Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #16
Flagrant 2
QUITE FRANKLY

Flagrant 2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFlagrant 2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Andre Miller wants to start, not come off bench

The Lakers should trade their dinosaur for another dinosaur.
Flagrant 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #17
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^ You're an idiot Kurple.
NoGunzJustSkillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #18
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
^ You're an idiot Kurple.
thanks

may i ask why?

I know i'm an idiot at times, but I don't see what I said wrong here
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #19
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
thanks

may i ask why?

I know i'm an idiot at times, but I don't see what I said wrong here
Did you click Jeff's link?
Old 01-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #20
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this board

Quote:
Did you click Jeff's link?
Jeff's link wasn't the full story..
Old 01-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #21
jbryan1984
Decent college freshman

jbryan1984 is considered somewhat cooljbryan1984 is considered somewhat cool

Out of every team in the league, I would say the Lakers are in the most need at the 1 position. Kupchak should make it happen.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #22
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Andre Miller would start for the Lakers.....no question about it.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #23
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I don't know what the Lakers have, but they could obviously use him. Kobe would be using the ball a lot less.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #24
kurple
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
DENVER -- Denver Nuggets point guard Andre Miller regularly was a starter in his first 12 NBA seasons. He's not too happy with that changing.

Miller, who becomes a free agent after the season, said before Wednesday's game against New Jersey that "probably not" would he return to the Nuggets next season if the role is to back up Ty Lawson. But he wouldn't completely rule that out as a possibility if no better situations were to be available.

"At this point in my career, I don't see myself as a backup," Miller, who entered the NBA in 1999, said in an interview with FOXSports.com. "For 13 years, I wasn't a backup before. This is a short season (due to the lockout), so I'll deal with it. But I don't see myself as a backup at this point in my career. I don't see that."

Interestingly, Miller did start his first game of the season against the Nets due to Lawson being out with a right foot strain. But Lawson's injury isn't expected to sideline him for long, and he could be back starting Friday against Miami.

Another Denver player, though, does want to stick around. Forward Danilo Gallinari, who can become a restricted free agent next summer, told FOXSports.com his desire is to re-sign with the Nuggets.

Miller, who was Denver's starting point from 2002-06, was reacquired on draft night last June. There has been talk of Miller, 35, serving as a mentor for Lawson, 24, a third-year man. But Miller said Lawson doesn't need that.

"Ty, he's worked hard. He's had his mentor with Chauncey Billups," Miller said of the point guard who was dealt last February from Denver, which led to Lawson becoming the starter. "Why would they need me to come in and put in my two cents?"

Miller said he hasn't spoke of not liking his backup role to Nuggets coach George Karl, and that he doesn't plan to have such a conversation. Karl said this was the first he'd heard of Miller's disappointment.

"I'm glad he's proud of himself and he wants to play," Karl said. "But I think this still is the best opportunity for him."

One thing is for sure. Gallinari believes the Nuggets provide him the best opportunity.

"I'd like to be here," Gallinari said before Wednesday's game "If I can play here, it'd be great… If they give me an extension (before next summer), it's good. If not, I will wait until after the season."

Gallinari paid close attention to Nuggets guard Arron Afflalo re-signing as a restricted free agent before this season.

"If I can be the same that (Afflalo) did, that would be great to play in a system you really like a lot," Gallinari said.

Miller, though, is less enthralled. He entered Wednesday averaging 28.1 minutes, in line to be his lowest in a season since his rookie year with Cleveland in 1999-2000, and 9.8 points, which would be a career low.

"My goal is to play 15 to 17 years," Miller said. "I think I've been pretty competitive."

Miller didn't believe there would have been a battle for the starting job with Lawson even had a lockout not significantly shortened training camp. But he said he plans to have a good attitude and will "support" Lawson during the 66-game season.

"He is the guy, that's pretty clear," Miller said of Lawson. "I understand why they brought me here, so I'm not going to dwell on this, 66 games. Move past and leave it alone."

Miller didn't totally rule out re-signing next season with Denver. But he said that's not his preference.

"Probably not," Miller said of re-signing with the Nuggets. "It depends on the situation. It's just something that you have to get used to. I don't want to get used to it. But if the situation says that I have to stay here for a couple of years, cool. But that's just something that I'd have to worry about later on."'

now stop making a fool of youself
Old 01-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #25
kurple
Very good NBA starter

Dre is too bad of a shooter to be a great fit on the Lakers IMO..
Old 01-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #26
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:

now stop making a fool of youself
How is Jeff far from the truth on this one?

Quote:
"At this point in my career, I don't see myself as a backup," Miller, who entered the NBA in 1999, said in an interview with FOXSports.com. "For 13 years, I wasn't a backup before. This is a short season (due to the lockout), so I'll deal with it. But I don't see myself as a backup at this point in my career. I don't see that."

so unhappy he won't even consider resigning with the Nuggets.

Quote:
"Probably not," Miller said of re-signing with the Nuggets. "It depends on the situation. It's just something that you have to get used to. I don't want to get used to it. But if the situation says that I have to stay here for a couple of years, cool. But that's just something that I'd have to worry about later on."'

Jeff stands corrected....Andre Miller wants to start, not come off the bench.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #27
kurple
Very good NBA starter

i never said jeff was far from the truth? wtf are you talking about bro

I said Niko was far from the truth in this case when he said Dre always complains and is a bad teammate if he isn't a starter

Last edited by kurple : 01-12-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #28
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:
i never said jeff was far from the truth? wtf are you talking about bro

I said Niko was far from the truth in this case when he said Dre always complains and is a bad teammate if he isn't a starter
Stop playing stupid. I'm sure you can figure it out for yourself why I thought you were referring to Jeff's OP. And Niko is pretty much on point from what I remember from his days with the Sixers.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #29
kurple
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Stop playing stupid. I'm sure you can figure it out for yourself why I thought you were referring to Jeff's OP. And Niko is pretty much on point from what I remember from his days with the Sixers.
Niko might have been right about this from his sixers and blazers days, but that has not been the case this season. at least not so far

and what is your problem? you were the one calling me out (then I am allowed to be a smartass back), when you could have thought for 10 seconds and figured out I wasn't talking about Jeff.. Why would I say the OP was wrong, 2 hours and 3 posts after my first post in this thread? Don't call me an idiot and stupid

Last edited by kurple : 01-12-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #30
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:
Niko might have been right about this from his sixers and blazers days, but that has not been the case this season. at least not so far

and what is your problem? you were the one calling me out (then I am allowed to be a smartass back), when you could have thought for 10 seconds and figured out I wasn't talking about Jeff.. Why would I say the OP was wrong, 2 hours and 3 posts after my first post in this thread? Don't call me an idiot and stupid
If that was the case, he wouldn't even mention being unhappy coming off the bench. Some things are better unsaid. btw quit abusing the edit button lol. i kid i kid.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: