Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 01-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
Alan
Good High School Starter

Alan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat cool
Default Why aren't there any good Greece players in the NBA?

It just bumped into my head that Greece, as a basketball powerhouse hasn't produced any significant NBA talent. Why is that?

We have good players from Italy, Spain, France, Turkey.. Used to have couple from Lithuania and Russia, plenty of players from the Balkans. All the major basketball countries seem to rely on NBA talent but Greece's team consists of almost entirely of Euroleague players. I know, they have Kosta Koufos in the NBA, but he is far from being good in terms of league avarage.

Let's try to have some non-trolling posts before the Spanoulis hate overflows.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
Luka27
I airball my layups

Luka27 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why aren't there any good Greece players in the NBA?

I think they are much better suited for European basketball, then NBA. I think some of them could play in NBA without problems, but wouldnt have the same role on teams as in Europe and also wouldnt get any more money then they already do.
Luka27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #3
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

They all suck, in fact their best player Spanoulis couldnt average more than 3 points in his prime
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It may be a culture thing, with them not liking leaving Greece? I don't really know.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #5
pegasus
€uroInU$A

pegasus is a pretty well-respected posterpegasus is a pretty well-respected posterpegasus is a pretty well-respected posterpegasus is a pretty well-respected poster

Because they are too Greecy. Ball slips out of their hands in fast-paced NBA games.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #6
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
It may be a culture thing, with them not liking leaving Greece? I don't really know.

Yeah they all seem to be mama boys.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #7
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Not exactly what I meant.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #8
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus
Because they are too Greecy. Ball slips out of their hands in fast-paced NBA games.
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #9
get these NETS
you can't stop me

get these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected poster

everybody hates bob costas, so there is a blackballing of "Greek" players...
get these NETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #10
Rooster
National High School Star

Rooster has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why aren't there any good Greece players in the NBA?q

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.

Its funny VSpan mom was calling Rockets staff to beg for minutes for his son.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #11
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Nash has decent reputation
Default Re: Why aren't there any good Greece players in the NBA?q

G R E E K
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #12
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation here

Kosta Koufos on the Nuggets is actually very good and promising. Still only 22
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #13
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Greek basketball is slow paced and defensive minded.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #14
Jon_Koncak
Great young streetballer

Jon_Koncak is starting to rub some people the wrong way

There isnt any greek player that would go to NBA and have a major impact,i can't think of anyone being a starter,3-4 could be rotation players but chose to become stars in lower competition leagues(Fotsis,Spanoulis,Sofo).Koufos is American btw.
Jon_Koncak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #15
mattvNJ
Local High School Star

mattvNJ has decent reputationmattvNJ has decent reputation

koufos is from ohio.... also euro products have been busts for the most part. I do think they have some talent over there.
mattvNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: