Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #31
scott0326
National High School Star

scott0326 has decent reputationscott0326 has decent reputation
Default Re: NFL Wildcard Round Discussion and Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
Exactly. I'd take Charlie Batch over Tebow. The Denver running game isn't going to go for 200 plus against Pittsburgh. Tebow will have to complete for than 6 passes.
Yup, I would be shocked (and pissed) if the Broncos somehow beat the Steelers.. I just don't see them doing much offensively, if the Steelers score 14 points, they'll probably win the game.. That college style option bullshit isn't going to work against the Steelers.
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #32
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Steelers don't even have to bring out an offense onto the field on Sunday and I wouldn't be shocked if they won.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #33
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

I'm hoping for a Bengals, Steelers, Saints and Giants wins. I absolutely hate the Broncos and want them to get destroyed. They don't even have to play Roethlsberger.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #34
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin on Tuesday said he will not allow safety Ryan Clark to play in Sunday's AFC wild-card game in Denver against the Broncos out of fear for Clark's health.

Clark has sickle cell trait, a condition that can be problematic in the high altitude of Denver. In a 2007 game there, Clark became violently ill and lost his spleen and gallbladder in addition to losing 30 pounds because of deprivation of oxygen to his major organs.

Clark told ESPN's Josina Anderson that he wanted to play in the game and was planning to do so until Tomlin told him he couldn't.

"I mean, everybody knows I want to play and I would have played," he told ESPN. "I talked to my doctors and we actually had a plan in place for me to play. All things pointed to me going until (Tomlin) told me I can't. He said he wouldn't have let his son play and so I'm not playing either."

Tomlin also didn't let Clark play in a 2009 regular-season game at Denver and didn't clear him for a preseason game there last year.

Clark said it wasn't a "shock" that he won't play, but he thought it might be different this time, considering it's the playoffs.

"It would have been an amazing triumph to come back and play there, to have things come full circle and to be all right. So to not be on the field is disheartening, but God has his plan," he told ESPN.

The 32-year-old safety led the Steelers with 100 tackles. Clark will be replaced with Ryan Mundy, who has two career starts.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2011...denver-broncos
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #35
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He lost 30 pounds from one game? Holy bejeesus.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #36
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Terrell Suggs: "I could put up Tebow numbers"
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #37
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty

That's very respectable of Tomlin, a lot of people wouldn't give a sh*t and just play one of their defensive starters.

I'm sure Nick Saban would've made him play, everyone know the story where he didn't respond and WALKED over a player when he was having a heart attack or something?
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #38
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

#6 Cincy @ #3 Houston
#5 Pittsburgh @ #4 Denver

#6 Detroit @ #3 New Orleans
#5 Atlanta @ #4 New York Giants

The bold are my predictions of who will win this weekend. Bengals and Texans is the only game I am uncertain of. The rest are relatively obvious to me in a matchup standpoint.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #39
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Who do you want to win it all? Obviously you don't want the Packers, Steelers, and Giants.
Bengals would be my fav to win it all...that would be awesome
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #40
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Saw this on UniWatch:

Quote:
For the first time in the Super Bowl era, no white-helmeted team made the playoffs.

Usually the Colts have been in it the past decade-plus so they've always been the white-helmeted team.

Jets have been in it recently, too. Before the Jets, the Titans were in every so often.

But it's not really that hard to believe b/c out of the 32 NFL teams, only 6 have white helmets: Colts, Titans, Chargers, Jets, Dolphins, Cardinals. So what's really hard to believe is that this is the first time ever that it hasn't happened. The Chargers used to be dark blue, too, so that made it down to 5 teams.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #41
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

Denver is a sleeper this weekend. No Clark and Mendenhaal could be huge. Denver could disrupt Roethlisberger's timing and it's @ Denver. if i was a betting man, i would take Denver and the points.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #42
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopoldstotch
Denver is a sleeper this weekend. No Clark and Mendenhaal could be huge. Denver could disrupt Roethlisberger's timing and it's @ Denver. if i was a betting man, i would take Denver and the points.
They are a sleeper if you are betting. If you are talking to win, then no, they are not a sleeper. Back door cover maybe but they are not winning. NO way.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:23 AM   #43
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopoldstotch
Roethsliberger almost always torches the Broncos. Broncos stand a very slim chance. The only way the Broncos can win is if they can put pressure on Roethlisberger and possibly create turnovers. I don't think Denver will be able to rely on their offense too much in this game.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:28 AM   #44
scott0326
National High School Star

scott0326 has decent reputationscott0326 has decent reputation

The only way I see Denver winning is if they have an amazing defensive game.. Honestly though, Mendenhall is not that big of a loss, he is a pretty average RB.. Isaac Redman is not that much worse.. although his fumbling issue last week worries me.

The real big loss is Maurkice Pouncey.
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #45
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm just pacing around, waiting for this damn game to start. 3rd playoff game in 21 years. The memories of Palmer getting his knee shattered in '06, and them losing to the Jets in '09 still burn fresh.

No matter what happens today, it's still a successful season, given that noone would have thought that THIS particular team would be within shouting distance of the playoffs, but damn, it would sure be nice to break that streak for not only Bengals futility, but Cincinnati pro sports futility as well.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: