Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-12-2007, 05:44 AM   #16
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

I think it's quickly becoming one of the most overrated movies of the year...

Having said that, it was good (I wouldn't give it anything lower than a "B"). But, not as good as it is being made out to be. Overrated doesn't always equal "bad", it just means overrated. I can't agree with a bold statement like, "it is the Blade Runner of our time".

Only real highlights of the film, to me, were Clive Owen's superb acting, and the post-war/chaos like settings. The cinematography was outstanding, yes, but it didn't "make" the movie like some would suggest. I don't mind an ambiguous ending, but to add that on top of a shaky plot was pushing it imho. I didn't want "questions to be answered" as much as I wanted there to just be more questions. There's a fine line between being "open for interpretation" and "too open for interpretation".
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:26 PM   #17
Josh
Deity ★ Persona

Here's all you need to know about Children of Men.

Idea & Concept =

Ending Result =
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:58 PM   #18
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
I think it's quickly becoming one of the most overrated movies of the year...

Having said that, it was good (I wouldn't give it anything lower than a "B"). But, not as good as it is being made out to be. Overrated doesn't always equal "bad", it just means overrated. I can't agree with a bold statement like, "it is the Blade Runner of our time".

Only real highlights of the film, to me, were Clive Owen's superb acting, and the post-war/chaos like settings. The cinematography was outstanding, yes, but it didn't "make" the movie like some would suggest. I don't mind an ambiguous ending, but to add that on top of a shaky plot was pushing it imho. I didn't want "questions to be answered" as much as I wanted there to just be more questions. There's a fine line between being "open for interpretation" and "too open for interpretation".

I pretty much agree with everything here.

Technically it was a great film. But it had little depth, wonder or emotional involvement for me. It doesn't come close to other modern sci-fi classics (at least IMO) like Dark City and Minority Report.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: