Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 06-22-2006, 07:32 PM   #31
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckDiggLer
Wasn't Mullen on the Dream Team? How can a Dream Team member not be in the Hall. No way Mutombo gets in over any of the Dreamteamers not named Laettner.
Others may disagree, but it was always my feeling that Mullin was picked as a "position player" for the Dream Team. Not that he wasn't among the best players, but it was his excellent outside shooting ability that really won him the spot.

I don't have a Dream Team roster in front of me, but off the top of my head I'd say that Mullin was probably the least "legendary" player on that team, aside from Laettner.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:34 PM   #32
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamKnight
AD? who are you guys talkin about?
Adrian Dantley
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:41 PM   #33
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

BeckDiggLer has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamKnight
AD? who are you guys talkin about?

i think Mutombo is in for his defense

Who was AD, What?
The man was 6'2" and if he posted you up it was buckets or a foul, you were done, toast shot like 58% from the field every year man, dude was good for 30 everytime the warm ups came off.
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:10 PM   #34
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

No
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:04 PM   #35
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
If he's a HOF'er then so is Rodman and Ben Wallace. And as much as every one seems to love wallace over the last few years, does some one who does 2 things well (rebound, play d) deserve in the Hall?
Deke was significantly better than both.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:14 PM   #36
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Being selected to an All Star team is weak. Why do fans put much value on them?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:25 PM   #37
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Well, even if you take away the all-star teams he's still fairly decorated.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:34 PM   #38
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

What do you guys think about Alonzo Mourning for HOF?
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:44 PM   #39
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
He should make it as an international player. Went to Georgetown but is still really from Africa (Congo or Nigeria or something).

Definitely, since he is from the D.R.C. (formerly Zaire), and was a dominating player.
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:47 PM   #40
Bill Swerski

My heart says yes, my brain says no.

It would be an extremely classy gesture, as he's done immeasurable good for central Africa.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:10 AM   #41
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Who remembers the shoe ad???

Man does not fly... Bood diddy bop bop (tribal drum beats).... in the house of Mutombo.

G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:29 AM   #42
Bill Swerski

Those shoes were butt when they dropped, but Raekwon actually gave them a line...

The commercial was nice tho.

POP Quiz: Lemme see if I can get his full name right....

Dikembe
Mutombo
Mplonda
Jean
Jacque
Wa-Mutumbo
Old 06-23-2006, 12:32 AM   #43
Bill Swerski

Nope, it's

Dikembe
Mutombo
Mpolondo
Mukamba
Jean
Jacque
Wamutombo

He speaks 7 languages, and does countless charity work in War-Torn Central Africa.

Truly a great man.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:23 AM   #44
DreamRuled
Kids at the park dunk on me

DreamRuled has an OK reputation so far

Great guy, did lots of great things, but not a HOF'er. Also, he's not an international player... He never played anywhere but America, unless he was on an Olympic team for some one...don't know that part.

Like I said, a real classy guy, does great Charity work in Zaire (I think that's the place), but no HOF'er
DreamRuled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:29 AM   #45
vincentda
Decent playground baller

vincentda has decent reputationvincentda has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
being selected by the fans can be weak but not by the coaches.

I say Yes he should.
vincentda is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: