Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #16
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Default Re: Cleveland Browns Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Oher wasn't drafted with the thought of playing RT for the majority of his career. That's just not true. He plays there now because he struggled over there before.

I think RBA is hoping for another shitty season so they can get Barkley next year.
RBA if that is true then shame shame shame

IMO the risk on another pretty boy USC QB is much greater than RGIII

give me Griffen over Barkley
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #17
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

in 2009 the Rams drafted Jason Smith #2 overall...he played RT in college...plays RT for them now
Old 01-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #18
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

The NFL is a game of risks. Matt Barkley could easily be nothing without Robert Woods. Landry Jones has struggled without Ryan Broyles and could be nothing without him for all we know.

RG3 has world class speed, and while he doesn't have a big frame, I'm willing to take the risk of getting him and not an offensive lineman until later or getting a decent one in free agency.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #19
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

I think they should bring in a new QB..whether it is RG3 with their 1st pick, Matt Flynn via free agency or maybe a QB in the 2nd.

I would definitely draft a WR with the 2nd 1st round pick..someone like Floyd or Jeffrey would be nice.

Outside of that their main needs are OL,LB,CB,DE.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #20
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Rams drafted him in hopes that he would move to LT in a year or two.

That hasn't happened. That pick hasn't worked out for them thus far.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Robert Gallery was taken #2 overall...played all RT

Tyron Smith taken #9 overall

oher taken #24

those are just the ones that acme to mind...I'm sure I could dig up plenty of others.

None of those players were taken to play RT. They were taken to be the LT of the franchise. Why are you even arguing this?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #22
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

I'm not exactly sure where Gallery was drafted to be, I seem to remember something other than LT though because of his short arms.

I could be wrong. It's the Raiders though, they don't count when it comes to drafting logic.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:20 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I'm not exactly sure where Gallery was drafted to be, I seem to remember something other than LT though because of his short arms.

I could be wrong. It's the Raiders though, they don't count when it comes to drafting logic.

Nah he definately was drafted to be the future LT for the Raiders.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #24
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
None of those players were taken to play RT. They were taken to be the LT of the franchise. Why are you even arguing this?
not sure on Gallery but Tyron Smith WAS drafted to play RT...He played RT at USC and was drafted to stay that way

Doug Free was just given a huge contract and was awesome at LT
Old 01-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #25
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
not sure on Gallery but Tyron Smith WAS drafted to play RT...He played RT at USC and was drafted to stay that way

Doug Free was just given a huge contract and was awesome at LT

He was drafted to be the LT for the future. He's playing RT for now. Dallas resigned Free for now so Smith can get used to the NFL because he wasnt a NFL ready to start at LT player. Its perfect for him to get his feet wet at RT and eventually move to LT. Free was signed for 4yrs. You see him there all 4? You see Smith at RT for years to come?

Most of the top tier Tackles taken high in the draft are done so with the expectation and hope they are the LT of the future. Teams do not draft a tackle high to play RT permanantly.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:54 PM   #26
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
He was drafted to be the LT for the future. He's playing RT for now. Dallas resigned Free for now so Smith can get used to the NFL because he wasnt a NFL ready to start at LT player. Its perfect for him to get his feet wet at RT and eventually move to LT. Free was signed for 4yrs. You see him there all 4? You see Smith at RT for years to come?

Most of the top tier Tackles taken high in the draft are done so with the expectation and hope they are the LT of the future. Teams do not draft a tackle high to play RT permanantly.
the hope is that Doug Free would become a franchise probowl LT...that is fact, he played like a probowl LT before getting that contract, only giving up like 2 sacks that year.

Tyron played RT in college, and was drafted to play RT in in the present...I am sure they thought the possiblity of him playing LT in the future was there, but it wasn't a must or the absolute reason he was drafted...we needed another tackle, he was there.

I know drafting for a RT high is rare, but it isn't as though RT is not important...RT is very important
Old 01-09-2012, 12:04 AM   #27
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Every starting position in the NFL is important. Nobody said RT is not important.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:05 AM   #28
SCY
Put yr guns up

I agree CB isn't a huge need, but saying the Browns had a good defense this year isn't really genuine. They didn't play against a great offense all year, just 4 games against teams in the Top 15 in scoring offense (San Fran, Houston, Baltimore x2). They were terrible against the run, and teams could simply run the whole game as Cleveland's inept offense didn't force opponents to put a lot of points on the board.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:22 AM   #29
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
the hope is that Doug Free would become a franchise probowl LT...that is fact, he played like a probowl LT before getting that contract, only giving up like 2 sacks that year.

Tyron played RT in college, and was drafted to play RT in in the present...I am sure they thought the possiblity of him playing LT in the future was there, but it wasn't a must or the absolute reason he was drafted...we needed another tackle, he was there.

I know drafting for a RT high is rare, but it isn't as though RT is not important...RT is very important

Pull up articles on that please.

Who said RT wasnt important?

The fact you cant even pull up a list of teams who drafted a OT at the top of a draft to be their starting RT just proves my point. Ontop of the fact you even admit drafting for a RT high is rare. So what are you arguing about now?

No one said Browns shouldnt take a OT
No one said RT wasnt an important position
Old 01-09-2012, 12:31 AM   #30
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Colt has too many concussion issues. I'd be looking to replace him now with a freak of nature QB. If RGIII measures at 6'2'' 220, I don't see how you don't take him.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: