Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
lakersNUMBA1
I hit open 5-footers

lakersNUMBA1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Dallas Mavericks vs Los Angeles Lakers 1/16/12

VS

First and foremost.. WELCOME BACK CANDY MAN aka LAMAR ODOM!

Lakers want their revenge from the playoffs last year, so I believe Andrew Bynum will have a great game.

5 straight nights Kobe scoring 40+ ?
lakersNUMBA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Dallas Mavericks vs Los Angeles Lakers 1/16/12

I would hope that Bynum and Gasol get the rock more. Lakers' Coach Mike Brown was quoted saying he wanted to get other guys going, and that Kobe's scoring spree is more of a "temporary" solution.

Lets hope for consistency from everyone of our players, who I like and dislike. In the end of the day, we just want to win.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:01 AM   #3
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Pau doing his thing against the Mavs again

Looking a the score you can't be sure they are using a shot clock

Mitch.......can we PLEASE trade Gasol???
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:07 AM   #4
lakersNUMBA1
I hit open 5-footers

lakersNUMBA1 has an OK reputation so far

I love Derek Fisher. Always have. I don't care what anyone says about him. I knew that shot was going in once he let go of it. It reminded me of the Orlando Magic game in the finals. Ugly win, but the Lakers aren't complaining. Good game by Lamar in his return.
lakersNUMBA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:14 AM   #5
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersNUMBA1
I love Derek Fisher. Always have. I don't care what anyone says about him. I knew that shot was going in once he let go of it. It reminded me of the Orlando Magic game in the finals. Ugly win, but the Lakers aren't complaining. Good game by Lamar in his return.

Yeah.....it did remind me of Orlando......I love Fish too but his time has passed, 1 good game and 40 bad ones is not going to cut it.
This was as ugly as it gets.....I think emotion had a lot to do with it.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:38 AM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Yeah.....it did remind me of Orlando......I love Fish too but his time has passed, 1 good game and 40 bad ones is not going to cut it.
This was as ugly as it gets.....I think emotion had a lot to do with it.

I dont care about Fisher being on the team. He's not a starter, and he's no more than 15 mins a game. If we got a PG who starts and plays 36 mpg...we wouldn't need a backup other than Fisher then.

It was a nice game from him. Brought back old memories. But you're right, his time has passed. Out with the old, in with the new.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #7
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Least we proved that we could win ugly..
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:14 AM   #8
DKLaker

It's late and I'm too lazy to start a thread about this but......would you trade Pau for old Steve Nash straight up???? After much thought......I would actually do it.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:18 AM   #9
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

mr sax has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I dont care about Fisher being on the team. He's not a starter, and he's no more than 15 mins a game. If we got a PG who starts and plays 36 mpg...we wouldn't need a backup other than Fisher then.

It was a nice game from him. Brought back old memories. But you're right, his time has passed. Out with the old, in with the new.

Can you at least give the guy credit for making the winning shot?
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:09 AM   #10
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
It's late and I'm too lazy to start a thread about this but......would you trade Pau for old Steve Nash straight up???? After much thought......I would actually do it.

Hell no
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
Can you at least give the guy credit for making the winning shot?

I do. And whats more, I give him credit for the entire fourth quarter. He single handedly brought the team over the hump, in a game where offense seemed to be a struggle for both teams. He gave us full control of the game. It was his best game in a while, and it brought me back to the days when he performed like that. I will even say that his performance was more of an emotional thing than Odom receiving applause for his years spent as a laker.

With that being said, Fisher is a good second string backup. As long as he is a full time starter, this team will not make it to the finals again because he cannot physically keep up in a full length wear n tear season. Last year he was tired, and fouled people in the end of games, which cost us the game.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:

Right now I would say no, simply because I feel like we can get more for him. There's always going to be a sucker GM that offers more than a player is actually worth. Plus Pau has more years left in him, whereas 36 year old Nash is in the last year of his contract. He said he does not want to be moved, and its possible he might even retire at the end of the season. Who's gonna offer him a deal other than phoenix?
Old 01-19-2012, 01:31 AM   #13
DKLaker

Quote:
Right now I would say no, simply because I feel like we can get more for him. There's always going to be a sucker GM that offers more than a player is actually worth. Plus Pau has more years left in him, whereas 36 year old Nash is in the last year of his contract. He said he does not want to be moved, and its possible he might even retire at the end of the season. Who's gonna offer him a deal other than phoenix?

The way Pau is playing I'm not sure he has 2 years left in him........I think Nash could still be very good another 2 years after this season....at that point we could pick up top FA....PG......Walton contract will be gone....FINALLY.....and Ron...er.....Metta will be gone.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:07 AM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
The way Pau is playing I'm not sure he has 2 years left in him........I think Nash could still be very good another 2 years after this season....at that point we could pick up top FA....PG......Walton contract will be gone....FINALLY.....and Ron...er.....Metta will be gone.

Its not necessarily that he's playing like an old man. Its more to me like he's collecting a pay check more than anything. Now that the lakers tried trading him, he will still act professional, but thats it. He won't give it his all like he did. So while I agree we should trade him, I don't think he's playing bad because of his age, but his state of mind more than anything. But what do I know? Im only a bachelor of psychology
Old 01-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #15
DKLaker

Quote:
Its not necessarily that he's playing like an old man. Its more to me like he's collecting a pay check more than anything. Now that the lakers tried trading him, he will still act professional, but thats it. He won't give it his all like he did. So while I agree we should trade him, I don't think he's playing bad because of his age, but his state of mind more than anything. But what do I know? Im only a bachelor of psychology

I agree with you 100%, I didn't actually mean physically, I meant mentally, he just seems tired of the battle and is perfectly content to retire with 2 rings.
I wouldn't be surprised if he retired fairly early to go into medicine, the guy flat out doesn't want it anymore......I don't see that changing.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: