Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #16
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: PC Gaming

I feel like I'm so outdated, even though I feel comfortable with the knowledge I have now as a PC person or average user of it. Maybe it's the creation and the building of it I need to continue to grow upon, sooner or later I will do just that. When the money is just right I can experiment, everyone here has been really helpful and I'm really generous, I thank all of you for your time.

To keep this thread going. How many of you guys game using keyboard mouse? I think it's really frustrating coming from a console gamer, is there a controller most of you guys play on or what.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #17
cuad
kings fan

cuad has decent reputation

You can use a game pad with a computer. Mouse + Keyboard is just better for FPS, though.
cuad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:36 PM   #18
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The only game that I had a really hard time using keyboard+mouse was Dead Space for PC. I think I remember that they just made it really awkward in terms of which keys you could bind.

There's a lot of PC games that come with support for a 360 controller right away. The Witcher 2 was one example. The 360 one seems to be the easiest to use on PC.

There's some games that I could never imagine playing with a controller like Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Skyrim, The Witcher 2 and I even prefer the Mass Effect series on PC with keyboard/mouse. But then there's a beast like Arkham City that I wouldn't even watch to touch on a keyboard/mouse setup.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:53 AM   #19
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Hey, if you ever decide to build a gaming PC, here's a decent guide I used to build mine last summer.

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/...uide/Guide.png

You'll probably have to save up over the next few months but you don't need to spend $1,000 or anything. You could build a good gaming PC for $600-700.

And yeah, I use a mouse for Skyrim, New Vegas, and BF3. But I might try Skyrim out with a controller.
Joshumitsu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:24 AM   #20
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
The only game that I had a really hard time using keyboard+mouse was Dead Space for PC. I think I remember that they just made it really awkward in terms of which keys you could bind.

There's a lot of PC games that come with support for a 360 controller right away. The Witcher 2 was one example. The 360 one seems to be the easiest to use on PC.

There's some games that I could never imagine playing with a controller like Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Skyrim, The Witcher 2 and I even prefer the Mass Effect series on PC with keyboard/mouse. But then there's a beast like Arkham City that I wouldn't even watch to touch on a keyboard/mouse setup.
I play most everything with a 360 controller, except New Vegas since I have mods installed that use keyboard shortcuts. I play my PC on my TV though, so i'm sitting on the couch, which makes using a keyboard and mouse slightly difficult.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #21
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Will be getting the new counterstrike for pc.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #22
burnsy87
Local High School Star

burnsy87 is considered somewhat coolburnsy87 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
I feel like I'm so outdated, even though I feel comfortable with the knowledge I have now as a PC person or average user of it. Maybe it's the creation and the building of it I need to continue to grow upon, sooner or later I will do just that. When the money is just right I can experiment, everyone here has been really helpful and I'm really generous, I thank all of you for your time.

To keep this thread going. How many of you guys game using keyboard mouse? I think it's really frustrating coming from a console gamer, is there a controller most of you guys play on or what.

If you use a controller to play games like MW3 of BF3, you will get absolutely annihilated.

Reaction time and accuracy takes a huge step UP when you use keyboard and mouse. You run into far better competition on PC as well. I have a few friends who tried to make the jump from 360 to PC and they were annoyed about not being as good anymore.
burnsy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #23
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think you'll have problems with just a regular mouse and keyboard these days.

I know I'm playing with a G13 and a Naga; makes a big difference.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #24
burnsy87
Local High School Star

burnsy87 is considered somewhat coolburnsy87 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I think you'll have problems with just a regular mouse and keyboard these days.

I know I'm playing with a G13 and a Naga; makes a big difference.

Mouse and keyboard are much easier than a controller. More precise movements.

Anyone who "has trouble" using a mouse and keyboard, probably cant type 10 words per minute.
burnsy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #25
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Once you get used to it, a gaming pad is far superior in every way.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #26
1rkrage
Eyyy Sexy Lady

1rkrage has decent reputation

eh I had an Ideazon Fang. Tried to get used to it but meh. Keyboard is fine imo. especially with games that require you to type every so often.

Last edited by 1rkrage : 03-17-2012 at 09:28 AM.
1rkrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #27
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Once you get used to it, a gaming pad is far superior in every way.

You can't even play real games with gaming pad.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #28
ashlar
High school junior varsity star

ashlar is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Gaming pad superior to keyboard and mice? Maybe for fighting games but who the hell plus fighting games on pc?
ashlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #29
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlar
Gaming pad superior to keyboard and mice? Maybe for fighting games but who the hell plus fighting games on pc?

For every game. I'm guessing you guys don't know what I'm talking about even though I listed the exact products.

Fucking noob-ass keyboard turners talking shit.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:47 AM   #30
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.ageofwushu.com/

Coming soon to a PC near you.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: