Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
KobesFinger
Laker Gang

KobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputation
Default NBA 2K Vent Thread

This is a thread for you to rage in. Say which game you are playing and why you are raging.

I'm playing 2K13 MyCareer. I'm a 93 overall SG/SF on the T'Wolves. I'm raging for several reasons. Even though I'm leading the league in scoring at 26 a game, the CPU refuses to run plays for me. It's making me playing 41mpg compared to Kevin Love's 36 and Rubio's 34 according to the rotation. In those 5 minutes I'm alone with the scrubs (Ridnour, Budinger, Milicic, Lee and Kirilenko who is the worst) the CPU still doesn't run plays for me. Instead, Kirilenko gets all the post-ups he wants even though he refuses to shoot unless its a fast break lay up and even then he might pass. Even in blowout wins where we're up 20 with 5 minutes in the game, I have to stay on the floor.

I have 93 quickness, 85 handle and off handle and I know how to chain dribble moves but the CPU is just a wall on defense. People like Kendrick Perkins and Z-Bo who have no business keeping me out of the paint can force me into jump shots. I have 89 mid-range, 90 shot off dribble and, shot creator and microwave and yet I still brick step backs and pull ups.

I have 95 on ball D and have good positioning and discipline. Sometimes I'll have a great defensive possession where my man wants to get a lay up and I'll keep bumping him, then all of a sudden he gets a highlight lay-up where the animation includes the 2 steps which take him past me. There's nothing I can do about this, and he doesn't have any momentum to carry him past me. Everyone on my team can also do this, but I can't.

The game doesn't care about defense. Interior help defense is non-existent (though what can I expect with Love and Derrick Williams as my front court) but also defensive match ups make no sense. I played a game against the Thunder yesterday (they still have Harden). When OKC plays small ball with Westbrook, Harden, Sefalosha, Durant and Ibaka, the CPU will make me guard Sefalosha and have Williams guard Durant even though he isn't quick enough to stay with him. Sefalosha is not an offensive threat yet the CPU wastes a great defender on him while a great offensive player torches us.

In that same game I ended with 26/11/5 but no FT attempts even though I only attempted 2 jumpers (both 3 pointers). One my lay up attempts even got blocked even though Ibaka goaltended it by putting his hand through the bottom of the rim. It's impossible to get FTs in this game, but the CPU gets constantly bailed out by whistles.

I hope in 2K14 they fix the emphasis on defending. Every year they add more (usually unrealistic or out of place) offensive moves. In 2K12 it was the post moves which resulted in the step through exploit, this year they added dribble moves of which some are travels/carries. Help D needs to be in the game (both on the perimeter and in the paint).

/rant, that felt good.
KobesFinger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: NBA 2K Vent Thread

I agree, more defense needs to emphasized next year. I play 12 minute quarter games pretty often now, and it's hard not to allow the other time to get 110 with ease.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #3
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My rant is just a bunch of complaints about the online mode called Quick Team Match-Up.

- Ball movement is nonexistent

- Players only set screens in order to get their teammate grade higher & not to help with the offense

- Nobody sets off-ball screens for shooters

- EVERY SINGLE player clogs the paint in order to get the rebound

- People try to steal the ball so much that they end up with 3+ fouls in the 1st quarter

- Whenever there's a fastbreak, idiots try to throw up alley-oops EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! Usually the ball flies out of bounds.

- If someone is under the rim, there's no way to block them. They always end up dunking the ball, even with half the opposing team guarding them.

- If you're playing on the Phoenix Suns or Golden State Warriors or any other team where your teammates can switch the Center or Power Forward for guys like Michael Beasley, Richard Jefferson, etc., they'll do it in a heart beat, which leaves the real SF/SG without back-ups. It also allows the opposing team to dominate on the rebounds since Beasley and Jefferson or any other small forward playing C/PF can't rebound too effectively.

- Sometimes you end up playing with a PG who actually bothers to pass a lot & usually that PG ends up passing the team out of the game. What I mean is that he'll pass the ball too much just for assists and not necessarily looking for the best ways to score. I've played with guys who will pass up wide open shots with great 3-pt shooting PGs just to get an assist.

- Usually when someone ends up as LeBron James or Michael Jordan, all they do is turbo their way to the paint to throw down dunks. The ball movement gets much worse when playing as the Heat because of this. The player controlling LeBron thinks he can dunk every possession, even if it ends up being offensive fouls.

- People set charges in the back court. It's irritating as hell. I've found that everyone seems to do it so I avoid running into them, but when you've got your teammates running into them and getting called for offensive fouls, it just gets stupid. I don't know why 2K didn't patch this. It's a real problem.

- Fouls don't get called enough, other than reaching fouls.

- The match-ups are always the same! It's always like Heat v. Magic, Bobcats v. Hornets, Nets v. Lakers, Timberwolves v. Celtics, etc. I'll encounter one of these match-ups 9 times out of 10 when playing this game mode.

- People don't box out, and if they're getting boxed out, they'll go for the rebound anyway and get called for an over-the-back foul.

- When someone ends up playing as a great shooter, if you pass them the ball anywhere on the court, they take the shot. They refuse to pass. They just shoot it, even if they're being guarded tightly.

I can keep going, but I think I've listed enough things. It's nice to get this off my chest. I love 2K, but sometimes this shit irritates the hell out of me.

Oh, and don't get me started on MyCareer mode.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
KDthunderup
Decent college freshman

KDthunderup has an OK reputation so far

Online is ****ed, so many sooky ***** will pause the game when they are losing.

In single player mode I can dominate with back to basket players but online they double team so easily everytime and my ****ing players wont cut to the basket so I can pass for an open dunk.

Also on the fastbreak my players all cut to the basket when I want them to stay on the 3 point line, I see them at the 3 point line and pass it then suddenly the cut to the basket so I end up getting picked, ****ing annoying.

And for some reason online players drain contested 3 pointers at will, and then i will constantly brick open 3s with the exact same players my opponent is abusing me with.
KDthunderup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #5
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Games feel scripted, the guy could be losing by 20 and he will make a comeback while my dude who hasn't missed all day starts bricking open shots
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:12 AM   #6
CanYouDigIt
Banned

CanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this board

MyTeam is so trash. You shouldn't be in the 8th Seed and have an all Gold Line-up. You should be able to unlock better and better players to buy with VC as you get higher in the rankings. Same goes with unlocking Gold and Silver Packs.

I also fvkcing hate the amount of 3s people take during a game. You shouldn't be able to make back to back to back to back to back to back to fvkcing back 3s all in transition. Every shot you take should take some fatigue off of you.

MyTeam also needs a harder difficulty. The CPU is sometimes completely unreliable when it comes to coming off screens and defending the screens.

Lastly, LET FVKCING PEOPLE REMOVE SIGNATURE SKILLS FROM PLAYERS!!!
CanYouDigIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:20 AM   #7
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
I agree, more defense needs to emphasized next year. I play 12 minute quarter games pretty often now, and it's hard not to allow the other time to get 110 with ease.
This. Sometimes it's fun but sometimes it sucks. I want more grind-it-out 92-87 type games but I like playing 12 minute quarters. I got bored so I decided to download the players from the '93 Suns off 2K Share (just replaced the players on the current Suns roster) and simmed the season. I'm in the WCF Finals right now, the scores in the first three games have been...

131-129 (Suns in OT)
120-117 (Suns)
126-122 (Thunder)

Granted, that's the extreme because it's the Thunder and, with the '93 Suns I run quite a bit, but it's not too far off from the scores I end up with in games with other teams.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:48 PM   #8
CarlosBoozer
"Boozer"

CarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Defense seriously needs to be fixed, I really hate to suggest this.. but I really feel like it'll be more realistic if more fouls would be called. It'll slow down the game but it'll make defense wayy better. Take out signature skills and make the post up game harder, right now it is way cheesy, just like jacking up 3's.
CarlosBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #9
eriX
High School Starter

eriX has decent reputation

1. Shot clock cheese
2. The AI of your teammates. I'm getting double teamed at the top and marc gasol stands at the 3pt line...
3. The ability of the CPU. Playing on HOF shouldn't feel like playing against Team USA. Perkins shouldn't be able to hit ANY jumper outside 1 feet of the basket.
4. Offensive rebounding.
5. Those leaning lay up animation bullsh*t
6. Either remove the signature skills all together to or make more of them so that they actually replicate real life abilities, and in the latter make it so you can buy more slots for sig skills/
7. Make those players who can shoot 3pters actually shoot the damn ball when they are open... fking pisses me off so much.
8. The stamina issue... it's too much, every single game my bigs will get tired with 6min still left to go in the 4th whilst only playing like 30 minutes the whole game and they don't help defensively nor offensively it's ridiculous. People like Noah is capable of playing 48 minutes a night if he had to...
9. The AI always playing perfect defense, whilst everytime you go for a block its a foul.
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #10
KobesFinger
Laker Gang

KobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriX
1. Shot clock cheese
2. The AI of your teammates. I'm getting double teamed at the top and marc gasol stands at the 3pt line...
3. The ability of the CPU. Playing on HOF shouldn't feel like playing against Team USA. Perkins shouldn't be able to hit ANY jumper outside 1 feet of the basket.
4. Offensive rebounding.
5. Those leaning lay up animation bullsh*t
6. Either remove the signature skills all together to or make more of them so that they actually replicate real life abilities, and in the latter make it so you can buy more slots for sig skills/
7. Make those players who can shoot 3pters actually shoot the damn ball when they are open... fking pisses me off so much.
8. The stamina issue... it's too much, every single game my bigs will get tired with 6min still left to go in the 4th whilst only playing like 30 minutes the whole game and they don't help defensively nor offensively it's ridiculous. People like Noah is capable of playing 48 minutes a night if he had to...
9. The AI always playing perfect defense, whilst everytime you go for a block its a foul.

I feel you on that one. People who score 10 points a game will drop 30 on you and play Tony Allen D on you

Another one is CPU chucking. Right now I'm playing the Spurs. I have 22 points midway through the third shooting 10-14. I should have more but Roy and Rubio have combined for 12 points on 3-13 shooting. The pacing and shot selection is horrible, sometimes the teammate CPU will take a shot 3 seconds into the clock. It's nearly impossible to run through the paint unimpeded even with a screen due to bumping. And the plays get broken too much. But its still a fun game.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #11
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Blocking.

How the hell you cant block a dunk,2K? Why did you think its a good idea?
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:59 AM   #12
NattyPButter
7/11/14 We Witness

NattyPButter has decent reputation

The whole game is a mess. When you try to block with the guy you are controlling he swats 10ins away from the ball like he's playing with 1 eye.

Getting moved out of the way for CPU can score pisses me off. I hate when controlling someone and going for the block I don't jump or I only jump a couple inches off of the ground. You don't have control of the players at all.

The stupid up and unders from the CPU which was suppose to be fixed from last year. It's not as bad but the CPU does it with ease and scores most of the time.

The CPU can shoot off the dribble with anyone and make it most of the time and make 90% of their floaters with PG. If you try any of that it's usually a brick.

MyCareer has freezing issues for a lot of ppl and 2K were suppose to fix with the first patch and it didn't do crap, and the same for the rebounding.

CPU's trade and draft logic is horrible. Why the hell does the CPU think it's needs 7 power forwards? Why would put Chris Paul and Kyrie on the same team? CPU is plain dumb and 2K needs to fix that next year.

injuries don't work...I've seen a total of 1 on court injury since I got the game on release date.

CPU keeps running the same plays over and over and doesn't take advantage of it's post players.

Teammate AI is horrible. When you tell them to play tight they keep wanting to sag off 3pt shooters

I hate how my PF or C goes up into some weird unrealistic animation when doing a lay up.

sig skills feel cheesy and should be removed.

In mycareer I hate when my 6'7 SG is forced to play PF. Or my PG is forced to play SF.

2K never released a 2nd big patch like they normally do. All they like to do is patch in shoes

I don't even want to keep going with this list because I'm positive I can make it huge. All I know is I'm done buying 2K basketball on release date. I'll rent before I buy and hopefully EA makes NBA Live a good game so I can try that instead.
NattyPButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:16 AM   #13
KobesFinger
Laker Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyPButter
The whole game is a mess. When you try to block with the guy you are controlling he swats 10ins away from the ball like he's playing with 1 eye.

Getting moved out of the way for CPU can score pisses me off. I hate when controlling someone and going for the block I don't jump or I only jump a couple inches off of the ground. You don't have control of the players at all.

The stupid up and unders from the CPU which was suppose to be fixed from last year. It's not as bad but the CPU does it with ease and scores most of the time.

The CPU can shoot off the dribble with anyone and make it most of the time and make 90% of their floaters with PG. If you try any of that it's usually a brick.

MyCareer has freezing issues for a lot of ppl and 2K were suppose to fix with the first patch and it didn't do crap, and the same for the rebounding.

CPU's trade and draft logic is horrible. Why the hell does the CPU think it's needs 7 power forwards? Why would put Chris Paul and Kyrie on the same team? CPU is plain dumb and 2K needs to fix that next year.

injuries don't work...I've seen a total of 1 on court injury since I got the game on release date.

CPU keeps running the same plays over and over and doesn't take advantage of it's post players.

Teammate AI is horrible. When you tell them to play tight they keep wanting to sag off 3pt shooters

I hate how my PF or C goes up into some weird unrealistic animation when doing a lay up.

sig skills feel cheesy and should be removed.

In mycareer I hate when my 6'7 SG is forced to play PF. Or my PG is forced to play SF.

2K never released a 2nd big patch like they normally do. All they like to do is patch in shoes

I don't even want to keep going with this list because I'm positive I can make it huge. All I know is I'm done buying 2K basketball on release date. I'll rent before I buy and hopefully EA makes NBA Live a good game so I can try that instead.

Agree on nearly every point except NBA Live and freezing issues as I've never had them. The trade logic goes back as far as 2K11, maybe before. In 2K11 The Heat kept trading Bosh for Dirk, and the Celtics were ridiculously stacked. Their starting 5 was Rondo, Allen, Pierce, Garnett and Shaq. Their bench was Andre Miller, Stephen Jackson, Aaron Brooks, Kevin Love and a rookie. I had to leave the Hornets because the CPU traded away all of the back up guards for forwards. The only guards on the roster were me and CP3 but we had 5 SF and 4 PF.

And finally someone else who notices the fact you have no control over how you contest shots and go for rebounds. I've missed blocks because my guy pulls his hand back for no reason, and missed rebounds because he jumps past them but still looks at the ball
Old 05-28-2013, 08:59 AM   #14
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You young whippersnappers must not remember NBA Live. It's always good to strive for improvement, but NBA 2k isn't bad.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #15
eriX
High School Starter

eriX has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
You young whippersnappers must not remember NBA Live. It's always good to strive for improvement, but NBA 2k isn't bad.

if you don't spot the errors how are they going to improve

except there are many common problems that haven't been solved for like the last 3 games.
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: