Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-08-2012, 04:08 AM   #1
redrich2000
I brick open layups

redrich2000 has no real reputation yet.
Default Knick games on LP

Does the deal that shifted the MSG channels mean that we will always get the away teams coverage of Knick games on LP? If so are there any reliable HD alternatives?

How does TV coverage work in the US. It seems like nearly all the games on LP is the local home town coverage. Its pretty annoying for the neutral listening to one-sided commentators calling their players by the first names.
redrich2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:19 AM   #2
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Knick games on LP

You always get the home team coverage on LP.

If it's played in New York you'll get MSG coverage. If it's played somewhere else you'll get their coverage (like Detroit one).

It has nothing to do with Time Warner.

I would also like to get MSG every game but it's still better than watching games on shitty streams.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #3
redrich2000
I brick open layups

redrich2000 has no real reputation yet.

I'm sure the most recent home games, maybe the Raptors game had their coverage. Maybe that was just a one off.
redrich2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:10 AM   #4
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrich2000
I'm sure the most recent home games, maybe the Raptors game had their coverage. Maybe that was just a one off.
That's the exception.
Raptors always get their home coverage,no matter where they play.

Maybe that's because they're the only team from Canada and their games are nationally televised (in Canada of course). I don't know.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #5
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I became fond of MSG commentating when I got league pass some years ago. I took them for granted. Get league pass and you'll see how bad the local commentators are for some teams. The Pistons commentator said Jeremy Lin was the 1st player of chinese descent to play in the NBA.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I became fond of MSG commentating when I got league pass some years ago. I took them for granted. Get league pass and you'll see how bad the local commentators are for some teams. The Pistons commentator said Jeremy Lin was the 1st player of chinese descent to play in the NBA.

Yeah most commentators in this league are just plain homers. I had the displeasure of watching a Spurs game with there commentators a few weeks ago. Those were the biggest homers I've ever heard. I remember a Grizzly player drawing a charge on one of the Spurs...clear as day, most obvious charge i've seen, and the Spur commentator went off on how it was a bad call and was practically screaming about it. But then Ginobli FLOPPED HARD 2 minutes later and he's talking about how it was a foul.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #7
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Listening Clyde and Mike Breen is music to my ears.

They are amazing.
Only announcers who can compare with them in my opinion are Marv Albert,Kevin Harlan,Steve Kerr and Jeff Van Gundy.

That's all. Please don't say Hubie Brown. I hate him. He's boring and talks only about stats.
His every sentence starts with "Player X shot (choose a number) % from the field".
Old 01-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #8
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch

They are amazing.
Only announcers who can compare with them in my opinion are Marv Albert,Kevin Harlan,Steve Kerr and Jeff Van Gundy
That's all. Please don't say Hubie Brown. I hate him. He's boring and talks only about stats.
His every sentence starts with "Player X shot (choose a number) % from the field".
I actually like the Nets guys the best. They were best when Ian Eagle and Bill Raftery did the games. I wish we could have Raf and Gus. Thats like a dream team of commentating.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:55 AM   #9
DUP
ambition

DUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

They are amazing.
Only announcers who can compare with them in my opinion are Marv Albert,Kevin Harlan,Steve Kerr and Jeff Van Gundy.

DUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #10
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Free League Pass preview is over Guess I have to stop being cheap

ooooorrrrrrr I can watch it online with my co-worker's password.

decisions decisions
Old 01-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #11
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Free League Pass preview is over Guess I have to stop being cheap

ooooorrrrrrr I can watch it online with my co-worker's password.

decisions decisions
But you and your co-worker can't watch it at the same time.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #12
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
But you and your co-worker can't watch it at the same time.

Oddly enough, she's a Wizards fan. Not sure why she even has league pass. She likes Melo alot too though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: