Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 05-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default College Football close to adopting 4-team playoff

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7...bcs-gets-right

Quote:

One will play Four and Two will play Three. Are you listening? The four highest-ranked teams have a chance! That's a 100 percent improvement on what we have now, which is dog meat!

No more Auburns (12-0, ranked third, 2004) getting robbed! No more Cincinnatis and TCUs (both 12-0 in 2009, third- and fourth-ranked) getting double-shafted! No more USCs (12-1 in 2003, third-ranked, with five first-round draft picks) getting reamed!

Scheduling: The dumbest thing college football did in the past 10 years was give away New Year's Day. We take it back with January Joy. The semifinals will be played on Jan. 1 -- no matter what day of the week it is.
The championship game will be played exactly seven days later, because we don't want our student-athletes to miss any more of the classes they never were going to anyway. (Remember lies like that they used to tell us?)

So it's on like ComicCon! Please expect ratings of about 40. And billions more corporate dollars every year from companies wanting to be part of the fun. Will they give it to the athletes? One revolution at a time!

Venues: Some people think No. 1 and No. 2 should get to host the semifinals in the bowls they're attached to now. So if the top-ranked team is from the Big 12, the Fiesta Bowl will hold one. If the top-ranked team is from the SEC, the Sugar Bowl will get one. If the ACC is No. 1, then the ... nah, just kidding.

Of course, that idea is completely moronic.

The most unfair part of the BCS bowls is that they're never north. They're always in the SPF 50 towns. It's unfair to teams like Ohio State and Notre Dame, teams that are built for the snow and the wind and the 4-yard nose-bending gain, to always have to go south to win titles. So we fix that right now.

Therefore, 1 and 2 will play at their home stadiums in the semis.

The championship game will be played in a bowl that will rotate between the Rose, Sugar, Fiesta, Orange and Cotton, unless one of the four teams is from a tied-in conference, in which case it'll take its turn the next season.

You're going, "Oh, no! What about our beloved Mega Dollars Bowl and all our neat-o blazers?" And I say, "Play it! It just won't mean anything, like 34 out of 35 bowl games now."

Teams: Who picks the Finally Four? By the end of the summer, the Twelve Good Men will decide whether to use the current BCS formula, a revised one, or a selection committee.

The selection committee is a bad idea on the order of the AMC Pacer. We'll simply use the same BCS formula we've been using, with one exception: No more computers. Do you really want the same machine that gave you the Love Virus picking your college football champion?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...s-a-start.html
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board
Default Re: College Football close to adopting 4-team playoff

I like it. I wonder if each playoff game is going to be sponsored by a different company? Surely, something like that.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #3
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I really don't like the idea of the semi-finals on New Years Day, I think it would be more appropriate if the losers of the semi-finals were slotted into a BCS bowl.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:29 PM   #4
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this board

So basically, SEC Team, SEC Team, Big 12 Team, Big10/Pac 12 Team
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:13 AM   #5
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Cowboy Thunder has not been impressing people

I guess there is solace in Oklahoma State being ripped the hell off last year. We fixed the system, to an axtent.
Cowboy Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: