Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #31
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Landry Jones staying in school

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Maybe, but it didn't happen. So the way they closed out their respective seasons is unaffected.

What if RGIII had robot wheels on his feet like Rosie on the Jetsons?!?

That's a nice cop out. How many USC games did you watch? Woods was so important that just as Jones used Broyles as a comfort blanket so did Barkley use Woods in the same way. When Woods had some injuries Barkley looked human as well. Both guys relied heavily on their main guys. Should Landry have made a better adjustment when Broyles went down? Yes, he should have, which is why Sooner message boards went crazy the last few games without Broyles and a main reason I thought he should come back and not turn pro. I think Barkley made the right decision to come back as well as he too has some holes to fill. Clearly Landry's numbers with Broyles shows he would have put up big numbers if the all-time leading receptions leader in NCAA history had not gone down. Stills didn't do a good job transition from #2 to a number 1 wideout as well.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #32
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Barkley will be the 1st QB taken next year.. He's a big time player much better then Jones.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #33
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Barkley will be the 1st QB taken next year.. He's a big time player much better then Jones.
Fcking amazing insight...I am now sold on Barkley...finally USC produces an NFL QB worth a shit, wow.
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #34
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
Fcking amazing insight...I am now sold on Barkley...finally USC produces an NFL QB worth a shit, wow.
Which QB has OU produced that has actually proven himself?
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #35
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
he'll go numero uno, right after a National Championship

he would have gone before Barkley this year anyway

Geeze. It's hilarious how predictable you are. Have you already forgotten that you predicted every day how the Sooners would steamroll through the schedule this past season? Only to go from ranked number 1 to unranked and in a crappy bowl game. Lol.

You're just like Skip Bayless in that surely, SURELY, you don't believe everything you say. Because if you do believe everything you say, I'd feel bad for you, my friend.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #36
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Right move I think. He isn't quite ready yet. Plus you get to go back to Oklahoma for a year and play ball there. Can't hate on this decision.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #37
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here

No one had Jones going before Barkley this year and I don't think that will change after next season. USC has pretty much everyone returning (minus Kalil) and will finally be bowl eligible.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:38 AM   #38
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Yes the Vols QB, and no I'm not joking.

If he has a good Junior year he will be a top 5 pick, he is a proto-typical NFL QB, Great size (6'6') and a great arm.

As of right now, he's mocked in the top 5 of next years draft on almost every site.

It's not his fault he was injured and the Vols were garbage last year.

In fact, a few sites have him going #1 overall.

If Tyler Wilson improves on his season this year then he'll be in the QB's taken in the 1st round next year as well. I've seen multiple mocks with him as high as top five and usually in the 10-25 range. There's been some talk now that Barkley and Jones are coming back next year that Wilson could declare this year and sneak into the back end of the first round.

Next year's draft class is going to end up being as strong as everyone thought this one's was going to be, especially if Robert Griffin comes back for his senior year. It could potentially have Barkley, Griffin, Bray, Jones, and Tyler Wilson. All of whom are first round talents. Of course Griffin could come out this year, Bray could stay for his senior year, and it'll just be Barkley, Jones, and Wilson.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:16 AM   #39
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
If Tyler Wilson improves on his season this year then he'll be in the QB's taken in the 1st round next year as well. I've seen multiple mocks with him as high as top five and usually in the 10-25 range. There's been some talk now that Barkley and Jones are coming back next year that Wilson could declare this year and sneak into the back end of the first round.

Next year's draft class is going to end up being as strong as everyone thought this one's was going to be, especially if Robert Griffin comes back for his senior year. It could potentially have Barkley, Griffin, Bray, Jones, and Tyler Wilson. All of whom are first round talents. Of course Griffin could come out this year, Bray could stay for his senior year, and it'll just be Barkley, Jones, and Wilson.

RG3 isn't staying. He said he was declaring for the draft.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #40
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeittothehoop
No one had Jones going before Barkley this year and I don't think that will change after next season. USC has pretty much everyone returning (minus Kalil) and will finally be bowl eligible.
1. Landry was number 2 behind Luck when the season started

2. the Combine can and DOES change draft position

3. you clearly have no idea how much things can change in one college football year

no one had the QBs taken this year going when they did...many mocks are put together by fans like you and me, they aren't put together by actual scouts at the combine.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #41
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Primetime is to OU what northwinds is to white people
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #42
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Primetime is to OU what northwinds is to white people
that would mean he is always right about white people
Old 01-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #43
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
he'll go numero uno, right after a National Championship

he would have gone before Barkley this year anyway

kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #44
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
That's a nice cop out. How many USC games did you watch? Woods was so important that just as Jones used Broyles as a comfort blanket so did Barkley use Woods in the same way. When Woods had some injuries Barkley looked human as well. Both guys relied heavily on their main guys. Should Landry have made a better adjustment when Broyles went down? Yes, he should have, which is why Sooner message boards went crazy the last few games without Broyles and a main reason I thought he should come back and not turn pro. I think Barkley made the right decision to come back as well as he too has some holes to fill. Clearly Landry's numbers with Broyles shows he would have put up big numbers if the all-time leading receptions leader in NCAA history had not gone down. Stills didn't do a good job transition from #2 to a number 1 wideout as well.

Saw USC 5 times (Utah, Arizona State, Notre Dame, Stanford, Oregon). Saw Oklahoma play Florida State, Missouri, Texas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Iowa.

I don't dispute that losing Broyles hurt Jones, or that losing Woods could have hurt Barkley.

But it didn't happen, so it has nothing to do with my original point: that Barkley closed out his season far stronger than Jones did, and that helped to elevate his draft status.

I'm not big into guessing what would happen. Call me crazy, but prefer to deal in reality.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #45
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Saw USC 5 times (Utah, Arizona State, Notre Dame, Stanford, Oregon). Saw Oklahoma play Florida State, Missouri, Texas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Iowa.

I don't dispute that losing Broyles hurt Jones, or that losing Woods could have hurt Barkley.

But it didn't happen, so it has nothing to do with my original point: that Barkley closed out his season far stronger than Jones did, and that helped to elevate his draft status.

I'm not big into guessing what would happen. Call me crazy, but prefer to deal in reality.
reality is that Jones lost his best weapon

and reality is that scouts take losing WRs into account and likely don't give a shit if your team won games or not down the stretch...they just care about the athlete, not the team.

like I said earlier, Sam Bradford didn't even have a season when he went #1 overall
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: