Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-27-2012, 12:26 AM   #181
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Cleveland Browns Draft.

And think about this, the Falcons gave up soo many picks to the Browns to get a WR, if the browns have to give up a few picks to get a potential franchise QB, then it's still a good trade for them.

I'd feel more comfortable trading the 4th, 22nd and next year's 3rd rounder for the 2nd pick, rather than this years third rounder.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:34 AM   #182
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
I agree about a few things, I really like Griffin, personally I don't know if I would trade 22nd and a 3rd to move up, but I wouldn't have any problem if it had to be done to get him.

sometimes franchises just need to make a move when it comes tot he QB position, QB is a big risk, but let's face it, the Browns have been looking for their franchise guy for a LONG time, and when you see a potential guy, you gotta do what you gotta do to get him.

And like you, I trust Holmgren, he's a good talent evaluator.
The biggest thing that worries me is that the Browns have been searching for so long for our franchise guy, as you alluded to, the organization makes a decision on a guy that maybe not everyone is sold on just because it 'feels' like we should do it. The fans and media in Cleveland are literally falling all over themselves for Griffin. They can't hide their collective massive erection.

This city can be a pressure-cooker for coaches and GMs, because there is such a massive, all-encompassing focus on the Browns above all other franchises. As good as Kyrie Irving has been thus far, the top story every day is still about the Browns on every sports television and radio show in and around the city.

I hope that Heckert and Holmgren are not pushed into doing something that they may not be 100 percent sure about just to appease the masses. I don't think they will... They have been around long enough to deal with situations like this, I think... But the buzz is near deafening right now... And I'm feeling a bit tentative about the whole thing.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:36 AM   #183
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
And think about this, the Falcons gave up soo many picks to the Browns to get a WR, if the browns have to give up a few picks to get a potential franchise QB, then it's still a good trade for them.

I'd feel more comfortable trading the 4th, 22nd and next year's 3rd rounder for the 2nd pick, rather than this years third rounder.
You have to remember, though... The Falcons were going from 22 to 6. The Browns would be going from 4 to 2.

That Falcons' leap was massive. St. Louis could still get whoever they are targeting with their 2nd pick at 4. The Browns basically slid down a couple of tiers in their talent pool.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:59 AM   #184
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

At this point I'm hoping he's a Brown just for ISH amusement
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:45 AM   #185
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Then, there is always the chance that Griffin doesn't get taken by Washington

Zero chance...

Quote:
Redskins sources tell NBC Philadelphia's Howard Eskin Washington is prepared to offer the Rams their first through third round picks and "at least" their first-round pick next season to move up to select Baylor QB Robert Griffin III.

RGIII will be the 2nd pick. What team selects him? Unknown. No chance he's sliding to #4. His combine solidfied that.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #186
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Holy shit, so they're willing to give up their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and a 1st next year?

That is amazing. Rams should milk that and get an extra pick.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #187
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Howard Eskin. Can't stand that clown.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #188
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

via Rotoworld:

Browns 'uninterested' in RG3 trade with Rams?

Quote:
According to John Czarnecki of FOX Sports, the Rams have been getting "weird, uninterested signals" from the Browns on the possibility of trading up two spots for Baylor's Robert Griffin III.
In an indictment of the Browns' coaching staff, Czarnecki says they remain "confused on what to do with RGIII." Griffin is coming off a dominant Combine, exceeding height expectations, exploding with Vick-like speed, and putting on the most impressive news conference display ESPN's John Clayton has seen in 24 years in Indy. While there's little doubt that Griffin will go at No. 2 overall, we've now seen several reports in two days suggesting the Browns won't be nearly as aggressive as the Redskins. We've also seen at least a handful of national reports warning not to rule out a "mystery" team in the RGIII sweepstakes.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #189
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That's a lot to give up but for the Skins, we have more cap room than most teams and we can fill our needs with a lot of FA options at the WR and CB. OL too. I heard a couple rumblings around this area about the Skins keeping an eye on Matt Forte too but you know how the local media rumbles about everyone.

Straight up, I wanna outbid CLE. Griffin is one of a kind with his combo of Olympic caliber athletics, law school level mind, military roots discipline and his great deep ball accuracy.

Haven't wanted a player to be drafted for the Skins THIS BAD since Sean Taylor. It's been too long since we have had a leader like that and genuine face of the franchise.

I think RBA is thinking in a scared manner not to want and invest in a man and specimen like RG, and I don't mean Rockets Greatness. Colt McCoy was always a lukewarm NFL prospect. I'm usually against giving away 3 or 4 high round picks but this is a QB and a whole new beast to defend at that and gameplan for at that.

Trade with your buddy Fisher Shanahan and outsweeten what Holmgren is willing to do.

Last edited by ROCSteady : 02-27-2012 at 12:11 PM.
ROCSteady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #190
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Remember with all these tweets and 'insider source', this is the NFL where rumors exist regardless.

Now were dealing with strategic smokescreens from very bright football minds and executives in relation to the draft and tens of million dollar investment athletes
ROCSteady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #191
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Browns pretending to not be interested in RGIII.

No one is a fool
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #192
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Them being reported as uninterested just makes them seem more interested.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #193
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No one is happier about RG3's combine than the Rams

I would also like to just announce in here that I would personally rather have RG3 than Luck, and I think he will have a better career than Luck in the NFL.

LET IT BE KNOWN

Griffin is like Vick, only accurate throwing

he is like Vick in 2010...not Falcon Vick

I don't think he has Vick's instinct when running though, but that isn't a biggie...passing comes first
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #194
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

So... let me get this straight... Eskin is saying that Washington will give up at least their first round pick (6th overall), second round pick (39th overall), third round pick (70th overall) and their first round pick next year?! For one prospect?!

And people got on my case for saying that the Browns would have to sell the farm to get him?

Simply put, if the Redskins are willing to give up all of that, they can have him and I'll wish them the best. Is this Eskin guy credible?

I can guarantee you that Mike Holmgren will not even ponder trying to compete with a deal like that.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #195
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
So... let me get this straight... Eskin is saying that Washington will give up at least their first round pick (6th overall), second round pick (39th overall), third round pick (70th overall) and their first round pick next year?! For one prospect?!

And people got on my case for saying that the Browns would have to sell the farm to get him?

Simply put, if the Redskins are willing to give up all of that, they can have him and I'll wish them the best. Is this Eskin guy credible?

I can guarantee you that Mike Holmgren will not even ponder trying to compete with a deal like that.
Only thing I know about Eskin is that he's guest hosted the Dan Patrick show a few times and he annoys me, not sure if he's very credible.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: