Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation
Default Bigsmoke's Most Anticipated Hip Hop Albums Of 2012

Top 5

1. Kendrick Lamar-Good Kid In A Mad City

lol you already know. Kendrick Lamar is currently the most promising artist when the 2012 hits. As good as Section.80 was, i really hope K.Dot doesnt try to do something super creative or anything like that and just make this album something like a sequel to what i think is the best album in the last 2 years. I have faith in Lamar is going to continue to drop that fire and rapping over some Just Blaze and Pete Rock beats wouldn't hurt
2.Nas-Life is Good/Lost Tapes 2

My personal favorite rapper. Nas said this isnt going to have a concept like his 2 other album did "hip hop is dead and Nigger" which to me should be a good thing.
3.Jay Electronica- Act II: Patents of Nobility

I know this might never drop but when it does
4.Big K.R.I.T.- Live From The Underground

this should of been released last year but this should be dope. I dont think there are too many out there that as a blend of lyricism and beat making as K.R.I.T. displaced on return of 4eva
5.Fashawn -The Ecology

Fashawn is someone nobody should overlook. This kid is arguable the most underrated and i have high expectation on this shit.
others
T.I. - Trouble Man
Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't
Kool G Rap and Necro - Godfathers
David Banner - The Make Believe Album
Killer Mike and El-P
new Sean Price
New Kid Cudi albums

Last edited by Bigsmoke : 07-30-2012 at 10:14 AM. Reason: need only one "most"
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bigsmoke's Most Most Anticipated Hip Hop Albums Of 2012

damn, your top 5 is basically the same as mine...I probably wouldnt have KRIT in my top 5, but im deff lookin forward to whatever else he puts out..
NastaMaverick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
damn, your top 5 is basically the same as mine...I probably wouldnt have KRIT in my top 5, but im deff lookin forward to whatever else he puts out..

I hope Act II will finally drops. Whats with all the holdups anyway?

Last edited by Bigsmoke : 01-05-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #4
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
I hope Act II will finally come out. Whats with all the holdups anyway?
Jay E is a perfectionist...thats my guess

quality>quantity

as long as he puts it out some time in the near future, ill be ok with waiting a little longer
Old 01-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
Jay E is a perfectionist...thats my guess

quality>quantity

as long as he puts it out some time in the near future, ill be ok with waiting a little longer

i guess.

BTW. Are you a fan of Black Hippy?

Schoolboy Q is going to start off the year with "Habits and Contradictions" dropping January 14

He already gotta track out featuring Kendrick Lamar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9bsJ7oGokg
Old 01-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #6
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No one hyped for Cudi releasing TWO albums this year? Well his biggest fan is STOKED
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #7
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
No one hyped for Cudi releasing TWO albums this year? Well his biggest fan is STOKED

lol Kid Cudi is starting to get repetitive but i'll check those releases out.

"adds Kid Cudi onto list"
Old 01-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #8
NastaMaverick
College superstar

Quote:
i guess.

BTW. Are you a fan of Black Hippy?

Schoolboy Q is going to start off the year with "Habits and Contradictions" dropping January 14

He already gotta track out featuring Kendrick Lamar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9bsJ7oGokg
ya, im familiar...schoolboy q could blow up k.dot style if he plays his cards right...his styles a little more raw though...
Old 01-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #9
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Anyone know when Nas.Com is expected to hit the shelves for release????
I've been salivating over this collabo since I first caught wind of it
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #10
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

nu Wu drop in March.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #11
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

I looking forward to Liquid Swords 2 also isn't a Wu-Block album coming out or has it already????
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #12
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
I looking forward to Liquid Swords 2 also isn't a Wu-Block album coming out or has it already????

Legendary Weapons came out last year.

it was good.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #13
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Legendary Weapons came out last year.

it was good.

yea i have to catch up on my hip hop because i haven't been actively listening over the last decade. There is a lot of good hip hop beneath the surface though
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #14
Saintsfan1992
Good High School Starter

Saintsfan1992 has decent reputation

No Curren$y

Great list tho

Im waitin on that Nas also.
Saintsfan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #15
The Ownage
Local High School Star

The Ownage is considered somewhat coolThe Ownage is considered somewhat coolThe Ownage is considered somewhat cool

Great list OP. I would like to add Freddie Gibbs/Madlib collaboration album, Nipsey Hussle's "South Central State of Mind" and Kendrick Lamar/J. Cole collaboration to it.
The Ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: