Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 06-22-2006, 01:49 PM   #1
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far
Default Sixers Talkin to GSW and Atlanta

Quote:
Draft Buzz: Sixers to Trade Iverson

June 22nd - Early Morning Update

- Allen Iverson could be traded so the Sixers can acquire another lottery pick. My sources say the Sixers are heavily involved in Iverson trade talks with the Warriors and the Hawks. The deal would almost certainly consist of the lottery pick owned by the Warriors (No. 9) or Hawks (No. 5) and another emerging starter. If the trade is made, the Sixers probably wonít give up their lottery pick (No. 13) and it probably wonít happen prior to the draft. Thatís because Philly needs to re-examine who they will workout in the next few days.

JRichardson and couple of their youngsters would be nice. Plus now that Isiah is in control of NYK being head coach and all, trade Webber for Rose's expiring contract since Thomas has always been all over Webber.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:34 PM   #2
mln03
I airball my layups

mln03 has an OK reputation so far

link?

if true, don't give me baron davis. Give me richardson/murphy & #9. Try to get Randy Foye in draft. Then Ced Simmons.

foye
richardson
iguodala
murphy
dalembert
bench:simmons,webber,korver,hunter,salmons,green,W illiams

....nah, no way that happens. Too good to be true.
mln03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:05 AM   #3
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
My sources say the Sixers
link? also, the workouts are already scheduled, no time to re-examine them.

and i really don't like the idea of dealing iverson. get off webber and sam.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:46 AM   #4
NBAfan32

here's the Link

another rumor is that Philly is willing to move down and get Barbosa and #27 from Phoenix. Damn, all these trade rumors is just making me excited about this draft.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:45 PM   #5
SJellen
I hit open 5-footers

SJellen has an OK reputation so far

if your going to rebuild this might be the draft to do it. sixers would be served better by getting 2 role players and a pick for AI than getting a baron.
SJellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:47 PM   #6
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default ...

Not sold on just getting the role players, cause other than AI, that's all the Sixers are is role players.
Remember when we gave up Barkley for Tim Perry, Dumas, and Hornecek?
Let's not do that again. We need star potential.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:47 PM   #7
mln03
I airball my layups

[quote=mln03]link?

if true, don't give me baron davis. Give me richardson/murphy & #9. Try to get Randy Foye in draft. Then Ced Simmons.

hateraid, what do you think about that scenario? Would that be getting enough in return for an aging superstar?
i know GS probably wouldn't do it because of a Baron/AI backcourt.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:03 AM   #8
NBAfan32

Since there are AI to Boston rumors swirling around what's your thoughts on that? Supposedly, we'd be getting Boozer, the 7th and 14th picks, Utah gets Wally World and Boston gets AI. Boston is suppose to decide whether giving up the 7th or one of their young guards. Cmon Billy King, make this draft exciting for me!!
Old 06-26-2006, 02:45 PM   #9
mln03
I airball my layups

I don't like trading in your own division. you'd need to get something crazy to do that deal. Maybe g. green, kendrick perkins and their pick.

unless they already have a taker for cwebb, why get another 4 (boozer) with a big contract?

Doubt any of this will happen anyway....anytime people talk about trades happening, they hardly ever actually occur.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:18 PM   #10
SixersFan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

SixersFan has an OK reputation so far

Let's just hope that the Sixers don't make a foolish trade, like always and trade for a player/s that they regret in getting. But I do believe that their will be a trade this Wednesday on draft night involving a player besides AI, he is just valuable to the Sixers right now and Billy King stresses his values on winning. As for the draft Cedric Simmons, Shelden Williams, and Shawne Williams would be a great fit for our ball club. For one we need a power forward that can come in and do some dirty work on the defensive end and help Webber out whenever he needs to rest and we lack on that part; just look at our bench Steven Hunter is about it besides the always hurt Micheal Bradley and the benchwarmer Shavlik Randolph who I believe can help us but isn't played very often. We don't need another guard who will never shoot but just stand there and watch AI drop about 30 ppg.; if so Mardy Collins and Maurice Ager could fill the void for our team. This Wednesday and this summer I hope to see the Sixers make major moves and change this whole team around for next year so we can be a playoff contender.
SixersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:54 PM   #11
phillystrong

phillystrong has an OK reputation so far
Default don't forget

Just remember that the sixers are still a franchise in that they care about selling tickets and making money. They aren't giving A.I. for anyone or anybody unless they know they can sell seats. I like Richardson and the #9 pick, to me Atlanta don't have anything to give except the #5 pick, and that won't sell tickets

Last edited by phillystrong : 06-26-2006 at 05:57 PM.
phillystrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:57 PM   #12
cantfindanname

cantfindanname has an OK reputation so far

nah, golden state would never trade jason richardson, not even for iverson. everyone is tradeable on the warriors except j-rich, so i doubt there will be a trade between gsw and the sixers.
cantfindanname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:01 PM   #13
phillystrong

phillystrong has an OK reputation so far
Default disagree

In the owners world you talk ching. A.I. will put more butts in seats then richardson will anyday. Thats why in order to make a deal with philly concerning A.I. you need to talk merchandise. Richardson by himself is not enough, but Richardson, # 9 pick and another might make sniders palms itch
phillystrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:40 PM   #14
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

23jordan23 has an OK reputation so far

Boston would b a dumb fit for A.I him n paul pierce will clash paul wouldnt like the idea of playing 2nd fiddle 2 A.I plus philly wouldnt get much back ....with goldenstate...i dont see the sense why would u guys trade iverson to get a better version of igudala --> j Rich ?and iverson and barron davis on the same team ..wow that wouldnt work either
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:50 PM   #15
Randy450

Randy450 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAfan32
JRichardson and couple of their youngsters would be nice. Plus now that Isiah is in control of NYK being head coach and all, trade Webber for Rose's expiring contract since Thomas has always been all over Webber.

if the sixers could get rid of webber that would be great. he brings their whole team down with hiz sluggish and lazy play.
Randy450 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: