Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 08-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #1
Jyap9675
True Point Guard

Jyap9675 has decent reputation
Default can you train to become athletic?

or just like height, its primarily genetics?
Jyap9675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #2
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: can you train to become athletic?

I definitely think athleticism is the result of training, only I believe everyone has a different maximum potential level.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I definitely think athleticism is the result of training, only I believe everyone has a different maximum potential level.

this.

if you do the right things everyone can reach their max potential, but everyone starts and ends off at different points.

I trained hard to be able to dunk, but i know dudes that have never lifted a weight in their life and can do windmills with ease. sometimes it's just genetics.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #4
Pushxx
Pushxx

Pushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
this.

if you do the right things everyone can reach their max potential, but everyone starts and ends off at different points.

I trained hard to be able to dunk, but i know dudes that have never lifted a weight in their life and can do windmills with ease. sometimes it's just genetics.

I couldn't have said it better.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #5
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
this.

True, I think most people have a much higher potential than they think though. Dunking isn't always the best measure of athleticism though. I know guys who are lanky with long arms that can dunk but aren't very athletic. If you compare Jacob Tuckers dunks in last years college dunk contest to some of Dewight Howards dunks in the NBA contest a few years ago I think Tuckers required more athleticism even though Howard got the ball a lot higher.
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:35 AM   #6
franchiez
Decent playground baller

franchiez has an incredible reputation herefranchiez has an incredible reputation herefranchiez has an incredible reputation herefranchiez has an incredible reputation herefranchiez has an incredible reputation herefranchiez has an incredible reputation herefranchiez has an incredible reputation herefranchiez has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Exactly this.

Some are just gifted and have a higher limit/capacity. But you can definitely increase it.
franchiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #7
Jyap9675
True Point Guard

Jyap9675 has decent reputation

okay cool, this is good reaffirmation that some of the weight training I do would not go to waste
Jyap9675 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: