Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 12-15-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Default Clippers Big 3 in the 90s

http://ballislife.com/the-clippers-b...arper-manning/

Stanley Roberts looked like a beast back then before all the drug problems, Mark Jackson, Ron Harper, and Danny Manning were running and gunning and were one of the most exciting trios back then.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
NugzHeat3
Local High School Star

Default Re: Clippers Big 3 in the 90s

Cool write up and video. Thanks.

Not a Clipps fan obviously but I watch a lot of 90s games and I liked the early 90s Clipps (1992 and 1993 specifically) from the few games I have seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcSvf01pdio
^Full game 1993 Rockets vs Clippers game 5 of the 1st round. I saw this on a NBA TV a few years ago and I still remember it to be a great game.

IIRC, Rockets were up double digits early in the 4th but Clipps came back with their pressure defense and forced turnovers. Rockets had trouble getting the ball to Hakeem and he was swarmed everytime he did get it. They eventually won on a Vernon Maxwell three.

The entire series was pretty good. Larry Brown actually made some adjustments for once like putting Manning on Hakeem when Roberts got in foul trouble and pressuring the Rockets guards since their ball handling was weak and they didn't break a press very well. Harper had a good series being match up vs Garland and Jackson did his usual thing.

Danny Manning didn't pan out but he was still pretty good when healthy. Talented and versatile but a little streaky.

Jackson could pass and post guys up. Threw out a shimmy here and there.

Also, can't forget about Roberts. He was a big dude. Shaq said he was the strongest guy he faced. They had a nice partnership at LSU. He had some decent post moves and could score when established position. His only problem was foul trouble.
NugzHeat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
NugzHeat3
Local High School Star

Default Re: Clippers Big 3 in the 90s

Just came across an ending of a Clippers vs Blazers game from the opening night of the 1993-94 season.

Clippers win on a Mark Aguirre three at the buzzer set up by Jackson drawing a few defenders in the paint and kicking it out to the perimeter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-piJvUZYUr8
NugzHeat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: