Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
1manfastbreak
B A Y A R E A , C A

Default Raiders to Hire Packers Reggie McKenzie to be GM

http://www.sbreport.net/raider_news/008/7692.html

Raiders will finally have a General Manager, and from his track record a very good one to boot.

Quote:
McKenzie first joined the Green Bay Packers in 1994 as a pro personnel assistant and was promoted to director of pro personnel in 1997. McKenzie’s tenure, Green Bay has captured seven division titles, three conference championships and Super Bowls XXXI and XLV.

this will be really interesting. this guy will have total control of this team and it's roster, which has been Al Davis' job since the 60's. Plus, he was drafted and played with the Raiders. I like this move, Hue Jackson as a coach and GM is just ridiculous.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
jazz873
College star

Default Re: Raiders to Hire Packers Reggie McKenzie to be GM

I am sure you guys will be very happy with him. However i am not a big fan how all these interviews and hiring and everything is going on while the Packers are still in the playoffs.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
I am sure you guys will be very happy with him. However i am not a big fan how all these interviews and hiring and everything is going on while the Packers are still in the playoffs.

That always happens tho. Plus its a front office position which really has no effect on the team and coaching. Doesnt change the daily regime and preperation. If Gb loses it'll be because Aaron Rodgers looked like Alex Smith. Oh snaps!
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #4
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
While understandable, it's not all about the Packers. If a guy's got the chance to move up the ladder he's gotta pursue it.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
jazz873
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
That always happens tho. Plus its a front office position which really has no effect on the team and coaching. Doesnt change the daily regime and preperation. If Gb loses it'll be because Aaron Rodgers looked like Alex Smith. Oh snaps!

This one doesn't bother me too much especially since it doesn't really have any affect on the game but guys like Joe Philbin the offensive coordinator is being interviewed by the Chiefs.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #6
jazz873
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
While understandable, it's not all about the Packers. If a guy's got the chance to move up the ladder he's gotta pursue it.
Yeah i am all for moving up the ladder but can't teams wait until after the season . I know i know they want to fill the positions as soon as possible
Old 01-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #7
1manfastbreak
B A Y A R E A , C A

Quote:

This one doesn't bother me too much especially since it doesn't really have any affect on the game but guys like Joe Philbin the offensive coordinator is being interviewed by the Chiefs.

who knows what "being interviewed" even means though? could be an hour long conversation over the phone for all we know.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:

Oh damn.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
who knows what "being interviewed" even means though? could be an hour long conversation over the phone for all we know.

Doesnt matter, its the fact that a guy who is responsible for gameplanning your offense is being courted elsewhere while the playoffs are among us. Its weird, awkward and doesnt feel right. Why cant the Chiefs wait til after the postseason? I can understand why fans wouldnt like it. I dont have a problem with front office folks. But people who prepare your actual team vs their matchups? You're kind of like what gives? Lets focus on the playoffs and not side distractions.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: