Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 06-22-2006, 03:09 PM   #16
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Hanging onto AI = stupid

AI still has a lot of value right now, the longer you hang on to him the less he has. Trade him now while you can still get something for him because you aren't going to win a championship with him on your team.
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:10 PM   #17
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

Sixers won't win one without him...
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:15 PM   #18
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPippenRodman
Jason Richardson has supposedly been a rising star since he won the dunk contest. he's overrated. there's more to basketball than #'s and Richardson doesn't seem to care if he wins or loses. he's getting paid.

right now, i'd take joe johnson over richardson.

I take it you have not watched GSW play a single time in the last two years. I lived in the bay area for the past 4 years and I will tell you that JRich is perhaps the most underrated guard in the league. He's stuck on a losing team in a conference full of elite guards. This guy truly has a will to win. The ball just never bounces the Warrior's way.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:18 PM   #19
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
I take it you have not watched GSW play a single time in the last two years. I lived in the bay area for the past 4 years and I will tell you that JRich is perhaps the most underrated guard in the league. He's stuck on a losing team in a conference full of elite guards. This guy truly has a will to win. The ball just never bounces the Warrior's way.
yeah i heard that when they missed the playoffs he had a 2 page add in the news paper saying he was sorry for the horrible season GS had and that he'll do everything he can to get them there next year
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:32 PM   #20
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
i heard somewere (i think pti or sportcenter) that the sixers allready told AI that they werent gonna trade him... heard this a while ago

Plenty of players have been told that and then get traded.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:10 PM   #21
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Davis would either have to be part of the trade package or traded soon after the deal went through, because a Davis/AI backcourt would simply make no sense. You can't pair two guys like that together.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:12 PM   #22
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

This is why Atl has to be the better option than GS. GS lacks

1. Salary Cap room
2. Good players with short term contracts
3. #5 pick
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:49 AM   #23
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

Now another rumors is the Sixers are looking to get Barbosa and #27 from Phoenix and are willing to move down. Sixers seem pretty active so far this offseason. Im just waiting for Billy King to pull a great deal for Philly.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:57 AM   #24
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

plz dont go to warriors. plz. two rumors now. one of them has kg to sacto and the other has iverson to GS. thats a killer division. and im not excited about the fact that lakers are in it

but i wold love to see iverson in atl. that would be sweet
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:22 AM   #25
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
Announcing the 2006-2007 Atlanta Hawks!

PG Allen Iverson
SG Joe Johnson
SF Josh Smith

PF Marvin Williams
C Zaza Pachulia

We are comin for you Miami!

If AI is going to the Hawks, one of those two guys has got to come the other way. Nobody else has the trade value of AI. Doubt it if even those two do.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:48 AM   #26
Him
I airball my layups

Him has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
AI can't be traded..it won't be right. He's a Sixer for life.

Completely agree i hate the thought of AI being traded for crap or even leaving Philly.

All he has done for the team and the city and just coz they think he might be losing it ?

Iverson will be a great player till the day his jersey gets retired and i think philly will be ok next year. They need a decent shooting gaurd and i think with the improvement of Igudola they can be a plyoff team.

Show Iverson some respect he IS one of the greatest players ever and had an amazing year AGAIN and he gives his all every night
Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:30 AM   #27
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Phenith has decent reputationPhenith has decent reputation
Default AI to the Hawks

Something like

Josh Smith

for

AI

Leaving Hawks with

PG - Iverson
SG - Johnson
SF - Williams
PF - Harrington
C - Zaza

And Philly with

PG - Marcus Williams ??
SG - Iggy
SF - Smith
PF - Webber / Cedric Simmons or Sheldon Williams if one slips down to 13
C - Dalembert

They are both nice young team really... Marcus Williams at the point with Josh Smith and Iggy would be fun to watch for years to come.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:09 AM   #28
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Ewww... Hawks or Warriors huh? Well his title hopes are done
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:25 AM   #29
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
If AI is going to the Hawks, one of those two guys has got to come the other way. Nobody else has the trade value of AI. Doubt it if even those two do.

Like I said before I wouldnt trade Josh Smith or Joe Johnson for Iverson straight up because of A.I.'s salary and their youth and potential.

The deal would probably be

#5 and Josh Childress.

Bernie Mullin (Hawks President) has indicated on local radio that we will be picking a big with the #5 more likely Shelden Williams.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:42 AM   #30
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

AI for #5 and Josh Childress

#13 for Barbosa and #27

With #5 Philly can hope that Rudy Gay falls to their lap. If not, draft Marcus Williams.

With #27, they can pick up Boone or Millsap

Now theyd have a lineup of

CT- Samuel Dalembert/Steven Hunter
PF- Chris Webber/Josh Boone
SF- Andre Igoudala/Kyle Korver
SG- Leandro Barbosa/Willie Green
PG- Marcus Williams/Kevin Ollie/Louis Williams

Now that team's gonna suck next year, especially if we can get rid of Webber with the Knicks a possible trading partner. That said, Philly gets a lottery pick for a talent loaded draft next year, maybe even getting a shot at Oden or Noah.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: