Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-03-2007, 10:34 PM   #1
j Fresh
Local High School Star

Default not big on politics, but I have a question regarding Bush and Saddam

I was talking over with my pops about Bush and the war, and there was an interesting question... Saddam killed many people because of war right? he killed innocent people by his command, so because of this he got hanged for it . . . . . . . . well isin't Bush doing the EXACT SAME THING over there in Iraq by having our ARMY kill and destroy everything in sight including young and innocent pepople? how many people have died because of his commands? Is this a debated argument because like I said I'm not into politics and I don't follow that stuff . . .
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:11 PM   #2
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

Saddam wasn't hanged because of the people he killed during war. He was hanged because of human rights abuses including genocide. Specifically, he was convicted of the execution of hundreds of thousands of Shi'as that he had executed after the Gulf War.

As for Bush, the death toll is in part Bush's fault, but US soldiers aren't doing most of the killing. Most of the deaths are at the hands of other Iraqis. The two situations are entirely different.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:08 PM   #3
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

well, not as much as you might think. collateral damage is just a nice way of saying oops we killed a few innocent people. muslims are for the large majority crazy people always ready to fight. not saying saddam was right, but what ever saddam did, he had the country under control. now that we 'liberated' it, total anarchy has broken out. bush hated saddam b/c he tried to kill his daddy. war against terror gave him an excuse and halliburton/chene pushed him over the edge. there were no links to al quaida and neither were any wmd's found.

i see only 2 ways out of it. we either high tail it out of there or iraq breaks up into smaller countries based on where the majority of *****e/sunni/kurdish populations reside and that would mean more fighting over oil rich areas. if the latter happens, look for the sunni state to be more of a militant state and look for the us having permanent military bases in the *****e state.

now that the communism is coming to an end, we now have to worry about a radical islamist form of govt.

Last edited by SupermanOnSteroids : 01-04-2007 at 07:21 PM.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:00 PM   #4
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
muslims are for the large majority crazy people always ready to fight.

This simply is not true. The Ottoman Empire, in its last years, had to draft Jews and Christians into the military. At the time, only Muslims were required to join the military, as per Islamic law. Muslims did not want to join the army and therefore avoided identifying themselves as such to the government.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:35 PM   #5
bballer
King of ISH

Fresh Prince!
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:37 PM   #6
NobleDrewAli
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixerFan03
Specifically, he was convicted of the execution of hundreds of thousands of Shi'as that he had executed after the Gulf War.

wrong. he was convicted of orchestrating the killings of 148 shi'a at a village called dujail after shots were fired at his motorcade.
NobleDrewAli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:06 PM   #7
bballer
King of ISH

Sadam Is Dead So Who Cares
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: