Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #16
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,832
Default Re: Trade Rumor (with no Link)

IF it was guaranteed that we would immediately ship Gasol to a contender for picks/young players, then yes I would do this trade. Otherwise, no thanks, this deal makes no sense. This would be another of BC's "quick fixes" of trying to crawl into a playoff spot and be competitive while losing all focus of rebuilding. Not to mention Gasol's contract is terrible.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:27 AM   #17
BoogieWoogieMan
BTE Prophet
 
BoogieWoogieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chillin in the BTE
Posts: 11,932
Default Re: Trade Rumor (with no Link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
What about...
Calderon and Bargnani to LA
Pau to Houston
Lowry, (Budinger or Parsons) and picks to Toronto.

Finally we agree with something. This was what I was going to bring up, however I don't see Houston parting ways with Lowry, nor do I think the salaries will match up. Might have to take a large contract back as well.

Last edited by BoogieWoogieMan : 01-12-2012 at 12:49 AM.
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #18
bluerap
Local High School Star
 
bluerap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,031
Default Re: Trade Rumor (with no Link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
What about...
Calderon and Bargnani to LA
Pau to Houston
Lowry, (Budinger or Parsons) and picks to Toronto.

not enough salary leaving houston under cba.
would have to include martin to make it work.

I'd want a first rounder from both teams and Jordan Hill.

We can then trade Martin to another team at the deadline.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:56 AM   #19
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman
 
Dr.Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,929
Default Re: Trade Rumor (with no Link)

Something like this I think might work.

To LA Lakers
Jose Calderon
Andrea Bargnani

To Toronto
Kyle Lowry
Chase Budinger or Chandler Parsons
Mehmet Okur
Picks

To Houston
Pau Gasol

To New Jersey
Kevin Martin



I chose Jersey because Martin gives them either a sizeable contract to use in a deal for Dwight Howard or if they choose to do a deal for D12 with Brook Lopez it gives them a nice third option to put on the wing for Howard and Deron.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #20
bluerap
Local High School Star
 
bluerap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,031
Default Re: Trade Rumor (with no Link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Something like this I think might work.

To LA Lakers
Jose Calderon
Andrea Bargnani

To Toronto
Kyle Lowry
Chase Budinger or Chandler Parsons
Mehmet Okur
Picks

To Houston
Pau Gasol

To New Jersey
Kevin Martin



I chose Jersey because Martin gives them either a sizeable contract to use in a deal for Dwight Howard or if they choose to do a deal for D12 with Brook Lopez it gives them a nice third option to put on the wing for Howard and Deron.

doesn't make any sense for us. why would we rather have okur than martin?
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #21
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman
 
Dr.Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,929
Default Re: Trade Rumor (with no Link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
doesn't make any sense for us. why would we rather have okur than martin?


Expiring contract.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #22
el gringos
Great college starter
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,504
Default Re: Trade Rumor (with no Link)

Crazy crazy- no to pau gasol but you want kyle lowrey? Hahahaha, I hope for bargnanis sake that he gets traded for amare or pau- from the raptors side I wouldn't take either deal, but since you are so convinved that you are bad and that its your best players fault I hope he gets moved
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #23
FCardelle
High School JV MVP
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 678
Default Re: Trade Rumor (with no Link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Crazy crazy- no to pau gasol but you want kyle lowrey? Hahahaha, I hope for bargnanis sake that he gets traded for amare or pau- from the raptors side I wouldn't take either deal, but since you are so convinved that you are bad and that its your best players fault I hope he gets moved
Of course a Nuggets fan like you knows how to rebuild
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #24
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot
 
Qwyjibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,790
Default Re: Trade Rumor (with no Link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Expiring contract.
Exactly. Then you throw max deals at Russell Westrbook and Deron Williams. Unlikely that either one would choose the Raptors but hey, it's worth a shot. At the very least you force OKC to match an offer sheet.

Westbrook is my new offseason pipedream for the Raptors.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #25
Prodigy
Diaw Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: VanCity
Posts: 1,789
Default Re: Trade Rumor (with no Link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Exactly. Then you throw max deals at Russell Westrbook and Deron Williams. Unlikely that either one would choose the Raptors but hey, it's worth a shot. At the very least you force OKC to match an offer sheet.

Westbrook is my new offseason pipedream for the Raptors.

Hell freaking no please.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #26
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot
 
Qwyjibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,790
Default Re: Trade Rumor (with no Link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
Hell freaking no please.
I had a feeling I might get a reaction like that from someone here.

Westbrook definitely has one main flaw that gets magnified sometimes. He's a crappy shooter, no other way to put it. But he gets to the line a lot, is a good playmaker, and a good defensive player where, at least to me, he's overall a very productive player. I wouldn't want Westbrook as the best player on my team but I hope the draft (or maybe even Valanciunas) fills that hole. Westbrook as your 2nd best? I'll take that.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #27
T-Low
College superstar
 
T-Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,661
Default Re: Trade Rumor (with no Link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I had a feeling I might get a reaction like that from someone here.

Westbrook definitely has one main flaw that gets magnified sometimes. He's a crappy shooter, no other way to put it. But he gets to the line a lot, is a good playmaker, and a good defensive player where, at least to me, he's overall a very productive player. I wouldn't want Westbrook as the best player on my team but I hope the draft (or maybe even Valanciunas) fills that hole. Westbrook as your 2nd best? I'll take that.

The thing is, you can work on your shot. But Westbrook is like Bosh. He is a good player but cannot lead a team into/far into the playoffs...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #28
bluerap
Local High School Star
 
bluerap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,031
Default Re: Trade Rumor (with no Link)

I have a feeling westbrook will be traded.

He is not a max player imo but as far as the raps are concerned it may be worth taking the risk (what other fa can we land at fair value?).

I bet westbrook thinks he would be better off without the shadow of durrant. He is wrong but maybe he'll get a chance to find out.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #29
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot
 
Qwyjibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,790
Default Re: Trade Rumor (with no Link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
The thing is, you can work on your shot. But Westbrook is like Bosh. He is a good player but cannot lead a team into/far into the playoffs...
I agree. I wouldn't want Westbrook as the team's best player if I want the team to be great. I hope the draft takes care of that. But in terms of signing high-profile free agents, this is the type of player the Raptors should realistically target. He's young, just starting his prime and productive. And even with all that, OKC probably matches IF Westbrook even signs an offer sheet.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #30
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!
 
Chamberlain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cape Breton Island
Posts: 4,242
Default Re: Trade Rumor (with no Link)

*imagines a starting line-up of Westbrook, DeRozan, Barnes, Bargnani and Valanciunas*


Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy