Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here
Default Walkthough Suggestions?

Hey guys, I'm thinking of doing a bunch of walk-through videos on the highest difficulty. The games I own (and that I'm relatively good at) are:

Uncharted 1, 2 & 3 (crushing difficulty)
Modern Warfare 1, 2 & 3 (veteran difficulty)
Black Ops

I know this is primarily a basketball forum and the video forum doesn't have as much traffic as other video game forums but I am currently undertaking a project to create a bunch of walk-through video guides. The games I mentioned I above are the ones I am most comfortable with. I do have a mic so as I'm recording I will be talking strategy and showcasing my skills.

If you guys are ever online:

Xbox tag: pRiMeHuStLeR
PSN: 0verlord73, rhythmic-thesis & xciter (all different consoles, will be using my RT PSN for this project)

Anyways, I'll probably start posting videos in the spring but just wanted to know which games I should concentrate on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik3SREdZ8-Y

Here's the walk-through I made a few years back and gameanyone used it (I think in 08'). I'll re-do it by including commentary because this game on crushing can be done several different ways. Check out Chapter 4 & 13 for some skills. Those two are by far the two of the most difficult levels I have ever played in my entire life. I also submitted a walk-through for U2 in 09' but I have since improved my strategy dramatically, so I'll re-do it as well.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Walkthough Suggestions?

Uncharted 3 would be cool to do. Are you really good at any other games?
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:38 AM   #3
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Uncharted 3 would be cool to do. Are you really good at any other games?

The 7 I named I'm really good at; and I choose them because a) I own them and b) they aren't overly long.

Other games I'm good at is Red Dead Redemption and God Of War but they aren't really strategy heavy and (GOW in particular) simply requires timely combo hits then actual skills/strategy.

Uncharted/COD games are interesting to me because:

1) You need to know how the AI reacts in each area.
2) You need to have patience.
3) You need to know when to be aggressive.
4) You need to be precise with your aiming.
5) You need to know proper cover for certain areas.
6) You need to use proper weapons for certain areas.

Plus, there is a "chapter" select for these games, and it makes it easier for me to record game-play without cut scenes.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #4
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

That's cool man. I have a pretty large NES collection and wanted to make a YouTube channel of me playing the hardest ones and giving advice on how to get through the difficult parts. Never ended up doing it though.

Uncharted would be a good one. COD? I think enough people are on that one, I'd probably stay away. Just my opinion.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:24 AM   #5
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green
That's cool man. I have a pretty large NES collection and wanted to make a YouTube channel of me playing the hardest ones and giving advice on how to get through the difficult parts. Never ended up doing it though.

Uncharted would be a good one. COD? I think enough people are on that one, I'd probably stay away. Just my opinion.

Seems fair, I'll definitely re-do the Uncharted trilogy.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:32 AM   #6
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

While you're likely to generate more traffic with a CoD walkthrough, it's been done to death by quite a few YouTube commentators now.

I'm a 360 guy, but an Uncharted 3 walkthrough would be interesting to me as I'll never likely play the game myself.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:21 AM   #7
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Uncharted has a bunch of nice elements that you can do in a walkthrough. There are multiple strategies for different areas. Different gun usages that can alter your approach.

In addition there are all the treasures you can find (I ended up cheating using a guide for the last couple).

And then on top of that it's got some of the most accessible trophy hunting achievements. Good stuff to point out in a walkthrough, because most of it's very doable, it just needs to be stumbled upon or recognized.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:01 AM   #8
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Uncharted has a bunch of nice elements that you can do in a walkthrough. There are multiple strategies for different areas. Different gun usages that can alter your approach.

In addition there are all the treasures you can find (I ended up cheating using a guide for the last couple).

And then on top of that it's got some of the most accessible trophy hunting achievements. Good stuff to point out in a walkthrough, because most of it's very doable, it just needs to be stumbled upon or recognized.

Unless you're playing Drake Fortune on crushing. This game is ridiculous; AI can shoot at you from a far distance and still have perfect precision. Not to mention you get killed after two shots. It's pretty intense and is far more challenging then U2 & U3. Being equipped with the right weapons is essential.

Have you beaten all 3 games on crushing?
I've beaten U3 on hard and crushing but I'll definitely have to beat a couple more times before I record the walk-though.

My best play-through were:
Uncharted 1: 8 deaths (probably half of them were from Chapters 4, 13 & 20)
Uncharted 2: 4 deaths (only 1 from actual gun-fire, 1 from a grenade & 2 from platforming)
Uncharted 3: 26 deaths

All on crushing, U3 is obviously the weakest of the three.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #9
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

So I went over my games and I have the following titles that I'm good at:

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3)

Medal Of Honour: Limited Edition (PS3)
Call of Duty 4 (PS3)
Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
Modern Warfare 3 (360)
Black Ops (PS3)
World At War (360)
Red Dead Redemption (PS3)
GTA 4 (PS3)
Splinter Cell: Conviction (360)
The Godfather II (PS3)
Mafia II (PS3)
Kane & Lynch (360)

I also have Arkham Asylum, UFC 2010 & Akrham City (as well as Killzone 2, Infamous 2, Mass Effect 2, BioShock, NBA 2K11 and Halo 3)

I'm probably going to only do the ones I bolded; but I'll do the other ones if people really are interested in any of them.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #10
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
Unless you're playing Drake Fortune on crushing. This game is ridiculous; AI can shoot at you from a far distance and still have perfect precision. Not to mention you get killed after two shots. It's pretty intense and is far more challenging then U2 & U3. Being equipped with the right weapons is essential.

Have you beaten all 3 games on crushing?
I've beaten U3 on hard and crushing but I'll definitely have to beat a couple more times before I record the walk-though.

My best play-through were:
Uncharted 1: 8 deaths (probably half of them were from Chapters 4, 13 & 20)
Uncharted 2: 4 deaths (only 1 from actual gun-fire, 1 from a grenade & 2 from platforming)
Uncharted 3: 26 deaths

All on crushing, U3 is obviously the weakest of the three.

I have beaten all three. In fact I have platinum trophies on all three, and along with Red Dead, they're the only games I've gotten the platinum trophies for. Like I said, I think a lot of it has to do with the accessibility of the trophies. And also the replayability of the games.
I don't know what my best death totals are.

They are great games.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #11
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I have beaten all three. In fact I have platinum trophies on all three, and along with Red Dead, they're the only games I've gotten the platinum trophies for. Like I said, I think a lot of it has to do with the accessibility of the trophies. And also the replayability of the games.
I don't know what my best death totals are.

They are great games.

I plated U1 and U2, not U3 yet. I plated RDR as well, terrific game. My favorite sandbox game of All-Time.

Chapter 7 on crushing and Chapter 18 (Heart Of Ice) are two levels in Uncharted that are just annoying. Out Of a Frying Pan is so difficult on crushing it frustrates me to the point where I just switch to hard because you basically need to get luck at one point. You essentially have to shoot the jeeps as soon as they come out of the forest to have a chance for survival.

But yeah I am looking forward to the walk-through's.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:57 AM   #12
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

Just got the platinum for Uncharted 3 after not playing it for half a year.
I am ready to begin my walkthtroughs, just need to get a PVR. Don't really want to use a digital camera.

Anyone needs help with U3 (or ther other Uncharted titles) let me know.
I can actually implement stealth for Chapter 8 (Citadel), Chapter 14 (ballroom), Chapter 14 (airstrip) and Chapter 12 (graveyard) which makes the entire walkthrough cake.

Just beat the game last night in one sit-through, died six times (two of which from rushing platforming). Easiest game of the three, in my opinion.

I'll show you guys how to beat the fountain fight in Chapter 21 too, pretty simple. But if anyone needs tips, I can explain discriptively prior to creating videos for each chapter. Not sure if I'll do chapter select or just start a new game to show you guys where all the trophies are...

Anyways, toughest parts of the game:

- Running from the spiders in Chapter 7, mostly because of the camera.
- Chapter 9 (when Cutter is hurt, the fight against the shielded guys)
- Sink or Swim, running away from the water wave (because of the camera)
- Jin Fountain (although easy, can be hard if you aren't a good shooter)
- Caravan (I suppose, the horse sequence: although if you just run towards the van and throw every enemy off first without shooting at them on the horse, it's cake)

Anyways, hopefully I can begin this project soon.

Will do the Uncharted trilogy first, then Max Payne...for now.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:48 AM   #13
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What is the reasons for doing the walkthroughs? Those are old games at this point. You look up Uncharted 3 walkthrough and there are a dozen different ones to pick from on youtube alone.

Just as a hobby?
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #14
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
What is the reasons for doing the walkthroughs? Those are old games at this point. You look up Uncharted 3 walkthrough and there are a dozen different ones to pick from on youtube alone.

Just as a hobby?

Yeah, it's more like a project-based hobby. I actually got paid twice for creating the Uncharted: Drake's Fortune walkthrough a few years back. I sold my PVR since then because of school and a lack of interest. Of course there's a little arrogance involved and I also want to show off my skills and in the process help those who are struggling a little in certain areas of the game.

A lot of youtube videos of Uncharted 3 aren't walk-through besides QueenVampire and Mr.Brizzo. Half of those are players dying a million times not knowing what to do and the other people are editors for websites playing on normal just showing you how to collect treasures. The strategy is minimal at best; Mr.Brizzo and Shante (QueenVampire) both were on my crew in U2 and both are very good at video games in general. Those are really the only walk-throughs out for U3 right now; every other person isn't really all that good. My strategy is different then both of theirs and I think is catered more towards less skilled players because I actually attempt to provide a "fool-proof" strategy. In fact, both of those guys studied my walk-through from U1 and U2 before making theirs few years back.

But yeah, I guess it's more like 50/50: trying to help anyone who needs help and as a personal hobby.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #15
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

Going to try and start these walkthrough for Uncharted hopefully near the end of the summer. Need to buy a PVR again for them.

I'll attempt to beat all 3 games on crushing with 0 deaths; I've done it a couple of times for U2 & U3 but Drake's Fortune is so hard (I usually die a few times, my best ever attempt was 3 deaths).
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: