Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-05-2007, 02:19 PM   #31
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

i 100% agree

i love european rock

u2,beatles,coldplay,oasis

Last edited by Howard5Dirk41 : 01-05-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:03 PM   #32
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Interesting. I didn't realize U2 were British.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:05 PM   #33
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Interesting. I didn't realize U2 were British.

They arent, Irish (and yes I know you're being a smartass) But I group them all togeather, so lets say European Rock.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:02 PM   #34
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns#1
cant forget the blues

America rocks England in the blues. America's jazz is about 1000x times better than England's. America's hip-hop is way better too, although there are some quality acts in England. I'd give the indie edge to America as well.

Don't even get me started on the R&B & Soul scenes either. Besides, Rock & Roll is/was/and will always be an American thing.
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:13 PM   #35
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Radiohead = greatest band in the world.

US obviously trumps UK in hip hop... the rap that I've heard come out of the UK is terrible/funny.

Another great band from the UK is the reggae group Steel Pulse. They are arguably the most influential reggae band in the world.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #36
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBalboa
Let's see lol

The Beatles, Queen, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, The Clash, The Who and so on..

USA can't compare IMO.

Dude you should really read up before you make an arse of yourself.

If you cite influences from any of those bands you will find they were all influenced by American musicians like Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Marvin Gaye,Howling Wolf, Robert Johnson etc. Then Jimi came over and blew them off the map. He made the Beatles change their whole image.

Read Up:

"The Beatles were also influenced by many artists themselves, including the Everly Brothers, Chuck Berry and Buddy Holly."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles

A list of some of the songs Zep stole from other artists:

"Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" - A folk song by Anne Bredon, this was originally credited as "traditional, arranged by Jimmy Page," then "words and music by Jimmy Page," and then, following legal action, "Bredon/Page/Plant."
"Black Mountain Side" - uncredited version of a traditional folk tune previously recorded by Bert Jansch.
"Bring It On Home" - the first section is an uncredited cover of the Willie Dixon tune (as performed by the imposter Sonny Boy Williamson).
"Communication Breakdown" - apparently derived from Eddie Cochran's "Nervous Breakdown."
"Custard Pie" - uncredited cover of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down," with lyrics from Sleepy John Estes's "Drop Down Daddy."
"Dazed And Confused" - uncredited cover of the Jake Holmes song (see The Above Ground Sound Of Jake Holmes).
"Hats Off To (Roy) Harper" - uncredited version of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down."
"How Many More Times" - Part one is an uncredited cover of the Howlin' Wolf song (available on numerous compilations). Part two is an uncredited cover of Albert King's "The Hunter."
"In My Time Of Dying" - uncredited cover of the traditional song (as heard on Bob Dylan's debut).
"The Lemon Song" - uncredited cover of Howlin' Wolf's "Killing Floor" - Wolf's publisher sued Zeppelin in the early 70s and settled out of court.
"Moby ****" - written and first recorded by Sleepy John Estes under the title "The Girl I Love," and later covered by Bobby Parker.
"Nobody's Fault But Mine" - uncredited cover of the Blind Willie Johnson blues.
"Since I've Been Lovin' You" - lyrics are the same as Moby Grape's "Never," though the music isn't similar.
"Stairway To Heaven" - the main guitar line is apparently from "Taurus" by Spirit.
"White Summer" - uncredited cover of Davey Graham's "She Moved Through The Fair."
"Whole Lotta Love" - lyrics are from the Willie Dixon blues "You Need Love."

"Like most early British rock groups, the Rolling Stones were influenced by a variety of American musical forms, especially rhythm and blues and early rock 'n' roll."

http://www.acheapseat.com/rolling_stones_tickets.html

"(Pete) Townshend's biggest guitar influences include Link Wray, John Lee Hooker, Bo Diddley and Hank Marvin of The Shadows."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Townshend
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:39 PM   #37
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That point has been made several times.

And everyone steals blues songs, not like you add anything with that.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:26 PM   #38
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

eveyrbody who brings up hiphop should be banned
i love hiphop

but you cant bring up hiphop and ignore punk for example.

also

the clash > ramones.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:35 AM   #39
KobeBalboa
Banned

KobeBalboa has an OK reputation so far

Hmmm, I liked The Ramones better.

Last edited by KobeBalboa : 01-06-2007 at 12:38 AM.
KobeBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:37 AM   #40
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
Hmmm, I liked The Ramons better.
agree
Old 01-06-2007, 12:39 AM   #41
Nero
Great young streetballer

Nero has an OK reputation so far

Music is for ******s.
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:41 AM   #42
24/7
Great young streetballer

24/7 has an OK reputation so far

lol wtf
24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:41 AM   #43
24/7
Great young streetballer

Quote:

The Beatles, Queen, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, The Clash, The Who and so on..

All that crap and no Sex Pistols or Joy Division? Bah!
Old 01-06-2007, 12:42 AM   #44
24/7
Great young streetballer

db
Old 01-06-2007, 12:44 AM   #45
24/7
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
eveyrbody who brings up hiphop should be banned
i love hiphop

but you cant bring up hiphop and ignore punk for example.

also

the clash > ramones.

The Clash ain't punk.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: