Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default NFL Wildcard Round Discussion and Game Thread

#6 Cincy @ #3 Houston
#5 Pittsburgh @ #4 Denver

#6 Detroit @ #3 New Orleans
#5 Atlanta @ #4 New York Giants
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Re: NFL Wildcard Round Discussion and Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
#6 Cincy @ #3 Houston

Bolded are winners

Houston's QB issues will catch up to them immediately.

Pittsburgh is just a better overall team than Denver, Tebow will be forced to throw.

Detroit won't be able to keep up with New Orleans in scoring

New York Giants have the superior QB, defense, similar caliber receiving core, and they are at home

Last edited by VishaltotheG : 01-01-2012 at 11:33 PM.
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #3
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Falcons struggle against the pass(Brees always torches them), I see Eli having a big game..

New Orleans is on a roll right here with the hottest player in the league. Detroit is a good team but they seem to have mental lapses and that defense doesn't seem that good, New Orleans wins in a shoot out.

This Denver game is a tricky one as Denver is home and Pittsburgh is beat up. I can see Tebow pulling some shit out of his hat but I think that defense will be able to shut out that offense the way they have been playing. Denver needs to be more aggressive.

Cincy and Houston game can go either way but I'll take Cincy as Houston has been playing poor lately.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:40 PM   #4
EnoughSaid
Wade County

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Wow Bengals make playoffs 2 times in 3 years. Let's hope we can really hold the Texans to only a few good possessions and get through to the next round. I don't even remember if the Bengals have ever been in the 2nd round.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #5
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
Wow Bengals make playoffs 2 times in 3 years. Let's hope we can really hold the Texans to only a few good possessions and get through to the next round. I don't even remember if the Bengals have ever been in the 2nd round.
prob not since boomer esiason when they played the 49ers in the super bowl not that you would know that lol

they lost to the steelers when carson palmer got hurt and blew it to the jets 2 yrs back.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #6
EnoughSaid
Wade County

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
prob not since boomer esiason when they played the 49ers in the super bowl not that you would know that lol

they lost to the steelers when carson palmer got hurt and blew it to the jets 2 yrs back.

Yeah that's what I refer to, 2006 playoffs and 2010 playoffs.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #7
EnoughSaid
Wade County

Anyway, I really want the Steelers to DESTROY the Broncos. I hope Tebow cries.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:09 AM   #8
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid

The last time the Bengals won a playoff game was 1991 against the Houston Oilers. They lost the following week against the Bo Jackson led Oakland Raiders. (which ended up being his last game).

That was also the last playoff win for the city as a whole in baseball/football.

This is an excellent chance to get rid of that stigma, against a reeling team that isn't looking very scary right now.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:37 AM   #9
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

#6 Cincy @ #3 Houston

D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:23 AM   #10
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Bengals favorites on the road against a team they lost to at home a few weeks ago, without Andre Johnson.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:41 AM   #11
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think Houston obliterates the Bengals, Steelers destroy the Broncos, Saints kill the Lions, and I can't even pick the 4th game. That one is by far the toughest to call, but I'll go with the Giants.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #12
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Bengals favorites on the road against a team they lost to at home a few weeks ago, without Andre Johnson.

It's not an unreasonable pick.

The Bengals would have probably won that game had they simply fallen on a fumble.

I think the Texans have some big advantages, namely Arian Foster, and I think they are better coached.

The Bengals can compete with anyone in this league, but have a hard time doing it for 60 minutes, and have a bad habit of shooting themselves in the foot.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #13
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
#6 Cincy @ #3 Houston

cha ching
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #14
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
It's not an unreasonable pick.

The Bengals would have probably won that game had they simply fallen on a fumble.

I think the Texans have some big advantages, namely Arian Foster, and I think they are better coached.

The Bengals can compete with anyone in this league, but have a hard time doing it for 60 minutes, and have a bad habit of shooting themselves in the foot.

Not unreasonable, and Vegas made Houston the favorite so I can't b*tch anymore. But the thing I really have to point to is the Bengals record vs. good teams. 1-6 vs teams with a winning record, 0-7 vs teams in the playoffs. They're not any more experienced than the Texans are, and don't have a quality win this season so I'm not sure why they're such a trendy pick.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #15
SCY
Put yr guns up

Here's the records for playoff teams vs. each other

NE 1-2
BAL 6-0
HOU 3-2
DEN 1-3
PIT 3-4
CIN 0-7

GB 6-0
SF 4-1
NO 5-1
NYG 1-3