Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #16
Jasi
Quality?

Default Re: Replacements for D'Antoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Shut up.
You're at least on the list.

You already know, you'll be GM when I'm the owner.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #17
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
That's cruel man, but yup, I would definitely have Jeffries on the team.

But he wouldn't play more than 10 minutes, and only when I need two stops.

But seriously, the team needs a no nonsense type coach.

Someone who is bigger than the egos on the team.

Yea but we dont need a disciplinarian. Last thing this team needs is another Larry Brown. We need a coach with good character but low ego. Mark Jackson and Mike Brown fit that mold.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:18 AM   #18
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Doug Collins or JVG?
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:25 AM   #19
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Doug Collins or JVG?
Doug isn't great with vets, and Jeff isn't coming unless Dolan is gone.

Besides, the team would only score 80ppg with Jeff, just like now.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #20
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Doug Collins is also currently the coach of a team thats better than us.

Nothing against Jeff, but Ill pass. I want a up andcoming coaching prospect with a clean slate. Thats the direction the league is going in. Same with GM. Im tired of getting familiar faces or throwing money at the biggest names out there. I want people in here with a burning desire to succeed and something to prove. If we go after Phil Jackson or Jeff Van Gundy,if the going gets tough early,theres a strong chance they will bail. I highly doubt theyll stick around if we dont come out the gate as a contender.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #21
Jasi
Quality?

I want a coach that's good at making the team overperform on D.

I don't care about his name or where he comes from or whatever, I'm tired to see the guys like puppets in our half court.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #22
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Doug Collins is also currently the coach of a team thats better than us.

Nothing against Jeff, but Ill pass. I want a up andcoming coaching prospect with a clean slate. Thats the direction the league is going in. Same with GM. Im tired of getting familiar faces or throwing money at the biggest names out there. I want people in here with a burning desire to succeed and something to prove. If we go after Phil Jackson or Jeff Van Gundy,if the going gets tough early,theres a strong chance they will bail. I highly doubt theyll stick around if we dont come out the gate as a contender.
What does the GM matter? Dolan has final say on all the moves that really matter, and he's an idiot.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:46 AM   #23
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Any time I'm on a coaching list with all time greats like Phil Jackson, KnickCity, and Franchize I'm humbled. Thanks for thinking so highy of me.

Only guy I'm really interested in is Don Newman from San Antonio. Been in San Antonio almost 8 years now and has head coaching experience at the NCAA level. With his time in San Antonio he should be well versed in their defensive principles.

The Knicks may not have great individual defenders but getting a solid defensive system is the first step in playing quality team defense.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:24 AM   #24
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Any time I'm on a coaching list with all time greats like Phil Jackson, KnickCity, and Franchize I'm humbled. Thanks for thinking so highy of me.

Only guy I'm really interested in is Don Newman from San Antonio. Been in San Antonio almost 8 years now and has head coaching experience at the NCAA level. With his time in San Antonio he should be well versed in their defensive principles.

The Knicks may not have great individual defenders but getting a solid defensive system is the first step in playing quality team defense.

What about Pops lead assistant, Mike Budenholzer?

I also wouldn't mind Kelvin Sampson either. Most known for being a college coach banned for calling Eric Gordon, but hes always been a good X's and O's guy who get the best out of his players.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:48 PM   #25
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

i know this aint a popular opinion on here but now isnt the time to get rid of him. the team is obviously better than theyre playing and it looks like theyre starting to get it together. theyre struggling on offense... the only reason dantoni has a job. melo is a big reason for the struggles and after being able to take it to the rim and moving the ball against the nuggets, lets hope he continues to do so. once they start clicking they will look like a totally different team
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:13 AM   #26
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
What about Pops lead assistant, Mike Budenholzer?

I also wouldn't mind Kelvin Sampson either. Most known for being a college coach banned for calling Eric Gordon, but hes always been a good X's and O's guy who get the best out of his players.
Honestly, I think Budenholzer is being groomed to take over the San Antonio job in a few years. Plus, I like Newman's college experience. College coaches use actual systems instead of slapping together a bunch of set plays and calling it an offensive gameplan. Systems can help with a player's decision making because they have to play certain situations within the rules of the sytem.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:32 AM   #27
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Honestly, I think Budenholzer is being groomed to take over the San Antonio job in a few years. Plus, I like Newman's college experience. College coaches use actual systems instead of slapping together a bunch of set plays and calling it an offensive gameplan. Systems can help with a player's decision making because they have to play certain situations within the rules of the sytem.
Nice Post. I agree. When you have a play and a set destination for where the ball should go at all times, guys have less need to improvise; especially when the system works. People often mistakes plays for a system. Plays are one sequence of events where you hope to get the ball in a certain position and achieve a particular shot. The Triangle Offense is a system. The Princeton Offense is a system. Motion Offense is a system. It's almost like your old HS math logic class (bad memories lol ) P if then Q. Theres something for each player to do wherever the ball is on the court.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #28
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Sorry it wasnt Doug Collins it was Hubie Brown I was thinking of....
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #29
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I wouldn't mind Mo Cheeks or Sam Mitchell. Especially Cheeks. He's always done wonders for guards defense. He was one of the best defenders at the pg position there ever was. I think he'd have Lin and especially Shumpert making guards life a living hell.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:38 AM   #30
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I wouldn't mind Mo Cheeks or Sam Mitchell. Especially Cheeks. He's always done wonders for guards defense. He was one of the best defenders at the pg position there ever was. I think he'd have Lin and especially Shumpert making guards life a living hell.

Yeah I'd want Mo Cheeks as well.

Hes played the NBA and dealt with the worst of worst personalities as far as the Jailblazers & post-Finals appearance Iverson. We dont have any guys like that but I think he might be the guy who can get into Amare & Melo's heads and push them as individuals.

If Mo can help teach Lin how to be a better passer at the PG position then thats a major success. Honestly we could use Lin being our own version of Mo Cheeks. Look how Mo did with Irving & Barkley, well lets see Lin work well with Melo & Amare.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: