Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #1
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Cleveland Browns Draft.

Do you guys anticipate that RG3 will be your quarterback next year? Or do you guys feel like it's inevitable that another team jumps you and takes him?

In that case, who do you feel should be drafted with the 4th overall pick, and the 20 something other 1st rounder you have - any particular guys you shoul target?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Cleveland Browns Draft.

Please don't take RG3
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I want nothing to do with RG3. I'm so completely against taking him that a part of me hopes he stays in school, just to completely rule out the possibility.

It isn't that I feel that Colt McCoy is absolutely our QB of the future, but for me, RGIII is a tremendous risk. He is undersized and he is coming from a Baylor offense that is so gimmicky that it is hard to judge whether or not he can run a pro-style offense.

It isn't that I feel that RGIII will be an absolute bust, either. But, he is a risk and our franchise is in no position to take that kind of risk that high in a draft that we need to produce gamebreakers.

Our two biggest needs are getting playmaking WRs and the right side of the line. So, I want us to use our two first round picks on those two areas.

Justin Blackmon and the best available OLineman at 22 is my dream scenario. If Blackmon is not there, then maybe take the best available O-lineman at 4 (Martin?) and then either Jeffrey or Michael Floyd with our next pick.

Whatever we do, RGIII should not be part of the discussion, imo. Too risky... Way too risky.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Cleveland's uniforms are top 5 in the league.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #5
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

You'd spend a top 5 pick on a non-LT lineman? That's sketchy to me.

Are you opposed of taking Claiborne at 4, and Floyd/Jeffery at 22?
Old 01-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #6
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine

Our defense was actually very good last year. We were in the Top 5 in the league against the pass and Top 10 overall. No, I don't want to take a corner with our first pick.

And no.. I'm not opposed to taking another tackle at 4 if need be. With JT, Steinbach and Mack next year, we would have a chance to have a totally DOMINANT offensive line if we could sure-up our awful right side.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Our defense was actually very good last year. We were in the Top 5 in the league against the pass and Top 10 overall. No, I don't want to take a corner with our first pick.

And no.. I'm not opposed to taking another tackle at 4 if need be. With JT, Steinbach and Mack next year, we would have a chance to have a totally DOMINANT offensive line if we could sure-up our awful right side.

Might as well trade back from 4 to take a OT then since they will play RT. Aquire more picks either in this draft and/or future. Too high to take a RT at 4.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #8
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

There's an easy explanation for that.

I can see us trading down again, if Blackmon is gone. Please, don't take a damn QB with our first pick and give Colt a real chance.

Need another LB, Corner, RDE aswell before I'd like to see us commit a first rounder on a QB.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #9
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

why? you think that a RT is just that much less important? You can never have enough oline depth

it was VERY common for Rob Ryan to play Ware off the right side this year...he played both sides

Clay Mathews is a ROLB

Suggs plays off the right

I loved our pick last draft...Tyron Smith is a f*ckin beast, great pick up
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #10
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

A good RT is nice to have, but the quarterback can at least see the pressure coming, so even if the RT gets beat, he has a much better chance to evade and most importantly avoid a strip sack he doesn't see coming. When's the last time a team spent a top 5 pick on a player they thought would play RT the first half of their career? Because Joe Thomas isn't going anywhere for a long time.

I have a hard time spending a top 5 pick on a RT....Although if Kalil is as good as they say he is, and he's available....it would be enticing if the team thought he was just a can't miss, next Walter Jones who can pass block AND run block at an extremely high level type talent.

I'd much rather see them address this issue with their following picks, not the 4th overall.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #11
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisk
There's an easy explanation for that.

I can see us trading down again, if Blackmon is gone. Please, don't take a damn QB with our first pick and give Colt a real chance.

Need another LB, Corner, RDE aswell before I'd like to see us commit a first rounder on a QB.
Colt is awful
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #12
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
Colt is awful

Oh come on. How can this guy make a throw when with every 3-, and 5 step drop he turns around, there's 3 guys in his face, ready to destroy him?
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #13
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
A good RT is nice to have, but the quarterback can at least see the pressure coming, so even if the RT gets beat, he has a much better chance to evade and most importantly avoid a strip sack he doesn't see coming. When's the last time a team spent a top 5 pick on a player they thought would play RT the first half of their career? Because Joe Thomas isn't going anywhere for a long time.

I have a hard time spending a top 5 pick on a RT....Although if Kalil is as good as they say he is, and he's available....it would be enticing if the team thought he was just a can't miss, next Walter Jones who can pass block AND run block at an extremely high level type talent.

I'd much rather see them address this issue with their following picks, not the 4th overall.
Robert Gallery was taken #2 overall...played all RT

Tyron Smith taken #9 overall

oher taken #24

those are just the ones that acme to mind...I'm sure I could dig up plenty of others.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #14
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

aside from this tackle debate I would like to say that I think the browns should take RGIII if he is there...

I never thought Colt had NFL potential in college, despite his numbers you could see a very obvious difference between him and Sam

RBA you think he is too risky?...YOU'RE THE BROWNS!!!...GO FOR IT!!!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #15
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Oher wasn't drafted with the thought of playing RT for the majority of his career. That's just not true. He plays there now because he struggled over there before.

I think RBA is hoping for another shitty season so they can get Barkley next year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: