Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-02-2012, 05:56 AM   #16
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trainspotting vs Requiem for a Dream

Requiem for me. I love a good depressing movie.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #17
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

I've said it here before...I think Requiem for a Dream is one of the most overrated movies along with Memento.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #18
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
I've said it here before...I think Requiem for a Dream is one of the most overrated movies along with Memento.

I didn't like Trainspotting either.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #19
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Bless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Requiem for a dream.

How he ends it left me sick to my stomach. You know a movie is good when you have a physical reaction.
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #20
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I saw Requiem for the first time a few months ago after hearing about it for a decade. It was a little over-hyped and overrated, it was impossible not to be. Ellen Burstyn as Harry's mother completely stole the movie. The story and other characters took a back-seat to her unbelievable performance. She was like a silverback against puppies.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:05 AM   #21
markymark
Local High School Star

markymark has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I saw Requiem for the first time a few months ago after hearing about it for a decade. It was a little over-hyped and overrated, it was impossible not to be. Ellen Burstyn as Harry's mother completely stole the movie. The story and other characters took a back-seat to her unbelievable performance. She was like a silverback against puppies.

Actually, all four of them were amazing. It just so happened that Ellen put on an extremely brilliant performance.

Not sure about it being overrated - 3/5 people I ask don't even know about it.
markymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #22
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

I actually thought Requiem was funnier than Trainspotting personally. It's probably the best edited movie ever. However crushing the ending is.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #23
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Ellen Burstyn as Harry's mother completely stole the movie.
She was good but she was too old to be Harry's mother. She looked like she should have been his grandmother.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #24
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark
Actually, all four of them were amazing. It just so happened that Ellen put on an extremely brilliant performance.

Not sure about it being overrated - 3/5 people I ask don't even know about it.

Apparently opinions vary.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:16 AM   #25
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love both of these movies, But I prefer Trainspotting. I love the soundtrack. Good acting by a 25 yrs.old Ewan Mcgregor.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:28 AM   #26
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board

The one with the Wayans brother.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:32 AM   #27
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

You're thinking of Blankman, which is better than these two movies.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:33 AM   #28
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

Good acting by Marlon Wayans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq8eGSmrwFU

Trainspotting - My Best Scene (Underworld - "Born Slippy")
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #29
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
You're thinking of Blankman, which is better than these two movies.
Actually was thinking Buletproof.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:46 AM   #30
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

trainspotting. lighter tone and more realistic. cant beat the UK

requiem is very tragic but insults my intelligence on how drugs can realistically mess up your life. its never as dramatic as it appears to be.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: