Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #46
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Cleveland Browns Draft.

You're not concerned about the character issues when it comes to Floyd?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #47
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Blackmon would be perfect for the Browns, take Blackmon

Already looks legit in orange

But seriously, they should
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #48
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
it means what you knew it meant...and no offense was intended

Browns franchise hasn't had any success of any sort in a long long time...I mean fck it, might as well take risks on players with ridiculous upside like Griffen.
Because we haven't had much success in the past decade is exactly the reason why I don't want to throw caution to the wind and gamble with this pick. We have built a nice foundation of young guys defensively. If we can get the offense on the same page, this team could go places. A risky prospect like RG3 could derail the progress we've made on the other side of the ball and set us back another 10 years if he doesn't pan out.

Not willing to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Ugh, RG3 has the best gamebreaker skillset probably of anybody in the draft.
RG3 is more intelligent than anybody on your roster that matters and more dynamic too.

I feel you're wrong but I hope Cleveland is thinking like you because I want him in burgundy and gold. You were wrong about another Baylor product too that went to Cleveland- Mr. Phil Taylor. You're wrong here as well but wish you were the GM for the Browns this April

I honestly do not care about how fast a quarterback is, especially not when he looks like he is about 175 pounds soaken wet. Hey, he might be a gamebreaker and he may turn out to be an All-Pro quarterback. He is too large of a risk, though, for this franchise to take. If he is drafted by the 'Skins, I would hope nothing but the best for him. He seems like a good guy.

I haven't said a single time in any of these discussions that I thought he was a sure-fire bust. I have only said that I think he is a huge risk and that this franchise can't afford to levy its future on a risky QB prospect... Especially not that high in the draft and especially not when there are elite players that could fill even greater needs in our offense.

Oh, and I wasn't "wrong" about Taylor. On draft day, we initially had the 5th pick in the draft. All of the prospects that I had researched were guys that could possibly be taken in that area. When we traded all the way down to the mid-20s, I was out of my depth and didn't have a grasp on the best players available in that part of the draft order.

I had never heard of Phil Taylor because I had no reason to research prospects that were set to go that late in Round 1.

After doing my due diligence, I came on here a couple of days later and admitted that I loved the trade and loved the pick.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #49
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Oh, ok. I just remember you being really pissed at the selection on draft day. I was too, because again, wanted him for NT in the Skins 3-4.

Btw, I'm not just talking about Griffin's Olympic caliber sprinting and hurdling. I also mean the guy who had the most accurate deep ball in college football this season. The guy who made play after play in whatever situation they needed WITH HIS ARM. The guy who completed almost 75% of his passes. The guy who had a touchdown to INT ratio of better than 6 to 1 with no standout NFL talent.

Just pass him along, buddy
Old 01-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #50
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Oh, ok. I just remember you being really pissed at the selection on draft day. I was too, because again, wanted him for NT in the Skins 3-4.

Btw, I'm not just talking about Griffin's Olympic caliber sprinting and hurdling. I also mean the guy who had the most accurate deep ball in college football this season. The guy who made play after play in whatever situation they needed WITH HIS ARM. The guy who completed almost 75% of his passes. The guy who had a touchdown to INT ratio of better than 6 to 1 with no standout NFL talent.

RGIII will be gone before then. I pray on it everynight.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #51
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

He is obviously a talented guy. I would never take that away from him. I do, however, have concerns about how he would do in running a pro-style offense or, even worse, the kind of pure WCO that our current regime in Cleveland is trying to install.

Baylor was a fun team to watch. They had NFL caliber players at all of the skill positions offensively and, with Griffin chucking it around, I can see why people fell in love with this prospect.

But, that Baylor offense was also about as gimmicky as you can get. It is just very hard to predict how a guy coming from that kind of offense in college is going to translate on the next level. I just don't know.

Throw in his height and small frame and that makes him too risky for a franchise like the Browns who have missed on enough risky prospects high in the draft.

I have virtually no doubts about Kalil and Blackmon (the two guys I really want). If those guys are already gone by the No. 4 spot? I hope we can find a suitor for a trade.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #52
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yeah, Griffin has great accuracy...he might be viewed too much as rushing QB

I know i'm in the minority on this but I would actually rather have RGIII than Luck, I think he will be better
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #53
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
He is obviously a talented guy. I would never take that away from him. I do, however, have concerns about how he would do in running a pro-style offense or, even worse, the kind of pure WCO that our current regime in Cleveland is trying to install.

Baylor was a fun team to watch. They had NFL caliber players at all of the skill positions offensively and, with Griffin chucking it around, I can see why people fell in love with this prospect.

But, that Baylor offense was also about as gimmicky as you can get. It is just very hard to predict how a guy coming from that kind of offense in college is going to translate on the next level. I just don't know.

Throw in his height and small frame and that makes him too risky for a franchise like the Browns who have missed on enough risky prospects high in the draft.

I have virtually no doubts about Kalil and Blackmon (the two guys I really want). If those guys are already gone by the No. 4 spot? I hope we can find a suitor for a trade.
he is 6'2"...220 lbs

bigger than Colt
Old 01-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #54
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Blackmon played in a gimmicky offense as well. So did Colt. I won't hold the offense against RGIII because of his freakish accuracy. He's the most accurate passer in the draft.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #55
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

No offense to Browns fans, but How in the heck does a draft thread for the Cleveland Browns have four pages while we're still in the middle of the playoffs?
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #56
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
RGIII will be gone before then. I pray on it everynight.

I agree, Griffin won't make it to the 6th pick...

That's why Shanahan and Allen are gunna

I've had somewhat of a man crush on RG3 since like Week 2 of the NFL Season and before he has been slated to the Redskins on mock drafts. It's destiny holmes. Sweet retribution for Vick shredding us last season on Primetime and those years when our front 7 couldn't contain a mobile Donovan McNabb. Get ready, Freddy
Old 01-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #57
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
No offense to Browns fans, but How in the heck does a draft thread for the Cleveland Browns have four pages while we're still in the middle of the playoffs?

Because this board cares more about their future and well-being than it does for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers future and well-being

Jus playin man!
Old 01-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #58
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Griffin is the same size as Romo...and Aaron Rodgers

and has a bigger frame than Eli...who is 6'4"...218 lbs
Old 01-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #59
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Oh, and about this part...

Quote:
The guy who had a touchdown to INT ratio of better than 6 to 1 with no standout NFL talent.

Wide receiver Kendall Wright is also projected to go mid-first round in the draft. He is a stud wideout.

Running back Terrance Ganaway will also be drafted... Just a matter of where.

It is pretty rare for a college team to have three future NFL players at QB/WR/RB, especially for a team like Baylor.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #60
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Because this board cares more about their future and well-being than it does for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers future and well-being

Jus playin man!

Lol. That's definitely true even though you're playing. There's more Browns fans here than Bucs fans. But, still. It's the Browns. I'd be saying the same thing if there was a 2-page thread on the Bucs at this point.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: