Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-06-2012, 11:52 PM   #1
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default My Game Report

So, I just got back from the Knicks vs Wizards game. Had the same hookup I did last year. Great seats, backstage access etc. I really love it because you get to see so many things you don't see on TV. Heres what jumped out at me:

#1 Toney Douglas sucks. I know you're like, "tell us something we don't know" or "we already know how you feel about him". No, my opinion changed. I used to think he was only a bench player.Now, I dont even want him on the team. What I saw today utterly disgusted me. He is scared of having the ball in his hands. Amare and Chandler got rebounds on 3 occassions and he ran up court. Melo was motioning for him to get the ball and he was scared to bring it up court. He HAS to be replaced.He's such a **** up. I dont know what the stats say, but he had 4 TOs in the 1st qtr.

#2 Melo is really good. No, I mean like scary good. Chris Singleton was working his ass off on D. Melo was destroying him and laughing at him. One play, he made a nice defensive stop on Melo and started clapping in Melo's face. John Wall started shaking his head to Melo and said something like "man you bought to kill this dude aint you". I think Melo said something like "You already know" and started laughing. He proceeded to destroy him.

#3 John Wall is one of the fastest players I've ever seen. We'd score and I'd look up at the scoreboard and he'd be down the court laying it up. He's on some Allen Iverson level of speed.

#4 JaVale McGee was manhandling Tyson Chandler down low. Self explanatory.

#5 Iman Shumpert should be our starting pg. Not sg. Point Guard. He harasses and is a good on ball defender.He's so much better than Douglas it's ridiculous. As SOON as he came in the game and played with our starters, we went on a run. AS SOON as Douglas came back, Wall crossed the $h!t outta him and scored. Then, he made a bonehead play, Wall came back and took him to the rack and got an assist. Douglas is a liability. Not only that but Iman is a playmaker. Furthermore, being at the game I got to see how well he communicates with Melo,Stat and especially Chandler. Theyre always talking out there. Douglas is a church mouse. One thing I will say, Shumpert doesnt call out plays loud enough.

#6 Fields is slow. I thought he just wasn't aggresive enough a did many ppl. Being up close I got to see the problem. He's a step slower than everyone. Whenever he wants to drive, guys have time to step in front o he has to back it out or get a charge.

#7 NO WAY is Baron playing anytime soon. I saw him not only walking on the court (limping) but in the Family Lounge after the game. Dude looks like he's in so much pain. He walks EXACTLY how I did when I fractured my hip.

#8 The real reason behind Al Thornton not getting a contract is because of off the court problems. Apparently, he may have a drinking problem

#9 Nick Young is cool as shit. Met him after the game.He probably won't be a Wizard next year. My buddy says everyone calls him JaVale and Blatche the three stoges. He said theres a reason he didnt get any offers more than the Wizards' qualifying offer. Personally,I'd take the risk. He is deadly when hot.

#10 Jorts is a joke. I can't knock his effort, but he's just so non-athletic and talentless lol. Furthermore, he's NOT 6'9" He's about 6'7"

#11 Baron is NOT fat anymore. He looks slim and Jerome Jordan is tall as hell!
Him and JaVale are giants. I met JaVale for the 2nd time and it's uncomfortable because when he shook my hand,his balls were near my shoulder

#12 Our bench is terrible. Mike Bibby is terrified to shoot the ball. He did have a good game tonight tho.

#13 There was 3 times as many Knicks fan as there were Wizards fans there. They booed JaVale at the end when he was shooting game tyong free throws lol

#14 I'm an @$$hole lol. Who started an MVP chant for Melo at an away game? Who screamed "Theres a Bibby sighting" everytime he scored? This guy

#15 Sam Cassell is as ugly as you think he is...but he's going to be a solid head coach some day. Met him for the 2nd time before this game.He has head coach written all over him (as well as ugly).

#16 Our "big 3" on defense: I thought it was bad positioning before but I have to call it like it is... Amare is extremely lazy on D. Melo is an underrated defender now and Tyson Chandler, while overrated and overpaid, is extremely intense. He communicates on every play. I have to say, he's very vocal and that was impressive.Kudos

Last edited by franchize : 01-07-2012 at 12:15 AM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:16 AM   #2
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My Game Report

I lost all my faith in you.

I mean seriously.
You started MVP chant for Melo instead of "Fire D'Antoni" ?
WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU ?

#1 - Agreed.Douglas sucks
#2 - Melo
#3 - If not for his speed he would be out of the league
#4 - I don't really know.Tyson got a lot of offensive rebounds and was aggressive on defense.
#5 - I completely agree. He's much better defender than Douglas and has a better court vision.
#6 - He should be playing backup SF
#7 - NOOOO
#8- Who told you that ?
#9 - Why is he cool ?
#10 - I like Jorts
#11 - Good
#12 - Bibby He was useful for the first time this season.
#13 -
#16 - Melo is good when he's trying.

Last edited by Clutch : 01-07-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:39 AM   #3
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

The matador defense on this team makes Chandler look awful. Its disgusting how Stat doesnt play D and Melo is sometimey.

How did you like Melo's paint scoring low post scoring live?

Fields is not only slow but he's un-athletic. He just cant play in a half court set all game he needs run and gun all the time to be effective or for the occasional spot up 3.

I bet you there was some words said to TD by the team or staff about his play.The dude isnt a PG its not his fault. Scoring punch off the bench.

I hope Shump plays more like a playmaking SG than a straight up PG.

I dont like going to games anymore its similar to football unless you got mid section half court seats. I dont like missing any action.

Last edited by Rameek : 01-07-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Solid observation Franchize, much appreciated.

Was you close enough to the bench to get some observations on that?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Solid observation Franchize, much appreciated.

Were you *

Freaking guy from Europe is correcting your grammar

Just kidding. I know you know grammar better than me. I'm sure it was just a mistake.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'll try and answer as many questions as I can

Quote:

I was actually on the opposite side of the court.

Quote:
I dont like going to games anymore its similar to football unless you got mid section half court seats. I dont like missing any action

I actually had just that. I wasn't court side. I was a few rows up (which is gr8 because the rich snobs always come late and are constantly in and out of their seats.

Quote:
I bet you there was some words said to TD by the team or staff about his play.The dude isnt a PG its not his fault. Scoring punch off the bench.

I don't even think he's that but w/e. I didnt sit by the bench but I did see Meloroll his eyes at him. When Melo came out the game because of foul trouble, Tony did something stupid and Melo made a face, rolled his eyes and started shaking his head lol.

Quote:
How did you like Melo's paint scoring low post scoring live?
That spin move he does is even faster in person. Singleton's own teammates were shaking their heads in amazement. He was literally laughing everytime he scored. It reminded me of Barry Sanders where the defenders would get hyped everytime they tackled him alone because they knew it was few and far between. If McGee wasn't such a good help side defender, he would have had like 45. No lie. My friends was saying that players started feeling bad for Chris Singleton on the bench lol

Quote:
Fields is not only slow but he's un-athletic.
He plays like he went to Standford lol Just like the Lopez twins and Josh Childress. He's very vanilla. I wont say he's unathletic because he didn't hear a whistle one time and tried to dunk it on Rashard. He got up! One thing I will say, he works his ass off. He's always around the ball. He's just too timid on O

Quote:
#10 - I like Jorts

He's like a chicken with his head cut off. Every play Chandler and Shumpert were telling him what he did wrong. Chandler is VERY vocal on the court. I think Chandler is going to get alot of techs this year. He argues every call. I like his intent but sometimes he goes overboard. He argued and out of bounds call for liek 3 possessions. Me n my friend were like alrought already. STFU and play.

Quote:
You started MVP chant for Melo instead of "Fire D'Antoni" ?
WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU ?

That wouldnt have pissed the Wizards fans off. The Melo chant had ppl giving me dirty looks lol.

Quote:
#3 - If not for his speed he would be out of the league

I disagree. He has major game. If his jumper improves,he'll be a top 5 pg. Guaranteed. Problem is, teams clog the lane because he doesnt have confidence in his shot. Even when he does shoot. He's hesitant and aiming it. Mark my words, if he hits his jumpers consistently, he'll be a top 5 pg!

Quote:
#8- Who told you that ?
[quote]#9 - Why is he cool ?
[quote]
Ok so the deal is, one of my friends, like a cousin to me, is best friends with one of the Wizards athletic trainers. So every game, the team gets X amount of tickets for friends and family. They also have a lounge you can chill at (where a lot of the player's family chills before after and during halftime.Food is great. Delicious cookies! ) After the games, we always sit and talk with our friend about the game and basketball in general. I came out and said "I gotta ask you, you saw how bad our bench is, how the hell doesn't Al Thornton have a job?" He said "He can ball. He's really good but I wouldn't be surprised if he's overweight somewhere. I always thought he was an alcoholic secretly. I think he has a drinking problem." My dreams...crushed lol
As for Nick Young. We were standing in the hallway and he was there. He came up to us and just started talking. Cool guy. My friend told him he had a great game and he was very humble.

I had tons of fun. I'm definitely going to try and go to the game on Feb 8th. Im also probably going to go to the games where the Wizards play wack teams. Nobody goes to those games.

O yea p.s. theres a black Wizards cheerleader who has some of the sexiest thighs. Man o man
Old 01-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Good info Franchize.

I can only imagine the "WTF" look on Melo's face towards Toney.

No wonder D'antoni is afraid he may "lose him" by putting him back on the bench.

Also I appreciate the "Al Thornton" piece.

Now I can really call him a "bum", Ned the Wino type.

But seriously, I hope kid gets his life back if that's true.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #8
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dude, we don't give a flying **** about anything here besides how ugly Sam Cassell really is. Now give us pictures and compare, or GTFO!
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #9
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize

O yea p.s. theres a black Wizards cheerleader who has some of the sexiest thighs. Man o man
Pics or it didn't happen.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #10
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Pics or it didn't happen.
Well considering he was coaching in a game they lost, didnt exactly seem like the best time When i saw him it was actually before the game. We were walking to our seats. We were walking damn near on the court while they were warming up.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #11
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

Bibby had a good game tonight
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #12
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wow very nice thread franchize. I missed it somehow but i m glad i have found it now and it's been a damn good read.

I really hope someday i can come to the US and attend a game - possibly at MSG of course
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #13
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

TD once again came into the game in the top of the 4th i believe and we lost our lead, coach had to quickly take him out and then we got our lead back for a short while
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #14
Clutch
Stop flopping

Trade Douglas for a pick.

With the way we're drafting we might get the new Steve Nash

I don't know want to trade him for a pick YET,I'm just kidding.But he seriously regressed this season.
Not only he's not shooting well his defense is much worse than it was.

Same thing with Fields. He was a much better shooter and he was making half of those layups he missed this season.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #15
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Trade Douglas for a pick.

With the way we're drafting we might get the new Steve Nash

I don't know want to trade him for a pick YET,I'm just kidding.But he seriously regressed this season.
Not only he's not shooting well his defense is much worse than it was.

Same thing with Fields. He was a much better shooter and he was making half of those layups he missed this season.

I'd certainly trade him now before he ruins his value. He's already been outplayed and replaced by a rookie who people didn't even want to see drafted as high as he was. I think you trade him for a guard, pick OR package him with Fields for a decent sg. I'd do a Douglas and Fields for Mayo deal in a heartbeat. Remember last year when people said I was crazy? How's that looking now?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: