Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #181
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Evaluating the Knicks

My hope is that the coaching staff can get together over the All-Star break and figure out how to effectively pair Tyson Chandler and Amar'e Stoudemire.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:45 AM   #182
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Let's break down Linsanity n come to a conclusion once and for all. This is not to discredit Lin's amazing accomplishments this month. I take my hat off to him. I admire his poise and perseverance. I'm just becoming naseous with the overhyping and ridiculous commets coming from some Knick fans over what has been an amazing month of basketball.

Feb 23 @ MIA L - got locked down mano y mano. Struggled to get the ball past half court against a bottom tier pg in Chalmers
Feb 22 vs. ATL W- played well against Teague, another young,developing pg with something to prove. Gave up 18 pts.
Feb 20 vs. NJN L -Got destroyed by D Will. leeding only stopped because Deron fouled out. Wasn't exactly great against Gaines either.
Feb 19 vs. DAL W - Had a big time game against Jason Kidd who's past his prime. Took advantage of Dallas' lack of shot blocking. Excellent playmaking all game long. 7 to's
Feb 17 vs. NOH L - Scored well but had 9 TOs and gave up 15 and 11 to Greivas Vasquez.
Feb 15 vs. SAC W- Low scoring game but had career high in assists. 6 TOs
Feb 14 @ TOR W Big time scoring game. Poor defensive game. Had the poise and balls to hit a big time shot to win the game! 8 TOs
Feb 11 @ MIN W - Good game. 6 TOs. Hit clutch free throws down the stretch.
Feb 10 vs. LAL W - Took advantage of the worst pg in the league. Quality win against a team with a mismatch in his favor. Looked aggressive and impressive.
Feb 08 @ WAS W - I was at this game. He played well but John Wall was scoring at will. Gave up 29 to Wall
Feb 06 vs. UTA W - Good game. Too many TOs (8) but a good game.
Feb 04 vs. NJN W - Caught everyone off guard and took the world by storm!

General Facts
9-3 record
4 teams over .500
Utah in the midst of a losing streak when we played them
Atl without Joe Johnson.
Held all but 2 teams under 100 points
One of the longest win streaks in almost a decade.

Last edited by franchize : 02-25-2012 at 03:49 AM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #183
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?...0&city=newyork great mid season write up.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #184
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
My hope is that the coaching staff can get together over the All-Star break and figure out how to effectively pair Tyson Chandler and Amar'e Stoudemire.
I hope so too, but for them to work, Amare needs to fix his jumper, whatever's wrong with it.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #185
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King

Mike D'Antoni couldn't figure it out even if you draw it for him.
Neither would Mike Woodson and the rest of the coaching staff.

I jizz in my pants when I think about how good would this team be with the proper coaching. Then I get very disappointed when I realize that there won't be coaching change any time soon.

Can someone hijack Doc Rivers from the Celtics ? I'm willing to pay big money for it
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #186
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch

I jizz in my pants when I think about how good would this team be with the proper coaching. Then I get very disappointed when I realize that there won't be coaching change any time soon.

Can someone hijack Doc Rivers from the Celtics ? I'm willing to pay big money for it
The Celtics offense is hideous.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #187
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
The Celtics offense is hideous.
We have the same offensive rating despite them being 100 years old with a point guard who can't shoot to save his life.

07-08: 9th offense,1st defense
08-09: 5th offense,2nd defense
09-10: 15th offense,5th defense
10-11: 18th offense,1st defense
11-12: 25th offense,4th defense

This shows us one thing.Celtics under Doc Rivers have always been an excellent defensive team. Their offense is getting worse as they're becoming older,Doc can't do much about it. It's not his fault his point guard is limited at scoring the ball while the other three stars are 34,35 and 36 years old.

Also he led them to a championship.

Doc Rivers is one of the best coaches in the NBA,you can't say that about Mike D'Antoni.

Doc Rivers >>>>>>>>>>>>> Mike D'Antoni + Mike Woodson

Give him this Knicks team and he would do wonders with it.
You know,Doc can actually make adjustments and draw some set plays.

Last edited by Clutch : 02-25-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #188
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Celtics are old. I can't even evaluate them anymore. You never know what players, or knees, will show up on any given night.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #189
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Celtics are old. I can't even evaluate them anymore. You never know what players, or knees, will show up on any given night.
Average age of the Celtics starting 5: Approximately 33 years and 2 months old

Average age of the Knicks starting 5: Approximately 26 years and 8 months old

Rajon Rondo is the only Celtic less than 30 years old while the Knicks don't have anyone over 30.

Did you know that Jermaine O'Neal and Paul Pierce were born at the same date (Oct.13 , Pierce is a year older though) ?
Old 02-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #190
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Doc Rivers has a ring. That makes him infinitely better than MDA.

D'Antoni is still trying to figure out how to make 3 All Star quality players "fit" together.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #191
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch

I don't understand the hate for MDA.. He's a good coach and the problem is that he has a black hole(anthony) and his other "superstar" acting like a swingman and refuses to play any defense(Amare)

Lin was able to flourish because of MDA and we did pretty damn well without Melo. The problem is Melo is a chucker who abuses the ball and ruins any team aspect. Why is that our record without Melo is twice as good without him these past 2 seasons? Did we even win 1/3 of our games with Melo? And no he didn't make us go to the playoffs last year as we virtually clinched the playoffs without him and proceed to lose like 10 straight games with him..

I'm going to say this again but that was the worst trade we could have ever done.. Gallo would have fit this team much better and would be a much better asset with his slashing/3 point shooting ability.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:45 PM   #192
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I don't understand the hate for MDA.. He's a good coach and the problem is that he has a black hole(anthony) and his other "superstar" acting like a swingman and refuses to play any defense(Amare)

Lin was able to flourish because of MDA and we did pretty damn well without Melo. The problem is Melo is a chucker who abuses the ball and ruins any team aspect. Why is that our record without Melo is twice as good without him these past 2 seasons? Did we even win 1/3 of our games with Melo? And no he didn't make us go to the playoffs last year as we virtually clinched the playoffs without him and proceed to lose like 10 straight games with him..

I'm going to say this again but that was the worst trade we could have ever done.. Gallo would have fit this team much better and would be a much better asset with his slashing/3 point shooting ability.
Go ahead and say Gallo is a better player than Melo....I dare you.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:46 AM   #193
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Let's do this. LOL
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:02 AM   #194
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Go ahead and say Gallo is a better player than Melo....I dare you.

GALLO IS BETTER THAN MELO!

knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:13 AM   #195
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer

We wouldn't have the players we do now if we still had Gallo. Chandler, Lin, JR Smith. None would be here if the trade doesn't happen. Raymond Felton would be our PG.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: