Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-13-2012, 05:36 AM   #31
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Are the Rockets going to trade Terrence Williams?

Personally, I'd love to take a flyer on Williams and try and turn him into a poor mans' Jalen Rose. He doesn't touch Rose in any facet whatsoever outside of athleticism, but it's the same kind of scenario. A great 0 guard talent that while knowing how basketball actually works for whatever reason can't grasp letting the ego slide. He's not some off the floor distraction (far as I know anyway), he's a bit cocky sure but that's not exactly uncommon. He's already done some floating around, he's the classic low risk/high reward guy. He succeeds you've got a 6'7 Marquis Daniels jack of all trades type, he fails then whatever, to China he goes.

I'd VERY much support Indiana picking him up for next to nothing.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #32
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Personally, I'd love to take a flyer on Williams and try and turn him into a poor mans' Jalen Rose. He doesn't touch Rose in any facet whatsoever outside of athleticism, but it's the same kind of scenario. A great 0 guard talent that while knowing how basketball actually works for whatever reason can't grasp letting the ego slide. He's not some off the floor distraction (far as I know anyway), he's a bit cocky sure but that's not exactly uncommon. He's already done some floating around, he's the classic low risk/high reward guy. He succeeds you've got a 6'7 Marquis Daniels jack of all trades type, he fails then whatever, to China he goes.

I'd VERY much support Indiana picking him up for next to nothing.

why? you don't like D.Jones?
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:48 AM   #33
MiseryCityTexas
National High School Star

MiseryCityTexas has decent reputationMiseryCityTexas has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fos
His problem is he sucks and there are better players in front of him. Simple as that.

he did well with the minutes they do give him. parsons is just working much harder to earn his minutes while williams is totally dependent on his talents. its sucks to see williams on the bench though. he did bust his ass during the lockout to try to improve. i dont think the rockets will move him just yet. williams still has a chance to get his minutes back with courtney lee injured.
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:34 AM   #34
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Williams has been Inactive now in 17 of the last 19 games & they declined his final year option making him an unrestricted Free Agent.

In the 2 games hes played he got 10 minutes combined.

Would be a good fit for the Clippers Trade Exception.

But......

Quote:
@NotMikeF(Michael Franklin)
Why won't Mchale play Twill?

Quote:
dmorey(Darryl Morey)
@TheRealTWill is playing great. Just don't have time with Kevin/CLee/CBud/Parsons all playing well.

Quote:
TheRealTWill(Terrence Williams_

@dmorey @notmikef according to the "numbers" I suck, HA. I create good things, but numbers is misleading when we are not undefeated. SCAM
http://twitter.com/#!/TheRealTWill/s...80570070024192

Tweeted that to his GM.

Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:47 AM   #35
DRose1899
Banned

DRose1899 has an OK reputation so far

OMG this guy is dumbass
DRose1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:15 AM   #36
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

remember when he was assigned to the D-league, had an epiphany, and decided to turn his career around and stop being such a knickle-head . . .
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:15 AM   #37
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRose1899
OMG this guy is dumbass
Who knows?

He can be a pretty good player in the league and he hasn't demanded a trade or anything from Houston, although they'll probably deal him anyways.

If I'm healthy and miss 17 of 19 games, I'd be pissed off. No Lie.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #38
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool

Prob or they will just let him expire. Rockets have about $11 million in expiring contracts of players they are not keeping. He def won't see any playing time, the bench is stacked. Five bench players scored in double digits last night against the Suns, 57 points. When was the last time that happened? For the Rockets it was in 93. The night before they scored 66 against the Blazers.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:28 AM   #39
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Didn't notice this the first time I read the thread...

Quote:
ďAll you can do is smile,Ē he said. ďYou canít control what others do. You can only control what you do. Ö Do my job like Iíve been doing. Iíve been great. I donít know whatís going on."

This guy. What a tool.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #40
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsatyr
Prob or they will just let him expire. Rockets have about $11 million in expiring contracts of players they are not keeping. He def won't see any playing time, the bench is stacked. Five bench players scored in double digits last night against the Suns, 57 points. When was the last time that happened? For the Rockets it was in 93. The night before they scored 66 against the Blazers.
Why not flip some of these guys like Flynn, Thabeet, & T-Will who wont play for a future 2nd rounder or something?
Old 02-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #41
fos
It's not rebound-ball.

fos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected poster

He's not in "the dog house," he just can't beat out the players in front of him. He's not some superstar talent. He's a bench player with delusions of grandeur.
fos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:37 AM   #42
Silenttristo
I brick open layups

Silenttristo has decent reputationSilenttristo has decent reputation

I think he's your classic "Million Dollar Talent, Ten Cent Head". He's got plenty of gifts, but he's turned into a total headcase. I'd take him back on the Nets, if only to have 5 Williams on the same team.
Silenttristo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: