Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 12-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here
Default How do orlando get the players to please Howard?

So with the assets we have how are we going to swing a deal for Howard's list of players?
Anyone got ideas for guys like Josh Smith, Monta Ellis or Igudala trades?
As much as i hate Josh Smith it would be cool having him with Dwight and Big baby seeing as their all childhood friends.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
Hedo15
I airball my layups

Hedo15 has decent reputationHedo15 has decent reputation
Default Re: How do orlando get the players to please Howard?

I think we're best to go after Josh Smith out of those 3. Igudala is in the middle of a 6 yr $80 million dollar contract and if Hedo is staying (who I think Dwight likes) then we'll have 2 SF. Monta would be great but the Warriors are pretty set at the PG/SG position as are the Hawks. Our only chance is maybe they would see Jameer as an upgrade over Heinrich and Ryan Anderson as compensation for Smith. Not sure where we sit on the draft picks side of things but I dont think we have many and maybe some cash concessions. Then send Reddick somewhere and get a 3rd team involved to pass it on to the Hawks. Probably wishful thinking though. Still leaves us thin on the SG side. Maybe have to look at Michael Redd as a free agent depending on how he is feeling, no talk suggests its not too good. Just throwing up ideas.

Last edited by Hedo15 : 12-13-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Hedo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

I want Smith too even though i hate him as a person. Could maybe make a run at OJ Mayo with Anderson and Reddick and hope he shines in the right place.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:24 AM   #4
Hedo15
I airball my layups

What is stopping us from talking Deron Williams into coming to Orlando instead of Dwight going to NJersey?
Old 12-15-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

need to try to make a move for iggy though i doubt we have the assets to get at him or j smooth, the hawks are loaded with forwards like marvin smith, jsmooth and tmac. oj mayo may be another realistic option though i wonder what the grizz are asking for him nowadays.
i'd love to make a run at steve nash
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #6
Nelson14
Another All Star Year

Nelson14 has a near all-star reputation hereNelson14 has a near all-star reputation hereNelson14 has a near all-star reputation hereNelson14 has a near all-star reputation hereNelson14 has a near all-star reputation hereNelson14 has a near all-star reputation here

we should try to move nelson, ryan anderson, jj and our rookies if possible
Nelson14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:10 AM   #7
jebron-i
I hit open layups

jebron-i has decent reputationjebron-i has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedo15
What is stopping us from talking Deron Williams into coming to Orlando instead of Dwight going to NJersey?

i dont think deron is willing to take a paycut and the magic dont have anything that nj wants
jebron-i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:39 AM   #8
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ellis might be moved if that sexual harrasmant thing happens
Old 12-22-2011, 07:54 PM   #9
outbreak
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
ellis might be moved if that sexual harrasmant thing happens

True let's hope it's a fire sale and they take Reddick and Anderson for him lol. I don't get why Van Gundy wasn't playing the rookies or Orton much in our pre-season games. Give them minutes, hope they look good and they could become trade bait to help improve us
Old 12-24-2011, 12:13 PM   #10
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak
True let's hope it's a fire sale and they take Reddick and Anderson for him lol. I don't get why Van Gundy wasn't playing the rookies or Orton much in our pre-season games. Give them minutes, hope they look good and they could become trade bait to help improve us
from what i watched of orton in the d league last season, i can already tell orton is not our answer at backup C
Old 01-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #11
Hedo15
I airball my layups

Does anyone think Howard is actually staying? Or do we all think he is already gone?
Old 01-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #12
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

i'm hoping against hope that he stays
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: