Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Am I reading this wrong or is Peyton going to be released?

Let's go through the facts and see if i'm reading the tea leaves correctly.
-Polian was fired. Peyton's reaction was not positive.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/74...unned-decision
-Peyton is owed $28M in a signing bonus in march.
-Last time colts were drafting a "franchise changing QB" they replaced their GM.
-Irsay (am i getting the names right?) made a point that HE needed to make the decision this time because it was so important. It implied (at least to me) him and Polian were not of the same mind on this decision.
-And what would Polian have supported?

You can't trade Peyton, he gets paid too much to fit under a cap as is. He'd need a brand new from scratch contract.

fudge, he's going to be a redskin. GO DOLPHINS! (Note: Jet fans, don't be mad, but backloading all those contracts has you in cap hell, good luck fitting Peyton underneath your cap.)
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Am I reading this wrong or is Peyton going to be released?

I believe the same thing, that he's played his last as a Colt.

But I think it'll be the Jets. If Manning's going to make a move, I think he'll go to the team closest to the pin. Also think Ryan is going to be desperate. He's going to find himself on a short leash in a hurry.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Depending on how SF does in the playoffs with Smith, maybe he could go out there?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #4
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
I believe the same thing, that he's played his last as a Colt.

But I think it'll be the Jets. If Manning's going to make a move, I think he'll go to the team closest to the pin. Also think Ryan is going to be desperate. He's going to find himself on a short leash in a hurry.
It doesn't work under the cap. He'd have to play for nothing. He's not going to. Plus i don't think, with a bad neck he's going to go play somewhere cold with a bad offensive line. I think Miami, Washington, and SF are more realistic possibilities. Jets would need to move so many contracts that if Peyton got hurt, they'd be done. PERIOD. Their entire window.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Depending on how SF does in the playoffs with Smith, maybe he could go out there?

Tough to cut ties with Smith after the season they've had, regardless what happens in the post season.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was saying this would happen a long time ago in here...he is going to be released

most of the posters in here snickered at me and assumed that the Colts could just trade Peyton for multiple 1st round picks...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #7
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Peyton Manning would have the worst year of his career by far if he played under Schottenheimer's putrid system.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I was saying this would happen a long time ago in here...he is going to be released

most of the posters in here snickered at me and assumed that the Colts could just trade Peyton for multiple 1st round picks...
you are wrong, they agreed with you, they were actually laughing at your Cowboys.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #9
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Tough to cut ties with Smith after the season they've had, regardless what happens in the post season.
How so? they've babied him to death, the whole offense is designed around only certain throws, fantastic protection, an awesome running game. Because they gave him everything a QB needs to succeed, and he did, they need to keep him no matter what?
Old 01-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #10
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
you are wrong, they agreed with you, they were actually laughing at your Cowboys.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=238087

LOLOLOLZZZ

I'm about the only one in that thread with a clue

LOL at GOBB and others with the "I'd trade my whole draft for him"
Old 01-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #11
niko
I Run NY.

His salary cap hit would be $18M if you wanted to trade for him.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #12
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=242109

post #7
Old 01-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #13
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

I think it's a terrible team and PR decision to just release him and let him go wherever. I do not think Irsay is dumb, so this is highly, highly improbable.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #14
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
No one will give you credit, it's not ISH's way. ill toast to your insight on this, if not on picking a team.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #15
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
How so? they've babied him to death, the whole offense is designed around only certain throws, fantastic protection, an awesome running game. Because they gave him everything a QB needs to succeed, and he did, they need to keep him no matter what?

Yes, that's exactly what I said.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: