Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2007, 12:21 AM   #136
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman
 
LiL Stevie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,897
Default

What a win, what a game. Dallas showing composure, lots of fight, being down 11 at the half, then coming in the 2nd half and only letting the Spurs score 34 points in the 2nd half. Unbelievable how this team is turning up the defense in the crunch time.

Dirk Nowitzki

Dude definitely turns it up for Spurs games, especially on the road. Now this series, this rivalry is getting good. Mavericks showing they can win games in San Antonio and San Antonio can win games in Dallas.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:28 AM   #137
kentatm
NBA Legend
 
kentatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 17,469
Default .....

Quote:
2 seasons ago Tmacsonegoodeye was saying that Michael Finley was a better player than Dirk! Can you believe that? Insanity.. the dude must be a racist..

yea, he was totally serious about that.

This was an important game for the Mavs to win. A few years ago, they lose this game and it ends up being the difference in the SW division.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:29 AM   #138
Howard5Dirk41
Banned
 
Howard5Dirk41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: aka Nowitzki41MFFL
Posts: 1,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
yea, he was totally serious about that.

This was an important game for the Mavs to win. A few years ago, they lose this game and it ends up being the difference in the SW division.


But I believe this game was even more important for the Spurs, which makes this Maverick victory so impressive.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:46 AM   #139
icemanfan
Local High School Star
 
icemanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
But I believe this game was even more important for the Spurs, which makes this Maverick victory so impressive.
Honestly no. I wish it was. The Spurs just seem to sleep walk through a decent portion of the regular season. I don't know why. Come playoff time they know how to turn it up. Its a looooooooong season. Not even the all-star break yet. Looking foreword to the playoffs. Lets hope both our teams maintain focus and end up playing each other. IF and that is a BIG IF the Mavs make a return to the championship I only hope they don't choke again and embarress their fans and the entire state. If they played the Heat with even 3/4 of the focus and effort the always put forth when playing the Spurs they would have won their first ring last year.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:55 AM   #140
kentatm
NBA Legend
 
kentatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 17,469
Default

Quote:
If they played the Heat with even 3/4 of the focus and effort the always put forth when playing the Spurs they would have won their first ring last year.

sad but true
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:57 AM   #141
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman
 
mavsfan4zindagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
Co-sign. Lakers will end it.

No.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:34 AM   #142
Howard5Dirk41
Banned
 
Howard5Dirk41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: aka Nowitzki41MFFL
Posts: 1,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
sad but true
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:43 AM   #143
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman
 
mavsfan4zindagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfan
Honestly no. I wish it was. The Spurs just seem to sleep walk through a decent portion of the regular season. I don't know why. Come playoff time they know how to turn it up. Its a looooooooong season. Not even the all-star break yet. Looking foreword to the playoffs. Lets hope both our teams maintain focus and end up playing each other. IF and that is a BIG IF the Mavs make a return to the championship I only hope they don't choke again and embarress their fans and the entire state. If they played the Heat with even 3/4 of the focus and effort the always put forth when playing the Spurs they would have won their first ring last year.

After the Minnesota loss, Tim Duncan openly said that they had to win tonights game.

Spurs fans might not want to believe it, but the team felt that it was a very important game.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:03 AM   #144
icemanfan
Local High School Star
 
icemanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
After the Minnesota loss, Tim Duncan openly said that they had to win tonights game.

Spurs fans might not want to believe it, but the team felt that it was a very important game.
I am Sure TIM was serious. He doesn't turn Horry's batteries on. You have to have the whole team on the same page. That is ok. think what ever you want. Please take the Spurs lightly. See if you can convince the entire city of Dallas to do the same. We have no interest in your respect at all. Come in all cocky. Please think your the best, untouchable. Call into radio and TV shows and tell them how much better you believe the Mavs are than the Spurs. I need my guys motivated. BTW Elson did not play. Did you watch Elson play against Dirk? Dig up the tapes see how it looks to you. On second thought please don't. I don't want any edge to go to Dallas. Bad enough having Avery as their coach. How much do you think having one of Pop's point guards and pupils by your head coach? As always look foreword to our next meeting. Please sleep on the Spurs.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:38 AM   #145
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman
 
mavsfan4zindagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfan
I am Sure TIM was serious. He doesn't turn Horry's batteries on. You have to have the whole team on the same page. That is ok. think what ever you want. Please take the Spurs lightly. See if you can convince the entire city of Dallas to do the same. We have no interest in your respect at all. Come in all cocky. Please think your the best, untouchable. Call into radio and TV shows and tell them how much better you believe the Mavs are than the Spurs. I need my guys motivated. BTW Elson did not play. Did you watch Elson play against Dirk? Dig up the tapes see how it looks to you. On second thought please don't. I don't want any edge to go to Dallas. Bad enough having Avery as their coach. How much do you think having one of Pop's point guards and pupils by your head coach? As always look foreword to our next meeting. Please sleep on the Spurs.

Good god you are bitter. I guess this is how Spurs fans react when their team faces adversity. Where in that comment did I say anything about disrespecting or underestimating the Spurs?

You're just reaching for something right now. You're trying to rationalize why the Mavs are beating the Spurs right now and I guess you can justify it by calling it "coasting" or whatever. Thats fine. Whatever helps you get to sleep.

No one is underestimating anything. Even Avery said after that this game won't mean anything by the end of the season, so I really don't get what you're refering to. I'm happy we've beaten the Spurs under some tough conditions, but I'm not throwing any parties. Its a long season and I understand that.

But go ahead, keep reaching. Everyone underestimates the Spurs. We're all looking past them. Belive that. After all, you need something to draw hope on right?
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:41 AM   #146
FabCasablancas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
yea, he was totally serious about that.

This was an important game for the Mavs to win. A few years ago, they lose this game and it ends up being the difference in the SW division.

He was serious. He would actualyl try to argue that.. he would get irrate if you said Dirk was better thhan Finley.. that's crazy.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:56 AM   #147
Silent Mav
Local High School Star
 
Silent Mav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Old Folks Home
Posts: 1,639
Default

Oberto tonight scored more than Elson did the first game. 2nd game Elson scored 2 points and Dirk scored 31. Oberto scored 14 the second game. So you really are reaching off the first game. Dirk still went for 21 and 11 the first game. Don't make it sound like Elson would've been the difference tonight. And please keep up your consescending tone which started in the playoffs last year. Like you are entitled to be the best team in Texas. And how a former Spur is the Mavs coach. Especially since you have a former Mav stinking right now. It makes it that much sweeter.

I for one do not take the Spurs lightly. We all know that games in January mean nothing and they will be there come playoff time. But all this bitter crap you are throwing out right now is really unbecoming.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:59 AM   #148
icemanfan
Local High School Star
 
icemanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
Good god you are bitter. I guess this is how Spurs fans react when their team faces adversity. Where in that comment did I say anything about disrespecting or underestimating the Spurs?

You're just reaching for something right now. You're trying to rationalize why the Mavs are beating the Spurs right now and I guess you can justify it by calling it "coasting" or whatever. Thats fine. Whatever helps you get to sleep.

No one is underestimating anything. Even Avery said after that this game won't mean anything by the end of the season, so I really don't get what you're refering to. I'm happy we've beaten the Spurs under some tough conditions, but I'm not throwing any parties. Its a long season and I understand that.

But go ahead, keep reaching. Everyone underestimates the Spurs. We're all looking past them. Belive that. After all, you need something to draw hope on right?


Having been a follower of this team since 75/76 season I was just speaking of of eperience. It is possible that you as a Mav fan know more about the habbits of the Spurs than I do. Personaly I could not tell you how the Mavs play during or after the season except the clearly cared more about beating the Spurs than winning a championship. In that respect I guess they feel pretty damn good right now. The only thing that counts is who wins the last game of season. Once you understand that it apparently gives you a whole different perspective on the season. I honestly wish the Spurs did not have this stupid attitude.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:01 AM   #149
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman
 
mavsfan4zindagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
Oberto tonight scored more than Elson did the first game. 2nd game Elson scored 2 points and Dirk scored 31. Oberto scored 14 the second game. So you really are reaching off the first game. Dirk still went for 21 and 11 the first game. Don't make it sound like Elson would've been the difference tonight. And please keep up your consescending tone which started in the playoffs last year. Like you are entitled to be the best team in Texas. And how a former Spur is the Mavs coach. Especially since you have a former Mav stinking right now. It makes it that much sweeter.

I for one do not take the Spurs lightly. We all know that games in January mean nothing and they will be there come playoff time. But all this bitter crap you are throwing out right now is really unbecoming.

Co-sign.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:07 AM   #150
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman
 
mavsfan4zindagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfan
Having been a follower of this team since 75/76 season I was just speaking of of eperience. It is possible that you as a Mav fan know more about the habbits of the Spurs than I do. Personaly I could not tell you how the Mavs play during or after the season except the clearly cared more about beating the Spurs than winning a championship. In that respect I guess they feel pretty damn good right now. The only thing that counts is who wins the last game of season. Once you understand that it apparently gives you a whole different perspective on the season. I honestly wish the Spurs did not have this stupid attitude.

If thats the case, then why go on rambling about what Fransisco Elson is gonna do to Dirk and whatever. If its such a long season, then why make such bitter comments?

The Mavs CLEARY cared more about beating the Spurs then winning the championship? Guess it was a mistake for them to keep playing after that series since they CLEARY didn't care as much anymore.

Silent is right, you feel like the Spurs are entitled to be the best team in the state and its really showing right now.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy