Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 12-23-2011, 05:04 AM   #1
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here
Default Favoring Modern Warfare Campaign?

Contains Spoilers

I just finished MW3 campaign, and man it was intense. It was a giant mess and quite unrealistic but I had a lot of fun. The sniper mission with Soap is a favorite of mine and every mission in Act 1. Act 3 was a little disappointing and short however, and the final boss was unexpectedly easy. I expected killing Mozorov to be a lot harder, but the way you kill him is freaking epic.

Anyways, simple question: which campaign was your favorite?
I definitely liked MW3 over MW 2, but don't quite remember COD 4's campaign mode vividly so I am not sure about that one.

I still don't think I have felt as excited as I did when I first played All Ghillied Up. I have a difficult time recollecting all the mission from MW2, but Blood Brothers, Back On The Grid & Goalpost are three missions I really enjoyed in MW3. The final mission was easy and somewhat disappointing; but the way we kill Mozorov is epic. The final scene kind of recollects my memory of how COD 4 started with Captain Price. Kind of bad ass. Really pissed off that literally every other character died, including Sandman.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board
Default Re: Favoring Modern Warfare Campaign?

COD 4 and it's not even close.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:59 AM   #3
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

COD4>>>>>>>MW2>>>>MW3

Killing off Soap wasn't just bad storytelling, it was more of a symbolic gesture that they don't want to continue the Modern Warfare series anymore.

How the **** could you kill off your main character? This isn't an HBO show. MW3 just thought too highly of itself and that showed.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:23 PM   #4
Story Up
LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Story Up is a pretty well-respected posterStory Up is a pretty well-respected posterStory Up is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshumitsu
COD4>>>>>>>MW2>>>>MW3

Killing off Soap wasn't just bad storytelling, it was more of a symbolic gesture that they don't want to continue the Modern Warfare series anymore.

How the **** could you kill off your main character? This isn't an HBO show. MW3 just thought too highly of itself and that showed.

I liked it, it was unexpected to me. RRD had the same twist too, I think it adds value to the game where it's not always done generically. In terms of, the good guys always win.

MW3 was better then 2 tho, it was way more fun to me and I felt more vulnerable to be honest. COD 4 wins due to it's originality and realism tho; my jaw was dropped throughout the entire experience.
Story Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #5
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Just recently played all the campaigns again:

1) Modern Warfare 2 (Just loved the atmosphere so much; the invasion of America by Russians were some of the most intense levels I've seen in any game. I love Ramirez too, and enjoyed all of his levels. Plus Ghost was a great character and being part of the 141 made you feel like such a bad ass. I just feel like this was the most "complete" campaign out of all of them. BO is a very close 2nd, and all others just aren't as great overall.)
2) Black Ops (Woods & Reznov are the characters I feel closest too and the fact you get to attempt to kill Castro is epic. Plus Dragavich is such a terrible human being makes it all that much more intriguing. Love Hudson too, easily the game with the most memorable characters, IMO)
3) Modern Warfare 3 (most epic game of the series by far, too unrealistic. Loved the "attempted" assassination mission where Makarov blows up the hotel)
4) COD 4 (most realistic, and has the best mission in any COD; but feels out-dated now)
5) Black Ops 2 (love Raul, great villain)
6) World at War (no climax at all, no focus of a main objective; I love the atmosphere and Reznov is my favorite character ever, but just didn't capture the same level of interest)
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

COD4 is the only one I cared enough about to play through on veteran. The rest I ran through quickly and ignored, as I was much more focused on the multiplayer.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #7
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputationTylerOO has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
COD4 is the only one I cared enough about to play through on veteran. The rest I ran through quickly and ignored, as I was much more focused on the multiplayer.

This. Ive played the campaign on COD4 a few times. I usually beat the campaigns in COD once and never touch again, unless Im going for an achievement. COD4 has some awesome missions
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: