Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #241
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Evaluating the Knicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
If the conversation is based on Melo being lazy and a bad defender why bring up Amare? Why do people get so defensive when you call Melo out? Whether any other player gets beat is irrelevant to the conversation.

Scooter said Melo and Amre both suck at defense, implying that they are at about the same level. Call Melo lazy if you want but he is not a detriment in our defense.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #242
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Clutch was actually the one who brought up Amar'e. Rameek might be on to something with the insecurity issue.

How is being lazy not detrimental to our defense? Have we forgotten Gallinari dropping 37/12 or whatever and Paul Pierce killing us this year? Granted, Melo is overmatched when he's facing those guys, but still...white text
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #243
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Clutch was actually the one who brought up Amar'e. Rameek might be on to something with the insecurity issue.

How is being lazy not detrimental to our defense? Have we forgotten Gallinari dropping 37/12 or whatever and Paul Pierce killing us this year? Granted, Melo is overmatched when he's facing those guys, but still...white text
Gallo scored more than half of his points when Melo wasn't guarding him.
Pierce scored 30 but on less than 40% shooting.
Get your facts right.

I mentioned Amare just because you said that we have a guy paid $20 mil. for not playing defense.
Of course you blamed Melo,the person who you blame for everything bad that happens to this team.
You didn't blame Amare who's also getting paid $20. mil for even worse offense and even worse defense.

And even if you're right Pierce and Gallo are good players.At least he's not allowing scrubs like Samardo Samuels to go off like our other superstar does.
Remember 300 lbs Boris Diaw having a career night against us,spinning around the BEAST and going for an easy layup ?

Last edited by Clutch : 03-02-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #244
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Gallo scored more than half of his points when Melo wasn't guarding him.

Get your facts right.
So Melo doesn't even have the balls to guard his own position. Tsk tsk tsk... LOL

Quote:
I mentioned Amare just because you said that we have a guy paid $20 mil. for not playing defense.
Of course you blamed Melo,the person who you blame for everything bad that happens to this team.
You didn't blame Amare who's getting paid $20. mil for even worse offense and even worse defense.
You mentioned Amar'e because I was picking on Melo and it made you mad. It's okay, you just have to own it.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #245
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
So Melo doesn't even have the balls to guard his own position. Tsk tsk tsk... LOL

You mentioned Amar'e because I was picking on Melo and it made you mad. It's okay, you just have to own it.
I'm not a Melo fan. I'm a Knicks fan.

I don't like the thing that you blame all of our problems on Melo when there's a much bigger problem than him on this team (read Amare)..
If someone got injured right now you would blame Melo for that too.

It's not just you. It's the media too. Melo gets too much blame while Amare often gets a pass even though he has played poorly for the whole season.

That's the thing that bothers me. If this all was Melo's fault I would blame him too. I criticized him too for holding the ball and I agree he has to be more involved on defense.
But if you're going to blame someone,blame the right guy.

Last edited by Clutch : 03-02-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #246
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lol... Are people still trying to defend Melo? What has he done since coming here? I don't even think we won 1/3 of our games with him in the lineup since he came here but people still manage to defend and protect him.. He's a black hole, a malcontent and a chucker. We play great team ball without him with every one getting touches and shots but once he comes back in the lineup the offense suddenly gets dictated towards him. Hell were probably a better team with Novak in the lineup

Amare isn't playing lights out this year but we know what he can bring to the team, see last year pre-melo. Yes, he doesn't play any defense but we kinda knew he wasn't going to play any defense and I think he'll eventually buy into the team defense.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #247
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
I'm not a Melo fan. I'm a Knicks fan.
You've done nothing to demonstrate this to my satisfaction. And my satisfaction is all that matters in life.

Quote:
I don't like the thing that you blame all of our problems on Melo when there's a bigger a much bigger problem than him on this team (read Amare)..
If someone got injured right now you would blame Melo for that too.
I don't blame all of our problems on Melo. Just most of them. Someone has to play ying to yours and airchibundo's yang.

Quote:
It's not just you. It's the media too. Melo gets too much blame while Amare often gets a pass even though he has played poorly for the whole season.
Melo wanted that, and he deserves every ounce of it. That comes with the territory of forcing your way to the biggest city in the country in a national sporting specatacle. And then not backing up the hype.

And frankly, as lackluster as Amar'e's game has been thusfar, he's playing within the offense. He isn't forcing anything, and his iso's aren't freezing out the rest of the team and making everyone worse. As of right now, the macro view looks like this, in its simplest terms: Amar'e came to the Knicks, and they got better; Melo came to the Knicks and they got worse. You can debate how much of the blame Melo deserves for that - and I've said before that it's less than he's gotten - but ultimately there's no argument around that right now.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #248
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
lol... Are people still trying to defend Melo? What has he done since coming here? I don't even think we won 1/3 of our games with him in the lineup since he came here but people still manage to defend and protect him.. He's a black hole, a malcontent and a chucker. We play great team ball without him with every one getting touches and shots but once he comes back in the lineup the offense suddenly gets dictated towards him. Hell were probably a better team with Novak in the lineup

Amare isn't playing lights out this year but we know what he can bring to the team, see last year pre-melo. Yes, he doesn't play any defense but we kinda knew he wasn't going to play any defense and I think he'll eventually buy into the team defense.
What can he bring to the team ? Look like Jared Jeffries on offense and play no defense ?
Last year's Amare could jump and hit shots.
This year's Amare is useless.
And let's not blame Melo for that,he played just as bad (or even worse) without Melo in the lineup.
Actually his best (probably his only very good game of the season) came with Melo in the lineup against the Bulls.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #249
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
You've done nothing to demonstrate this to my satisfaction. And my satisfaction is all that matters in life.

I don't blame all of our problems on Melo. Just most of them. Someone has to play ying to yours and airchibundo's yang.

Melo wanted that, and he deserves every ounce of it. That comes with the territory of forcing your way to the biggest city in the country in a national sporting specatacle. And then not backing up the hype.

And frankly, as lackluster as Amar'e's game has been thusfar, he's playing within the offense. He isn't forcing anything, and his iso's aren't freezing out the rest of the team and making everyone worse. As of right now, the macro view looks like this, in its simplest terms: Amar'e came to the Knicks, and they got better; Melo came to the Knicks and they got worse. You can debate how much of the blame Melo deserves for that - and I've said before that it's less than he's gotten - but ultimately there's no argument around that right now.
This team isn't worse than the last year's. Both of them are .500

One of the reasons why we "got worse" is because Amare sucks this year and D'Antoni didn't have a point guard.
Those are 2 key things that D'Antoni had last year.
Do you really think last year's team would have been even close to .500 with Amare sucking this badly ? No chance.
What about Amare sucking this badly and with Douglas instead of Felton ? Lottery team
And please don't blame Melo for Amare's condition. It's not his fault that Amare got 20 lbs over the summer and that he looks like Glen Davis without the defense out there.

Melo deserves the blame because he hasn't played well.
No way you can deny that.
But he doesn't deserve to be blamed for things that he's not guilty for.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #250
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
This team isn't worse than the last year's. Both of them are .500
We were over .500 before the trade. Even then Melo was hurting us because the trade was hanging over everyone's head. Wilson Chandler definitely looked shaken. And our most recent turnaround came with Melo missing 2 weeks.

Quote:
One of the reasons why we "got worse" is because Amare sucks this year and D'Antoni didn't have a point guard.
Those are 2 key things that D'Antoni had last year.
Do you really think last year's team would have been even close to .500 with Amare sucking this badly ? No chance.
And please don't blame Melo for Amare's condition. It's not his fault that Amare got 20 lbs over the summer and that he looks like Glen Davis without the defense out there.
Melo hurt Amar'e's back. I knew it!

Quote:
Melo deserves the blame because he hasn't played well.
No way you can deny that.
But he doesn't deserve to be blamed for things that he's not guilty for.
LOL, WTF? When have I ever tried to deny that?
Old 03-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #251
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
We were over .500 before the trade. Even then Melo was hurting us because the trade was hanging over everyone's head. Wilson Chandler definitely looked shaken. And our most recent turnaround came with Melo missing 2 weeks.

Melo hurt Amar'e's back. I knew it!

LOL, WTF? When have I ever tried to deny that?
Now it's Melo's fault too because Wilson Chandler looked "shaken"
Those guys are professionals. You're paid to play,if you can't deal with the pressure then go sell popcorn.

Team with Melo in the lineup had a pretty good run at the end of the season and actually they played very well in the playoffs but didn't have luck (Amare and Billups getting injured,KG tripping Douglas causing us to lose the game...).
Old 03-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #252
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Now it's Melo's fault too because Wilson Chandler looked "shaken"
Those guys are professionals. You're paid to play,if you can't deal with the pressure then go sell popcorn.
Tell that to Melo. I think the pressure of playing in the Garden is getting to him.

Quote:
Team with Melo in the lineup had a pretty good run at the end of the season and actually they played very well in the playoffs but didn't have luck (Amare and Billups getting injured,KG tripping Douglas causing us to lose the game...).
Exactly. Swept.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #253
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Tell that to Melo. I think the pressure of playing in the Garden is getting to him.

Exactly. Swept.
Let's ignore the fact that we should have been up by 1-0 after the first game.
Refs were the main reason why we lost that game.
If you can't see that trip you're either blind or a Celtics fan.

Also let's ignore the fact that Amare and Billups got injured,we played rest of the series with Toney Douglas running the point and Amare being 10% (something like this year's version).
Old 03-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #254
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Yet another first round flame-out for Carmelo.

I'm mostly messing with you now.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #255
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Yet another first round flame-out for Carmelo.

I'm mostly messing with you now.
You're more hating than messing with me but whatever you say.

Obviously you don't have a good opinion about KG too,he was also a 1st round virgin before he came to the Celtics.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: