Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #1
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Anonymous Jets players rip Sanchez, want Peyton

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1004395

I'll cut it down to the quotes.

Quote:
The consensus among players who spoke to the Daily News was that, at the very least, the Jets must sign a legitimate veteran backup to push their young quarterback.

“We have to bring in another quarterback that will make him work at practice,” said one player. “He’s lazy and content because he knows he’s not going to be benched.”

Quote:
His inconsistent play has teammates wondering if the Jets can upgrade. Several players and members of the organization were asked if the Jets should make a play for Peyton Manning if the Colts, who are expected to select Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck with the No. 1 pick in the draft, release him.

“Come on. That’s a no-brainer,” a Jets source said. “If you have a chance to get a healthy 36-year-old Peyton Manning and you don’t do it, then you’re stupid. If I could get a healthy 36-year-old Peyton Manning, then, hell yeah, I would trade Sanchez.”

Quote:
Sanchez’s teammates didn’t hesitate when asked if the Jets should pursue Manning if he is medically cleared after his recent neck surgeries. They believed that the presence of consultant Tom Moore, who was Manning’s offensive coordinator and mentor during their decade-long run together in Indianapolis, would be a bonus to lure Manning to New York.

“We already have his coach — Tom Moore,” one well-respected player said. “Plus, he’s a field general and will get everyone lined up. He will get his playmakers the ball. We can win a Super Bowl with Peyton.”

But can the Jets hoist the Lombardi Trophy with Sanchez?

“How can we when he’s not improving at all?” one of Sanchez’s teammates said. “He thinks he is, but he’s not. He has shown us what he’s capable of.”

Quote:
“At one point, he was looking at the (pass) rush and wasn’t seeing the receivers,” a team source said. “I think that’s a lack of confidence in what we’re doing. I think that's a lack of confidence in how we’re protecting him... When you get hit the way that he got hit, there were some quarterbacks that wouldn’t have made it through the season.”

Some of Sanchez’s teammates thought it was unfair to pin a lost season all on their young quarterback.

“Everybody got down on the quarterback,” a Jets source said. “But they weren’t looking at the situations we were putting him in. I don’t think he’s as bad as people are making him out to be. When the ---- started snowballing and he lost confidence, he never recovered. Then, you saw him making one stupid throw and one stupid mistake after another.”

The complex game plans didn't help matters, according to several people. Sanchez had difficulty absorbing the weekly wrinkles and changes, teammates said.

“So many games, he looked defeated before he ever took the field,” a team source said. “He didn’t have much confidence in what he was about to go do. You could tell throughout the week in practice. He never felt comfortable with some of the things we were doing. It was too much for him.”

Quote:
A couple weeks ago, Sanchez dismissed a report that he was being coddled. His teammates disagreed.

“They don’t want to be truthful with him,” one prominent player said of the way that the organization has handled Sanchez. “They treat him like a baby instead of a man. He goes in a hole when someone tells him the truth.”

A Jets spokesman declined to make Sanchez available for this story. A source close to the team pointed out that Sanchez’s inability to handle mounting criticism prompted him to unfollow every Jets beat writer on Twitter earlier this season.

“So that should tell you everything,” the source said. “He just doesn’t have the mental toughness to be great... especially in New York.”

Some in the organization told The News that many of Sanchez’s teammates have grown resentful for myriad reasons.

“They see the organization babying him,” said a Jets source. “They see him with a sense of entitlement. He’s been given all this and hasn’t done anything. They call him ‘San-chise.’ They make him the face of the organization. They gave him the captain tag. He’s not a captain. He should have never been a captain.”

I think Sanchez basically sucks, but Jesus Christ, what kind of punk ass teammate says that kind of stuff? At least let them print your name Santonio.

Last edited by InspiredLebowski : 01-11-2012 at 09:52 AM.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Anonymous Jets players rip Sanchez, want Peyton

Santonio has led the mutiny lol
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #3
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Which NY newspapers are reliable?
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #4
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Like I've been saying for two years now, SANCHEZ SUCKS
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #5
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Which NY newspapers are reliable?
NY Times, USA Today, NY Daily News, The Onion, NY Post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Like I've been saying for two years now, SANCHEZ SUCKS
He isnt the best but he has been better than most of the draft class. I mean there were 13 QB's selected in that draft and the only one who has been better is Stafford.

I really dont think he's the Franchise QB at this point but I think this year he will actually have a QB coach. 4th year is the breaking point though.

Last edited by Rameek : 01-11-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
NY Times, USA Today, NY Daily News, The Onion, NY Post.

He isnt the best but he has been better than most of the draft class. I mean there were 13 QB's selected in that draft and the only one who has been better is Stafford.

I really dont think he's the Franchise QB at this point but I think this year he will actually have a QB coach. 4th year is the breaking point though.

He was the 5th overall pick... I hope he's better then 13 other QB's in that draft. Not to mention he was babied and had a great supporting cast for his first 2 seasons..
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #7
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
He was the 5th overall pick... I hope he's better then 13 other QB's in that draft. Not to mention he was babied and had a great supporting cast for his first 2 seasons..
I've been hearing this crap for a week about being babied what the hell does that mean? How was he babied?

What does a supporting cast have to do with anything? He had solid players around him. A great oline for 2 years. Does that mean he is suppose to be great right out the shoot? He started 1 year at USC.

I dont think he is the QB of the future for my own reasons but most people criticize in generalities are pretty lame.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #8
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What makes the Jets think they are in play for Peyton if he's healthy? Let's go through some things.

-He's played his whole career indoors, and his neck is messed up and he's old. He wants to come to a cold weather stadium?
-The Jets have been openly disrespectful toward the Giants. He wants to come to Eli's city, to overshadow him with the enemy team? Remember, his main advisors are his brother and his father and Eli.
-The Jets were in shambles at the end of the year. Players are throwing each other, the coaches, and their QB under the bus. Rex came off like a buffoon.
-The Jets weren't exactly that great toward Indy the two years they made runs. Remember Peyton? "I play, i don't talk."

The Jets, their fans, talk like Peyton no brainer would accept them. It's just a matter of getting him. I find that hilarious. Keep dreaming.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #9
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

3 years is a decent amount of time to make a decision I think...in today's NFL if a QB hasn't shown much in 3 years, rookie or not, they are gone...

Tony Romo (16)

Tony Romo (10) / Drew Bledsoe (6)

Drew Bledsoe (16)

Vinny Testaverde (15) / Drew Henson (1)

Quincy Carter (16)

Chad Hutchinson (9) / Quincy Carter (7)

Quincy Carter (8) / Anthony Wright (3) / Ryan Leaf (3) / Clint Stoerner (2)

Troy Aikman (11) / Randall Cunningham (3) / Anthony Wright (2)

^^^ QBs in Dallas from Aikman's last year to Romo

there isn't a single one that started a full 2 years

Sanchez has had 3 years now...time to look for something else
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #10
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Cowboys are not the model of how to do things right sorry.

Most QB's has a 4 year window though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
3 years is a decent amount of time to make a decision I think...in today's NFL if a QB hasn't shown much in 3 years, rookie or not, they are gone...

Tony Romo (16)

Tony Romo (10) / Drew Bledsoe (6)

Drew Bledsoe (16)

Vinny Testaverde (15) / Drew Henson (1)

Quincy Carter (16)

Chad Hutchinson (9) / Quincy Carter (7)

Quincy Carter (8) / Anthony Wright (3) / Ryan Leaf (3) / Clint Stoerner (2)

Troy Aikman (11) / Randall Cunningham (3) / Anthony Wright (2)

^^^ QBs in Dallas from Aikman's last year to Romo

there isn't a single one that started a full 2 years

Sanchez has had 3 years now...time to look for something else
Old 01-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #11
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

BS...most QBs DO NOT have 4 years to prove themselves in today's NFL

thank GOD we didn't give any of those scrubs inbetween Aikman and Romo 4 years
Old 01-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #12
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

in today's NFL coaches and QBs have to prove themselves right away, fans and owners don't want to wait, they want results ASAP.

Sanchez was a high pick and should be given 3 years I think...he was and now I think we all know that his ceiling just isn't that high

in 3 years with star cast around him he has never had a QB rating over 78.2

I think his ceiling as a passer is like 85.0

he will never be a 100.0 passer rating guy
Old 01-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #13
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

This team is just falling apart
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #14
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Well if you look at most QB's in the NFL 4th year is the charm to go either way.

But like I said the Cowboys are the model of how not to do things.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #15
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm not so bothered about what they're saying. They're just voicing their opinions and stating that they think their guy isn't getting it done.

What bothers me is the way they remained anonymous. If you're going to talk about someone, make it known who you are. Say it confidently.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: