit!
So you think it's a really bad move?
LiLharvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #7
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLharvard
So you think it's a really bad move?
Its pretty much a bad move regardless of what your team looks like.

Scola >> Beasley
Terry + Nash >>>>>> Gordon (prone)
Old 12-31-2011, 01:10 AM   #8
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I traded Rondo Okafor for Deron... after DWilliams 38pt effort hasnt worked out yet.

Before the season I traded Dwight Reddick for Al Jeff, Maggette, Blatche hasnt worked out yet.

It hasnt been a full week yet so I hope long term they work out.
I cant believe you let D12 go
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:25 AM   #9
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation here

In hindsight, god damn I should've picked up Rubio and Henderson off waivers when I had the chance.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:05 AM   #10
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
In hindsight, god damn I should've picked up Rubio and Henderson off waivers when I had the chance.

I drafted Henderson with the last pick of my draft!

Didn't get a chance to get my hands on the Spaniard sensation
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #11
TheFastOne
Celtic Pride

TheFastOne has an OK reputation so far

Wes Matthews and Walker for Kyrie Irving.

I hope it's gonna work out
TheFastOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #12
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
I cant believe you let D12 go
Yeah I had no intention of doing the deal. But I figured I would get more assets to trade. Once I got Dwight in the draft I figured I'd tank FT% but once I moved him I changed that philosophy. Then I had to move Rondo and Okafor some how to give me a chance in that cat.

Like I said it hasnt worked out that well since Deron, Maggette, Blatche, Al Jeff had a few stinkers for me. I kind of like it long term though.

I did miss out on Marshon, Rush, Hawes being to over-confident with my team.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #13
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Drafting Dorell Wright. Well, he got auto drafted for me, but still. Goddamn bust so far.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #14
JerrySteakhouse
Sophia Bush > ALL #JSH

JerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Drafting Dorell Wright. Well, he got auto drafted for me, but still. Goddamn bust so far.
Told you!
JerrySteakhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #15
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

Holy FUCK! I meant to drop Austin Daye for Jeff Teague, instead ended up clicking on Aaron Afflalo!! SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! I'm 10th on waiver line so unless for some reason, everybody in my league falls asleep for the next 3 days, I just screwed myself over big time.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: