Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-04-2007, 08:01 PM   #1
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here
Default OT: See "Children of Men"

Damm good flick, below is a 10 minute scene from the flick. However, I must warn that it is a spoiler, but the scene is f-cking a -- the camera even catches blood on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T61ufvuu5_Y
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:08 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This one is getting a bit overrated. A good action/chase movie but nothing much more than that. The sci-fi themes and background story were barely touched upon. It was an interesting idea but it was just left "out there". Good Clive Owen performance and one GREAT filmed action sequence towards to end.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:09 PM   #3
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Great movie, though I was somewhat disappointed in how it ended.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:13 PM   #4
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
This one is getting a bit overrated. A good action/chase movie but nothing much more than that. The sci-fi themes and background story were barely touched upon. It was an interesting idea but it was just left "out there". Good Clive Owen performance and one GREAT filmed action sequence towards to end.

I think it was a lot more realistic then the other sc-fi, and because of that, I don't think it was really sci fi at all. The whole "all women are infertile" part is kinda like a bulb to illustrate the other problems in the society and showed how extremism only leads to more extremism.

It's not your typical sci-fi flick.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:18 PM   #5
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

I agree. I didn't think it was anything exceptional. The action scenes were nice and all, but that was pretty much all I liked about the movie. The ending blows too, as MaxFly mentioned.
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:22 PM   #6
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

hmm i watched this and the illusionist on the same night
i liked the illusionist a tad better ;]
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:03 AM   #7
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

nice gears of war cam
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:14 AM   #8
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

I thought it was quite excellent. Definetly liked the action at the end. Some nicely filmed bits. Clive owen did a good job. I didn't see another way for the movie to end, so I thought the ending was alright.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:51 PM   #9
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:

Yep. Judging by what the critics are saying, you'd expect a 9 or 9.5 out of 10. Claiming it to be one of the best of this year and maybe even the next couple of years. I felt it was more like an 8. Better than just "a good movie" but not really something that's going to be of any significance come the end of the calendar year.

I like open-ended movies, but this one was a bit too open-ended for me.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:06 PM   #10
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

Hmm...I actually just read some stuff that said they didn't do the single take scenes all at once. They supposedly shot a handful of takes and then spliced them together using CGI to mesh the transitions.

If so I think that's even more impressive in a way.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:33 PM   #11
boceltballa
I hit open layups

boceltballa has an OK reputation so far

I just came home from seeing this movie and I loved it! 4 stars (out of four)!

For all you haters or the people who liked some of it but didn't like the ending, I guess you don't understand some of it.

If you haven't seen it yet you probably don't want to read this...

Sure the ending didn't answer the question, "What happens next?" or "How will the world change because of the baby?" It just assumes that the girl made it to the boat. The ending was so quick because it just fit with the pace of the movie. Everything happened so quickly. From the opening scene with the explosion in the Cafe to Julianne Moore's character getting killed (I thought she would've been in it more than she was), the movie was surprisingly simple, smart, and fast.

I was happy to see Clive Owen's character die. I hate movies where the likeable character gets through the impossible. With all those undodgeable bullets flying through the air, he had to die. If he didn't die, I would have been extremely disappointed and probably would have cost the movie a star and a half.

Just a few thoughts...
boceltballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:17 AM   #12
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by boceltballa
For all you haters or the people who liked some of it but didn't like the ending, I guess you don't understand some of it.

I don't think anybody in this thread disliked it (or part of it) because they misunderstood it. It's just the kind of movie where it's open to a lot of interpretation and some people are going to wish that things went a little further in depth. That's exactly how I feel and I understood the movie just fine.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:15 AM   #13
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

I just saw the movie and now I want to kill myself. 4/4 Stars.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:34 AM   #14
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Great movie. Solid political parallels to today's scene, great pacing, great camerawork, good acting, great sound-track.

Cheesy ending sucked though. 'Taciturn hero valiantly fights through mortal wound that he somehow managed to hide the entire time before tragically succumbing to it after seeing his mission through'.

you ever see someone shot in the belly? they don't ****ing walk around with a slight grimace on their face.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:46 AM   #15
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
you ever see someone shot in the belly? they don't ****ing walk around with a slight grimace on their face.

Ever seen someone who knew it was solely up to them to lead the future of the human race to safety? People can do extraordinary things in extraordinary situations.

Of course, I think it was lame too. Just giving some possible reasoning.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: