Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-30-2012, 11:22 PM   #16
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board
Default Re: DeMar DeRozan going through career growing pains

his problem is when he catches the ball he's looking to move the ball before going into his move

but that allows the defense to recover

if he attacks as soon as he catches the ball on the swing it removes the need for him to use a huge array of dribble moves. He has to use his first step to beat the first guy and he'll only need to use 1 or 2 counters if the help comes

him catching and not looking to be aggressive, looking east to west rather than north/south is really irritating me because he is so explosive he is wasting his first step
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:51 AM   #17
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^^ he doesn't really have that many moves to begin with. At least not in terms of ball handling. He's learned a few good upfakes and spin moves but really all those are predicated on him catching it and immediately going head first towards the basket. And then when he's cut off, he's not really a gifted passer either. Like i've been saying, I like the guy but what he can do is limited. I think he'd be good off the bench on a team like the Lakers for example in a Shannon-Brown type role.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #18
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

So what do we do with the guy? Do we trade him? Extend him? How much do we extend him for?
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #19
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
So what do we do with the guy? Do we trade him? Extend him? How much do we extend him for?
Can't trade him since his value is crap right now.

You keep him one more year. If he continues to suck, you let him walk and move on.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #20
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Can't extend him, he looks horrible. At this point I'm worried. His only use to a team would be his scoring and he's shooting sub 40% with no signs of improvement. Struggles dribbling in the half court, limited range, nothing special on defense.... meh. At this point I look at James Johnson in a more positive light going forward and contributing to us becoming a quality team.

What I hope to see from Demar is his usual FG% which is roughly ~47% I believe, with improved range and better defense. If they don't see that in him by the end of the year or next year MAX don't be afraid to get rid.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: