Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Who wants Santonio Holmes?

From all we've heard about Holmes and the Jets this year he's got to be on the way out (assuming Ryan knew he was benching him that last quarter, haha). I wouldn't want him within 50 miles of Foxborough right now and wonder what the hell they were thinking putting that "C" on his jersey. But maybe someone wants him to join up? There are people in TB that were happy to get Haynesworth and he's pretty much a total jackass. Anyone want their team to roll dice on Holmes?
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Who wants Santonio Holmes?

Players on the Jets said he quit weeks ago.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #3
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Teams like the Bears, Bucs, Browns, and Jags would probably want him. Those were the three teams I would suspect would get DeSean Jackson but it sounds like DeSean Jackson might stay in Philly. Holmes would be good with the Bears though.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
There are people in TB that were happy to get Haynesworth and he's pretty much a total jackass.

For the record, I was not one of them. He played well in his first two games after he got here, and I admit I was happy/surprised with how he played.

And I would not want Holmes in a Bucs uni at all. They have enough problems already. They don't need a player of Holmes' attitude and demeanor in the league's youngest locker room.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Can't, it would be a $8M cap hit over three years (like each year, $8M IF cut). He's there to stay. He's not a problem IF you have a better team. He's a diva frontrunning receiver. If they go 10-6 next year he'll be a saint.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #6
scott0326
National High School Star

scott0326 has decent reputationscott0326 has decent reputation

I would take him back on the Steelers...
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #7
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott0326
Fortunately for you, he will never be back in Pittsburgh. The Steelers, once again, show that they are ahead of the curve... Cut this guy loose exactly at the right time and they are better off for it.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #8
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Can't, it would be a $8M cap hit over three years (like each year, $8M IF cut). He's there to stay. He's not a problem IF you have a better team. He's a diva frontrunning receiver. If they go 10-6 next year he'll be a saint.

This is very true. I didn't hear a word from him last year when they went 11-5.

At first, I thought he might be gone next year, but I think the Jets should just suck it up and deal with him. The receiving corp can't continue to be a revolving door like it has been since Sanchez has been here. I say they should keep Holmes and sign Braylon Edwards (who will be dirt cheap). Then you have the same receiving corp as 2010 plus Jeremy Kerley who is a promising young receiver.

Last edited by Heavincent : 01-02-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #9
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The Steelers have arguably the best WR corps in the NFL and they have no chemistry or locker room issues. I have no idea why you would even want him back on your team. At this point he would do nothing but create a mess for Pittsburgh. Teams that are in desperate need for a WR like the Bears, Bucs, Browns, Jaguars, etc. want him, not teams that already have good WRs and certainly not teams that already have an elite WR corps.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #10
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

No way dude, we don't need him creating probs when he already have Wallace, AB, and Emmanuel Sanders who I want to see involved more.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #11
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

He'll remain a Jet and be catching passes from Peyton Manning next season. The exit of the Polians says to me that Indy is ready to cut ties.

Sometimes good things happen to bad people.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #12
scott0326
National High School Star

scott0326 has decent reputationscott0326 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
The Steelers have arguably the best WR corps in the NFL and they have no chemistry or locker room issues. I have no idea why you would even want him back on your team. At this point he would do nothing but create a mess for Pittsburgh. Teams that are in desperate need for a WR like the Bears, Bucs, Browns, Jaguars, etc. want him, not teams that already have good WRs and certainly not teams that already have an elite WR corps.
I know it won't happen, I was sort of joking. I'm just a big Holmes fan still. He is still a good player, but he left on bad terms and I don't think he'll ever play for Pittsburgh again.. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
No way dude, we don't need him creating probs when he already have Wallace, AB, and Emmanuel Sanders who I want to see involved more.
I really like Sanders, but he can't stay healthy, he has been battling injuries each of his first two seasons in the NFL. Cotchery isn't great, but at least he has stayed healthy for the most part this season, which is why he probably gets more play time.
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #13
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Just for cap relief purposes I would take a 7th rounder but not many teams will trade for a malcontent at that price who isnt a top 10 player at the position.
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:08 AM   #14
ROCSteady
WALL*BEAL*NASH*KOBE

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He would be dirty with Cutler. That would become one of my fav connections in the NFL
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:30 AM   #15
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
He would be dirty with Cutler. That would become one of my fav connections in the NFL

This.

But i still want Michael Floyd or Ashlon Jeffrey on the team. A WR with size for Cutker will do wonders.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: