Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-06-2007, 01:56 AM   #46
nbavenom
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
eveyrbody who brings up hiphop should be banned
i love hiphop

but you cant bring up hiphop and ignore punk for example.

also

the clash > ramones.

all you have to do is add up who has the best artist in the world.. a lot of factors you could use. everybody gets a score

michael jackson.thriller highest selling album of all time - usa
quality music-??
most celebrated bands?

this wil rage on till the end of the time but everybody knows the usa kicks ass.thats why simon cowell came over to the us he knows where the real money is.
nbavenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:52 AM   #47
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

I'll say America...new musical genres just from the black community alone in the US influenced other artforms world wide.Blues music started it all.

Black American

Blues (it basically fathered all of the main musical artforms in America)
Jazz
ragtime
Soul
Rock & Roll
Gospel
Funk
Boogie Woogie

White American

Country
Bluegrass

Blues and the styles that it fathered would leave the USA and help birth new genres outside of the US like Jamaican Ska & Reggae and even Nigerian Afrobeat.

Last edited by Diesel J : 01-06-2007 at 06:55 AM.
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:35 AM   #48
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

actually the clash were a punkgroup

one of the most influential at that
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:40 AM   #49
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
All senior citizens now..

JFK was president when these dudes were hot.... Nobody here was even born yet....

Black & White television was cutting edge technology back then

model T was in..

Not JFK. The British invasion coincided with the aftermath of Kennedy's death. Nixon was President when most of these artists were playing. Not the Clash though. The Clash are in my lifetime. But whatever.

America's music history is much wider and more diverse than anything out of England. England is pretty much limited to rock with its peak in the early 70's.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:01 AM   #50
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

agreed. america has a huge legace over several genres

but then again when you look at the influence of the big englisch acts, its crazy. especially when you take into account how many people there are in the us compared to the uk.

anyway, for some reason most of my favorite acts are from the uk.

besides Elton John > any US act
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:08 AM   #51
KobeBalboa
Banned

Did you guys hear that Guns and Roses are planning to release a new album in March?

Guns and Queen... NIIIICE. Wonder how Queen will sound without Freddie..
KobeBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:21 PM   #52
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

Quote:
The USA made Rock -N-Roll...Jazz....R&B...Hip Hop....Country.

You say that like they should be proud of R&B, Rap and especially country. Old school R&B is tight, but since about 1990 its been the 2nd worst type of music around, country has that **** on lockdown though.

Its probably fairly even though, England absolutely pumps the US when it comes to electronic music and rock and roll which are probably the 2 biggest forms of music overall. Throw in punk(you create it you get credit whether its good or bad) and its very arguable.

I'd go with England, because in the forms of music I listen to they have been better. Even their Hip Hop has been at least as good for the last 5 years and they dont have country dragging them down big time.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:17 AM   #53
nbavenom
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
You say that like they should be proud of R&B, Rap and especially country. Old school R&B is tight, but since about 1990 its been the 2nd worst type of music around, country has that **** on lockdown though.

Its probably fairly even though, England absolutely pumps the US when it comes to electronic music and rock and roll which are probably the 2 biggest forms of music overall. Throw in punk(you create it you get credit whether its good or bad) and its very arguable.

I'd go with England, because in the forms of music I listen to they have been better. Even their Hip Hop has been at least as good for the last 5 years and they dont have country dragging them down big time.

what?old school r&b is the one of the top selling genres past and present..country has nothing on lockdown.country has to be one of the worst genres of music I have ever heard.country has nothing to offer..thats why its been on the decline.Your funny England hip hop music is horrible I have never in my life heard such awful racket.Seriously every english hip hop artist should kill themselves: The usa dominates england in every way.Electronic music is null and void and please dont get me started on punk.What the **** is punk really?? England cant walk a mile in america's shoes. We have better hip hop I know that for sure.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:04 PM   #54
yelk
Can barely lace up my sneakers

yeah england > usa in music but our dim sum place in china town > their english tea. usa has too many crappy singers it sux and the worst part about it is the fans dont f*cking know what tehyre listening to. like the song "smack that" and other hip hop junks kids r listening too those r just awful awful
yelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:33 PM   #55
nbavenom
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelk
yeah england > usa in music but our dim sum place in china town > their english tea. usa has too many crappy singers it sux and the worst part about it is the fans dont f*cking know what tehyre listening to. like the song "smack that" and other hip hop junks kids r listening too those r just awful awful

usa has some of the best singers in the world.thats why england artist come over to the usa. england sucks music wise. hat grime music is horrible. USA rocks england in every part of the music biz. Ask Simon cowell why he came to the usa. cuz he knows england puts out crappy music. its kind of funny how you know the song "smack that" looks like its been played by you.

nobody listens to england hip hop.its sucks period .
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: